Iphone4 Or Galaxy Note

teche

Adept
Friends help me decide between an iPhone4 or a Galaxy Note...

Both cost almost the same, iPhone4 gevy unlocked costs ~ 26k, factory unlocked ~30k. Note also comes 29k.

I already have iPhone 3gs, will retain it but this should not be a hinderance in the way of acquiring iphone4.

How's Note's user interface compared to iphone, does it function with the same ease, is it similarly refereshing, etc..?

iphones resale is great, how would Note's be?

Finally iphone is an iconic device, one really feels good owning the device, is it the same with Note?

P.S: 4S costs considerably more ~ 39k for a factory unlocked piece. Would have bought this one but for the price, don't wanna spend more than 30k on a phone. Though 30k I believe is pretty high in itself!

This is sucha a windows vs Mac discussion! It's dead simple, if you are technologically inclined you will end up with the note (or an android), else the iphone.

Quick update, the S3 is rumored to have a quad core 1.8 Ghz processor, 2 gigs of RAM and a massive 4.8" screen.

I heard that the new Nokia WP7 phones need micro SIM's. Is that true ???

Yup, Nokia is slowly shifting to micro sim standards, first the nokia N9 then both the Lumia 800 and 710 need microsim cards.

Since when Abdroid started using Quads where it does not even use dual core to fullest

Not confirmed date about debut

Asus transformer prime is already selling with Quad core and just wait for another 20 days for announcements regarding quad cores on phones.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime-review/

Get a good smartphone now and wait till Q4 2012 for windows 8 based tablets from different manufacturers.

+1 to that!! Windows 8 will rewrite everything

"Smartphone" is the thing Im unable to finalize on! Still standing on the same pedestal from where I started.

Apart from calling and texting, what else do you foresee yourself doing with the "smartphone"? Have you used a custom ROM before?

Apart from calling and texting, what else do you foresee yourself doing with the "smartphone"? Have you used a custom ROM before?

Calling & msg. is going to be the main thrust area. Add to it Internet browsing, mails, Social media/forums, light games, little music, that's about it.

What's "custom ROM"?

Calling & msg. is going to be the main thrust area. Add to it Internet browsing, mails, Social media/forums, light games, little music, that's about it.

What's "custom ROM"?

Custom ROM is a ROM which is customized according to the users needs.

The custom ROM normally gives the user better functionality & customizing an ability which was earlier hidden from the user by the manufacturers due to some reasons of their own.

Hope it helps.
<

Custom ROM is a ROM which is customized according to the users needs.

The custom ROM normally gives the user better functionality & customizing an ability which was earlier hidden from the user by the manufacturers due to some reasons of their own.

Hope it helps.
<

And also void your warranty. I suggest you go in for the iphone4 or a phone that comes pre installed with Ice Cream Sandwich. The Galaxy nexus S is a pretty sweet phone.

And also void your warranty. I suggest you go in for the iphone4 or a phone that comes pre installed with Ice Cream Sandwich. The Galaxy nexus S is a pretty sweet phone.

You can unroot also for warranty purpose. In my knowledge, there are no handsets available in India with ICS till now, although many devices will be receiving the ICS update in few months now.

You can unroot also for warranty purpose. In my knowledge, there are no handsets available in India with ICS till now, although many devices will be receiving the ICS update in few months now.

Yup you are quite right. No ICS in India, but most of the newer phones should get it. The Nexus prime comes with ICS, bit I dont know if it has an official India launch.

Right again on the unrooting. Very simple to do so.

@teche, Why don't you wait for the Quad cores? Wait for March to come, i'm sure the MWC will have some surprises

Dude if you can hold your patience for 2-3 month you wont regret, as at the MWC 2012 (Starting from 27 feb) many quad-core phones are coming from LG, HTC and even Samsung will announce Galaxy S3 quad core soon after MWC , in this way you become futureproof for alteast 1-1.5 year
<

Back