iPhone 4 vs. Galaxy SII

Hey guys, I've been an avid iPhone user (3G n currently 3GS) and honestly, I'm bored of iOS now. Want to try something else and only android comes into picture. I've shortlisted iPhone 4 White and Samsung Galaxy SII.

I have 2 worries: Firstly, Samsungs after few months of launch get a huge price drop which results in loss of resale value (atleast iPhone stays at the same stand till the next one is launched).

Secondly, Since, iOS has huuuuge app library, i'm quite spoiled by the small n handy day to day use apps which are very helpful like Indian Trains tracker, live flight tracker, flight track pro, loadz of dictionaries and pedias etc. I don't know if droid has so many apps to match the iOS.

Also, droid phones don't carry that bling factor with em which the iPhones have.

I intend to buy ONLY the macbook pro in coming few months and don't know if droid and lion would sync easily or have any problems?

I really like the Galaxy SII coz its very very powerful but i'm turned off by these 3 factors. Help me reach a conclusion on which one to buy.

P.S - Is it possible to use paid apps as cracked apps on droid like iOS (jailbreaking)

I just got the FiiO E11 and it's greatly improved the SQ on the SGS2. The very low frequencies that were completely missing before are now restored and my music collection sounds familiar again. The SGS2 does indeed have a different frequency response depending on the impedance attached to it, as mentioned in the GSM Arena review. In other words, the headphone output is garbage while output to an amp is fine.

Also, it no longer struggles to produce both heavy bass and treble at the same time. Previously there was noticeable frequency capping ocurring with each beat.

I think we are comparing two different league phones here. Iphone is year old while sg2 is released this year. I think you should wait for iphone 5 .Then i know iPhone will be definitely winner in terms of hardware features. Because Apple is pioneer in mobile . I'm sure they will be definitely add something impressive hardware in iPhone

The iPhone 5 will become like the PS3 with no practically usable exploits. Without the ability to reflash any firmware you want, you're screwed. If there is no bootrom exploit, you're screwed since you cannot restore older firmware even with saved SHSH blobs.

This is what drove me away from the iPhone, with the iPhone 4 being my last iOS device. With Android, they're too disorganized to lockdown anything properly, and there will always be some manufacturer who makes devices with unlocked bootloaders like Samsung with the SGS2. Apart from that the Nexus line will always be unlocked.

i know it hurts when there is a price drop after you buy .
But people donot bother to buy a over priced phone like iPhone, isn't it ?

What to say about the iPhone 3GS which apple is selling @20k, coz they don't sell anymore in th US ? People bought it for around 30k(in India) untill Airtel brought in the iPhone 4.

Why do people forget such huge price drop ?

Regarding screen size vs resolution,I am personally always in favour of screen size vis-a-vis resolution.

Even on a 3.7 inch WVGA screens like defy,desire at lower zoom levels,the text is clear,legible but small enough not be comfortable for prolonged reading.

A >4 inch screen is preferable for such high resolution screens.

Similarly the high res screen on Iphone 4.The main advantage with high res screens being that multimedia cintent looks even better.

Yes It does make text appear crystal even when zoomed out,but do watch out for strained eyes.

Add the fact that we are using light emitting/artifcially lighted displays and we have a recipe for instant headaches of unknown origin.

It is addicting,yes.Many a times my notebook is lying near me,still I prefer my cell for browsing/reading.But ideally It should be restricted to when you are out and about.

That is one of the reasons why the opthal faculty in our institutes actually welcome the "Tablet revolution".It is not ideal but still better then squinting on iphone/BB/Droids.

Earlier we used the term "Keyboard wrists" for carpal tunnel. I guess soon we will have "Touch screen wrists" and "smart(phone) headaches"

do note that squinting on a small display wont affect power of your eyes/"Give you glasses" at max It will cause headache. but then there is the WHO report to contend to also...

Ughh I guess I am far from the topic.

Back