Iphone4 Or Galaxy Note

teche

Adept
Friends help me decide between an iPhone4 or a Galaxy Note...

Both cost almost the same, iPhone4 gevy unlocked costs ~ 26k, factory unlocked ~30k. Note also comes 29k.

I already have iPhone 3gs, will retain it but this should not be a hinderance in the way of acquiring iphone4.

How's Note's user interface compared to iphone, does it function with the same ease, is it similarly refereshing, etc..?

iphones resale is great, how would Note's be?

Finally iphone is an iconic device, one really feels good owning the device, is it the same with Note?

P.S: 4S costs considerably more ~ 39k for a factory unlocked piece. Would have bought this one but for the price, don't wanna spend more than 30k on a phone. Though 30k I believe is pretty high in itself!

i dont think so the SGS3 will be available before August-September, as it is very much likely to be announced in May-June, with its availability around 3rd quarter of 2012. Not taking the case of SGS2 which was available after 1 year of its announcement.

@OP, you can never be assured about being future proof in Android World, until and unless Google defines some standards regarding it OS. You buy this, then its upgraded version is available in next 2 month with some bigger and brighter screen, then after other 2 months with a more pixel camera, then with faster CPU and all n all blah blah. All you can do is when you are assured about purchasing a mobile go with the highest your money can buy.

Apple markets their products very smartly. They conveniently phase out hardware support as and when they want, making you upgrade by adding an "S" to the product name. You can't just replace the battery, cant replace a damaged usb cable or charger without spending a bomb!

All their hardware is underpowered as compared to competition. Sony did the same and look where they are now. Well I guess with a flurry of ultrabooks and smartphones coming in, people would realize they pay far too much for what Apple gives.

#teche, I don't think you should debate much. I'm sure you'll switch your phone again in the next 6 months

I would suggest to wait for SGS3. It is believed to be between the SG2 and Note in size and a mammoth in performance. so if u think u can wait, wait for it.. otherwise Note is ur friend..

Great. Galaxy Note is too big to comfortably fit in a trouser pocket. The only guy I know who owns the Note kept it in his Jacket pocket and had no clue about where he will keep it during summers when he won't be wearing jackets.

Back