iPhones Are Not Designed To Operate In Indian Environment

Escalate through your service provider.
Get in touch with Apple over email and they are not bad.

It's third party repair center who create this non sense to extract money

Yes currently I'm contacting them over Twitter DM. If that doesn't works out, I'll try to contact them via Email.

@Neo-N Yes, I think some of your options are valid. But yes first I'm trying to convince apple. If there was any mistake from my side I'd not have raised my voice this much. But sorry I can't accept sweat getting over the port and catching sulpher a real problem of mine. Most of the Indian men's sweats a lot so does this means they are trying to say the iPhone is not for Indian Men? Even if I leave that out, I'm really unable to understand how the pin actually broke.

@RakaKaKaka Exactly my point. What's the guarantee that if I get a replacement by paying 24k and insure it by another 3.5k and then if again something happens after 3 months they won't say that "Sir this thing is not covered under warranty as well as insurance".

@Party Monger If I really can't get this fixed for few hundred bucks or replaced for free by Apple, I'm really not going to buy Apple device again. Really, 50k for a device and no support. Why shouldn't I get a 10k device and throw it away once it's done with it's lifetime then? Better offer isn't it?

@aKp1 Yes even I feel so. What's the point of having such warranty? Because most of the things are not covered under warranty sorry "Limited Warranty". So even if something happens to that 50k device later, I'd either way not be able to claim warranty due to their "Limited Warranty".

Yes my concern is, having a warranty seems not to matter for their "Limited Warranty", so if I'm not that lucky to manage a free replacement after speaking with apple, I think best is to get it done from local 3rd party repair shop. I do understand that doing this I'll void my warranty. But what's the point of having such Warranty which is "Limited" in every manner and I can't claim anything.

This is what like they told me...(I'll try to quote exactly as possible) "Apple provides "Limited Warranty" in India. Only manufacturing defects are covered which is valid upto 2 months from the date you buy iPhone. So if you have came earlier, we'd have considered it as a manufacturing defect. But now that 2months are over and you are saying it was working fine for 3 months and now it's not working we cannot consider it as a manufacturing defect. So you see if the PIN was not broken and your phone was still not getting charged that's covered under warranty, but now as the PIN is missing we consider it as a damage." I told them that I really didn't do anything and they can verify that if they can or have any scope to do that, but the instant reply was "It doesn't matter, whether you did it or it happened automatically or by any x y z means, but ultimately it's a damage and damages are not covered under warranty".

And regarding the sulpher in lightning cable, they simply said "Be it because of moisture or humidity or you dipped the cable into water, it doesn't matter, if this cannot be covered under warranty we cannot do anything". This does mean that iDevices are not compatible to run in Indian environment. Does this mean I need to have AC in my home, own a AC Car to own an iDevice? So that it doesn't capture moisture when I go in or out of my AC work place?

It looks unlikely but i hope Apple helps you and also i am going to poke the elephant in the room here, who buys a phone on 1.5 years EMI like a car or bike? It does not make any sense to buy iphones costing 55-70k unless the person is earning lakhs per month or has family money. I can maybe understand if some naive, college going guy opts for such disastrous financial option but i expect better from grown ups and specially people on a tech forum.

Nowadays, the phones in the range of 7k-15k offer everything unlike 5 years back when anything less than 25k was a painful experience. The Mobile phone insurance companies are also the biggest scumbags who will make sure you are not able to claim much money from them in case of damage or theft. So, just buy a phone which you can easily replace in case of damage or theft.

Apart from shining a light on Apple service, this thread should also serve as a reminder to people about buying disposable products within one's reach and not to get into months or years into EMI for fragile, depreciating, disposable electronic products.

^ Their own money. They can do what ever they want :) fanboys in are there in both ios and addroid camps[DOUBLEPOST=1471101208][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol, they are all low quality crap with poor software and quality which is why they are cheaper.
Write more ignorant statements like these and no one in this tech forum will respect your opinion.

Yeah. never buy stuff beyond ones means on EMIs. Capitalism is designed to suck your soul in unnecessary stuff. Forget the apple issue, what if your 53k phone was stolen the week you bought it itself ? Always plan for every situation. Its not really a thing that apple phones are not designed for india, plenty of people use them without issues. Your piece developed one and apple did not provide you good cc which should help others in buying in future.

@krish - There are no guarentees anywhere , just think of all situations you can face and plan for all permutations and combinations. ANd yeah these phone insurances suck due to low regulation unlike car/bike insurance etc. Another Op3 guy here faced lotta issues due to OP slelected company denying him insurance

@adventureguy - well they do have lower standard of quality in both software as well as hardware quality compared to Apple and even Samsung.

I have a
lol, they are all low quality crap with poor software and quality which is why they are cheaper.

I have a Xiaomi Mi 3 which is 2+ years old. It has official Android 6. I've never faced any major issue due to software.

What's more? 5 months after purchasing, I had a battery bloat issue. Also, due to this it pressed and broke some part and I wasnt getting mobile signal. I sent the phone to service center and they promised to fix it in 10 days. On 5th day, they called me to collect the phone with both the parts replaced without any fuss at all.

Today, we have one mi4, 2 redmi note 3 and 1 mi pad along with 2 xioami power banks in my family.

They might be cheaper due to other reasons but low quality crap with bad software aint it.

I have a

I have a Xiaomi Mi 3 which is 2+ years old. It has official Android 6. I've never faced any major issue due to software.

What's more? 5 months after purchasing, I had a battery bloat issue. Also, due to this it pressed and broke some part and I wasnt getting mobile signal. I sent the phone to service center and they promised to fix it in 10 days. On 5th day, they called me to collect the phone with both the parts replaced without any fuss at all.

Today, we have one mi4, 2 redmi note 3 and 1 mi pad along with 2 xioami power banks in my family.

They might be cheaper due to other reasons but low quality crap with bad software aint it.
Agree, i have good experience with Xiaomi service center.

Had got the phone thinking if it conks off will just bin it. When the screen conked off, I kept it like that for a few months till i got time to go there. I dropped it there without the hope of seeing it ever again, but 15 days later they called me and asked me to pick it up. They had changed screen and top glass. (maybe it comes together.)

Was pretty happy with the service. And this incident with Apple is totally shiz. Like you purchase a phone with such a huge premium and they eff you over small things during service? If i bought that expensive a phone id expect them to bloody come to my home and replace it even if i smashed it during use. Like what else is a 50k phone good for?

And Apple used to be that good. People had over the counter replacements of their iPhones and Macbooks. Now it seems they have Indianized their service. American prices, Indian quality service? No thanks. And I own an iPad and a Macbook. Wonder what happens when shit goes down with them :O

Stop feeding the troll. He has a watch from a branded company that never gets spoilt and has iWear feature

EDIT : i - Invisible feature and does not work with red light :p

Last edited:
Stop feeding the troll. He has a watch from a branded company that never gets spoilt and has iWear feature :p
comeon man, if someone tells his family experience of particular devices so can i. People should not be personally offended if someone points a negative thing about their possessed brands. In india people generally defend their brands owned as they feel someone pointing a flaw is pointing a finger at their choices in purchasing and calling them wrong which is not the case. And i don't really wear watches, just 1 fitness band from MI.

Battery bloat in 5 months shows it had bad quality. You only proving my point. Thanks

Of all the things in the post, you only picked that?

In any case, there are also incidences of iPhones going bad within a year so going by your logic even Apple makes low quality phones which are crap. :p

@adventureguy - well they do have lower standard of quality in both software as well as hardware quality compared to Apple and even Samsung.
oh. really? iOS can't do half the stuff I do in my android. I hate it. But my sister sure loves it for its simplicity. I get that. Different strokes for different people

Battery bloat in 5 months shows it had bad quality. You only proving my point. Thanks
You're talking as if apple doesn't have any defects and crank out millions of iphones without any defects. Remember case cracking of iphone3g or overheating of 3gs? remember antennagate of iphone 4? or the purple haze photos of iphone 5? remember bendgate?

any person with knowledge of Six sigma process in manufacturing will know that its impossible to ensure 100% defectless manufacturing process. Any smartphone company in the world WILL have sold defective pieces. What matters is how it handles the warranty process. Apple doesn't provide a good warranty service in India while demanding more than US prices for its smartphones. But people like you will blindly follow them. I don't have any problem with what you follow or not but what pisses me off is people like you make other tech illiterate people like my dad think that iphone is literally a gift sent from the god himself.[DOUBLEPOST=1471154091][/DOUBLEPOST]
My friends iphone went kaput in 5 months. So by following your logic, "I hate apple and it's a low quality smartphone and I will never buy iphone again!!" See how ignorant it sounds?

Let's not judge somebody's decision to buy a phone which is probably beyond his/her means as an outright purchase. Its a matter of personal choice for people.

Its like telling people not to get tattoos or to keep beards! I don't think there is any lesson to be learnt here. There is no right price for happiness! If buying a 50k phone makes you happy and the worry of not having enough money to feed yourself full meals everyday doesn't bother you, it's worth it.

NOW, coming back to the topic, try using a ear swab and some deodorant (alcohol based so that it dries up completely once done) to try and clean the port. See if it helps.

Don't take things literally :rolleyes: The %age of defective apple and samsung stuff is much lower than the leco, oppo,vivo , mi, op kinda devices. If you Ios cant do 50% of the stuff you do on android then your android usage is not normal and is probably in the under 1% of userbase. You are just a outlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1471156838][/DOUBLEPOST]
the worry of not having enough money to feed yourself full meals everyday doesn't bother you, it's worth it.
:D:D

Don't take things literally :rolleyes: The %age of defective apple and samsung stuff is much lower than the leco, oppo,vivo , mi, op kinda devices. If you Ios cant do 50% of the stuff you do on android then your android usage is not normal and is probably in the under 1% of userbase. You are just a outlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1471156838][/DOUBLEPOST] :D:D

^ Its not about the % of defective products. Its what happens once a defective product is brought to service that matters. If a 5k Mircomax doesn't get good service, I am OK with it (though irritated). If a 50k iPhone doesn't get good service, I will be damn pissed!

As for how normal and supernormal usage is defined, I use my phone just for calls, messaging, email, whatsapp and Uber/Ola booking. I used to do the same with my Android and i do the same with my Apple! For me that's normal usage. :)

How about using Wireless charging to charge the phone? It would be much cheaper and easier. I'm not sure if Apple has its own certified wireless plates, etc but there could be third party items to do the job.

The risks? It might void your warranty or damage the battery. What do the others think?

Don't take things literally :rolleyes: The %age of defective apple and samsung stuff is much lower than the leco, oppo,vivo , mi, op kinda devices. If you Ios cant do 50% of the stuff you do on android then your android usage is not normal and is probably in the under 1% of userbase. You are just a outlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1471156838][/DOUBLEPOST] :D:D
Can you quote your source where the percentage of defective Apple and Samsung stuff is much lower than the Leco, Oppo,Vivo,Mi,Op kinda devices.

If you are not getting help from Apple get the jack replaced with a local fellow and sell it in olx or some thing and get a MI5 or one plus3 you will have a nice phone and money left to payback the EMI of iphone. With MI 5 you can purchase MI protect for 1200 which will give additional coverage for accidental / liquid damages , they will repair it even if you accidentally sat on the screen and damages it, with one plus they give the protection plan as an offer .

Can you quote your source where the percentage of defective Apple and Samsung stuff is much lower than the Leco, Oppo,Vivo,Mi,Op kinda devices.
I did not save the link but it was similar source that others here are quoting to say Apple/Sammy has same quality as those leco/oppo type phones

Back