Iphone4 Or Galaxy Note

teche

Adept
Friends help me decide between an iPhone4 or a Galaxy Note...

Both cost almost the same, iPhone4 gevy unlocked costs ~ 26k, factory unlocked ~30k. Note also comes 29k.

I already have iPhone 3gs, will retain it but this should not be a hinderance in the way of acquiring iphone4.

How's Note's user interface compared to iphone, does it function with the same ease, is it similarly refereshing, etc..?

iphones resale is great, how would Note's be?

Finally iphone is an iconic device, one really feels good owning the device, is it the same with Note?

P.S: 4S costs considerably more ~ 39k for a factory unlocked piece. Would have bought this one but for the price, don't wanna spend more than 30k on a phone. Though 30k I believe is pretty high in itself!

IMO Galaxy Note was not made with one hand operation in mind. Its a little out of hands kinda thing.

iPhones do not have the small niggling issues that Android has. Smooth polished UI and a kick ass display.. that itself should help you make your mind.

Only nagging thing with iPhone.. Remembering to upgrade the iOS and not the modem baseband to keep the unlock going
<

The note is a fantastic device. I too tried it at croma before buying it and was in 2 minds about the performance. I finally bought one and with the latest update it runs pretty smooth.

I like the whole customizability of the the OS so I am happy with android on the whole. To get the best out of iOS one needs to jailbreak IMHO and the performance and battery life suffer after that.

Size is a personal opinion. I don't see myself using a device with a smaller screen in the future. Certain things like usb OTG are now indispensable to me. The display is also super. Battery lasts me a day with heavy usage.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Very insightful posts friends, now things are becoming clearer after reading the above posts.

See I use my iPhone 3gs as a primary phone these days & 2nd sim goes into an old N82 I have. Was thinkiking of retiring N82, its battery is almost bust. Now the scenario can be:

1) If I buy NOTE, 3GS will continue to be my primary device & Note will complement it. On 2nd thoughts, 3gs itself is getting old enough, don't know how long will its battery last.

2) If I buy 4/4s, they would be the primary cell phone while 3gs will take a back seat.

3) Worst scenario(because of budget), dump 3gs in favour of 4/4s & also get a Note!

Thing about Note that amuses me is its great screen size & the portability it offers. Im fond of browsing web & also Moderate a forum, sometimes while not at home, Note can come in handy. Then I think, 4/4s can also do that job!

I tried the Note at Croma, yes people here are right when they say that it would look/feel odd while clinging to the ear or in the pocket but if you think out of the box for a while, its portability could have its own benifits. Another thing I noticed while scribbling with it was that it wasn't as smooth as the iphone, it was a little buggy, slow, had small hang ups, etc.

I think the most important point that has come up in the discussion is that there's not much fun going for iphone 4. So should we take that out of the equation & let it be NOTE vs 4S ?

update your iPhone 3GS to 5.1 if you haven't already, go for Galaxy Note if you liked it. But carrying two smartphones around is not going to be easy.

[font=arial, sans-serif][/font][font=arial, sans-serif]teche :[/font]

yes, you can use a micro sim adapter..

dunno much about iphone 4 gevey price..

fully unlocked ones are selling in the vicinity of 29-30k..

Thanks so much friends, I had bought a iphone 4 today, returned later because was not working fine.

My delimma still continues...Any other option outside these two?

I cannot update my 3gs to 5.0 because its on old baseband & 4.0 version. Not factory uncloked too.

It was loosing signals time & again. I need a phone for communication & if it does'nt fulfill the basic criteria, it better be not for me.

Guys is it worth spending 40k on 4s? I thought of saving some bucks on similar looking 4. New features like Siri don't work good here.

Well, actually your decision depends on a lot of things.

1) How much money have you invested in the iOS environment?
this really depends on whether you purchase apps or whether use cracked apps.

2) How drastic is the transition for you?

It all depends on how you use the device. If you use it for quite a lot of productive stuff, then you will feel lost in Android for a few days and if you are not patient enough you will end up selling the Note. I used the SGS2 for all my needs including controlling my laptop remotely. Now that i am using an iPhone, it does irk me that even the same apps work differently. So in the end, if you think you are patient enough to give time to the transition then, yes, you can buy the Note and it won't loose a lot of it's value for the first 2-3 months.After that it is a steep drop compared to the resale value of an iPhone.

If you are stopping yourself from buying a 4s because it costs 40k, then i can get you one for 35k. Check out my thread in the hot deals section.

Also, i have a 64GB on sale in the classifieds section and will soon be putting up a White 32GB factory unlocked 2 months old 4s for sale as well.

@Rdst, no not even a single penny invested in IOS!

What irks me in iphone 4/s is the use of micro-sim. I mean if you need to put in another phone, get a new sim!

If I finally decide on an iphone, I know who I need to contact now! Btw PM me your phone no.

Guys when is the S3 launching?

What irks me in iphone 4/s is the use of micro-sim. I mean if you need to put in another phone, get a new sim!

Nope. U just need an adapter which costs some 20-30 rs. I don't even use that, I didn't throw other part when I cut out the sim with cutter, I just slid it back in it & use
<

I use it in my mobile Nokia 1650 without any adapter.

Back