iPhones Are Not Designed To Operate In Indian Environment

I did not save the link but it was similar source that others here are quoting to say Apple/Sammy has same quality as those leco/oppo type phones
Others are speaking from experience. This is a tech site so please just don't put across comments as facts which are just your opinions.
There are a few members over here including me, who have used nearly all the noteworthy phones available over the past 5-6 years. I have never had a phone fail on me but that was probably because I rarely kept a phone for more than 3 months. The longest I have held on to a phone was the Note 2 for 6 months and then the OPO for more than a year. I have now moved to Redmi Note 3.

Never went back to iPhones and Samsung because they had become prohibitively expensive in India and even importing them had become a headache. Usage wise I only find them better to be in the camera department and that's it. The OPO was super fast and even the Redmi Note 3 is plenty fast.

As for cameras, all the Samsung and iPhone offerings fail at what I have in the Nokia department. I have working condition, N8, 808, 1020 and 1520. All of them are in perfect working condition as well. The N8 is 6 years old now and has returned to me after serving a couple of family members. Same goes for 808.

After owning all these phones, I can definitely say that the cheaper phones of today are at par with the expensive options. I also have many friends abroad (non-Indians) who are now turning to these options from Xiaomi, OP, OPPO and Huawei because even despite having the bucks to splurge, they'd rather buy the cheaper phones because all the expensive options are definitely not worth double the cheaper ones. These guys don't even get warranty as they have to usually import the Xiaomi and OPPO offerings. However they are more than happy to do the same as they also haven't usually faced issues with their phones and they also keep changing phones every 2-3 months.

even i am speaking from experience only :rolleyes:
Why do feel the need to keep lying when people don't agree with your POV. In your comment which I have quoted above you said that you have read it in an article. While everyone else has been quoting their own experiences, you just go on harping about your opinions.
I have no problems with trolling as one can't always talk about technology, but why can't you keep it in the relevant GT or Off-Topic threads. I myself used to be very active in OT thread at XDA and have made many good friends over there.

Well let me make it clearer i have used these phones and also read about other peoples experiences including here. Both have proven to me these are just not as good.

^ Its not about the % of defective products. Its what happens once a defective product is brought to service that matters. If a 5k Mircomax doesn't get good service, I am OK with it (though irritated). If a 50k iPhone doesn't get good service, I will be damn pissed!

As for how normal and supernormal usage is defined, I use my phone just for calls, messaging, email, whatsapp and Uber/Ola booking. I used to do the same with my Android and i do the same with my Apple! For me that's normal usage. :)
Its ok. no use trying to have discussion with people pulling facts out of their behind. Just leave him be. if he wants to continue with apple, let him[DOUBLEPOST=1471256623][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't take things literally :rolleyes: The %age of defective apple and samsung stuff is much lower than the leco, oppo,vivo , mi, op kinda devices. If you Ios cant do 50% of the stuff you do on android then your android usage is not normal and is probably in the under 1% of userbase. You are just a outlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1471156838][/DOUBLEPOST] :D:D
again, any source to back up that claim?

After owning all these phones, I can definitely say that the cheaper phones of today are at par with the expensive options. I also have many friends abroad (non-Indians) who are now turning to these options from Xiaomi, OP, OPPO and Huawei because even despite having the bucks to splurge, they'd rather buy the cheaper phones because all the expensive options are definitely not worth double the cheaper ones. These guys don't even get warranty as they have to usually import the Xiaomi and OPPO offerings. However they are more than happy to do the same as they also haven't usually faced issues with their phones and they also keep changing phones every 2-3 months.
iphone 6, 6s and galaxy s7 definitely have good cameras compared to cheaper xiaomi ones. Thats a fact. But not by that much.

Its ok. no use trying to have discussion with people pulling facts out of their behind. Just leave him be. if he wants to continue with apple, let him[DOUBLEPOST=1471256623][/DOUBLEPOST]
again, any source to back up that claim?
Me and my experience and others that i have come across.

You- " Apple doesn't provide a good warranty service in India". Whose behind did you pull your statement out of ? any source ?

^So you personally know how many defective pieces are being returned to apple and all the other phone companies? wow. you should work at some pretty good research firm.

^So you personally know how many defective pieces are being returned to apple and all the other phone companies? wow. you should work at some pretty good research firm.
You did not answer my query regarding your apple warranty service facts though :rolleyes: Nowhere have i said i know how many defective pieces are being returned, you are imagining too much or having some comprehension issues.

You did not answer my query regarding your apple warranty service facts though :rolleyes: Nowhere have i said i know how many defective pieces are being returned, you are imagining too much or having some comprehension issues.
Don't take things literally :rolleyes: The %age of defective apple and samsung stuff is much lower than the leco, oppo,vivo , mi, op kinda devices. If you Ios cant do 50% of the stuff you do on android then your android usage is not normal and is probably in the under 1% of userbase. You are just a outlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1471156838][/DOUBLEPOST] :D:D
You just said this last page?

coming to apple warranty claims, why not look elsewhere? look at first post of this thread. Apple charging more than first world prices while providing none of the benefits like full apple store buying experience and warranty policy is plain crap.Also, god forbid if you break a screen or anything on your iphone out of warranty. They don't even repair that component. They just ask you to pay 24k and get a new refurbished iphone from their store. but you don't seem to mind. please dude, continue paying 50k for that phone if you like so. but don't go on spewing false facts on tech forums. People will point you out

That refereed to people i know and have seen using those products, not the entire warranty statistics of different companies. There is a difference which you don't seem to understand. As for the full apple store buying experience check the FDI laws in india first. My cousin just recently had net connectivity issue on his iphone 6 and in under 7 days he got a new phone replacement. Most apple users are happy with their products and few ever have to even experience warranty. You just sound so bitter, lol.

@drkrack FK didn't provided me a faulty cable. Everything was fine till now, but suddenly it caught sulphur (the green marks) which I'm not sure how it caught that.

@Sanav3 @rdst_1 @zibalingz @vivek.krishnan Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I'll try to escalate this issue to Apple India and Apple US after going through some other service centers to try out my luck.

If it doesn't works out then I'll definitely get it fixed from local mobile repair shop.
There are two options if you are able to somehow switch on the phone
You can use exchange options
1. Quickr Exchange gives 25k for device which is screen intact and working when you purchase any new device
2. Flipkart gives 19k for the exchange offers and buying a new iphone
Both offers differ with pincode anyway. Hope this helps.

There are two options if you are able to somehow switch on the phone
You can use exchange options
1. Quickr Exchange gives 25k for device which is screen intact and working when you purchase any new device
2. Flipkart gives 19k for the exchange offers and buying a new iphone
Both offers differ with pincode anyway. Hope this helps.
But phone is not in working state so Quikr won't give 25k. IIRC quikr sends a guy to check the condition of phone before giving "Quikr Inspected" tag

@vivek.krishnan Well nothing yet, due to this long holiday may be, I didn't got any response from Apple (via Email & Twitter both)

In the meantime, I checked with my local repairwala, he said it'd cost 1500/- as the strip comes with charging port, mic and some other parts. So he have to replace the whole stripe. Still not sure what to do. Except the charging thing the phone is perfectly fine, and now giving it to a local person, what if he ends up making it a defective piece which I even won't be able to exchange or sell.

@drkrack I don't think those options are available to me, as FK guy will check the phone in working condition. But now that I can't charge the phone, I had only 2% charge so I switched it off. Now it won't even turn on with that much battery left. But yes if I could charge it somehow, I can turn it on and show him.

@vivek.krishnan
In the meantime, I checked with my local repairwala, he said it'd cost 1500/- as the strip comes with charging port, mic and some other parts. So he have to replace the whole stripe. Still not sure what to do. Except the charging thing the phone is perfectly fine, and now giving it to a local person, what if he ends up making it a defective piece which I even won't be able to exchange or sell.
If you're concerned, you can ask him to repair the phone in front of you. And generally these iphone repair guys are competent

@vivek.krishnan Well nothing yet, due to this long holiday may be, I didn't got any response from Apple (via Email & Twitter both)

@drkrack I don't think those options are available to me, as FK guy will check the phone in working condition. But now that I can't charge the phone, I had only 2% charge so I switched it off. Now it won't even turn on with that much battery left. But yes if I could charge it somehow, I can turn it on and show him.
If the interaction with Apple doesn't work out, repair it locally and use it. If you don't get any issues its well and good.
If you get some issues ;
1. Take it back to another Apple service centre, (preferably through a person Known to your contacts if possible)
If they again deny repairs figuring 3rd party repairs ;
2. Try exchanging with FK or Quickr offers. (hopefully you'll not buy iPhone again [emoji23])

But phone is not in working state so Quikr won't give 25k. IIRC quikr sends a guy to check the condition of phone before giving "Quikr Inspected" tag
I mentioned that, if you could switch it on somehow (including repairs from local guys) ...

Quickr inspected is different from Quickr exchange for new, they just want screen and device to be intact (without cracks), Working touch screen & camera - they exchange it with new phone simultaneously. Hardly any kind of evaluation can be done in <5 minutes of time they spend , I have witnessed it recently.
Same is the case with FK inspection.
Heck, they don't even want charger, earphones, data cable or box to be given.
(My local mobile shop guys check lot many things, like network, charging, micro sdcard reading etc.)

If you are happy with the device then just get it repaired. iPhones are quite easy to repair and you could even do it yourself. A seasoned technician will be able to do it in his sleep.
One of my friend's iPhone 6 charging port had also gotten damaged. Luckily from him, he had bought it from me for just 26k during my selling days. I got it repaired for him from one of my trusted repair guys and the phone has been working great. I have personally changed many screens, home buttons, batteries etc and until there is soldering involved, any decent technician can take care of this issue for you.
I request people to stop suggesting exchanging this phone as that is morally and ethically wrong when the OP knows the phone has issues. This is something totally against the way people at this forum do deals.

If you are happy with the device then just get it repaired. iPhones are quite easy to repair and you could even do it yourself. A seasoned technician will be able to do it in his sleep.
One of my friend's iPhone 6 charging port had also gotten damaged. Luckily from him, he had bought it from me for just 26k during my selling days. I got it repaired for him from one of my trusted repair guys and the phone has been working great. I have personally changed many screens, home buttons, batteries etc and until there is soldering involved, any decent technician can take care of this issue for you.
I request people to stop suggesting exchanging this phone as that is morally and ethically wrong when the OP knows the phone has issues. This is something totally against the way people at this forum do deals.

I just wish people with at least half the conscience as yours be the heads of such premium mobile service centers, so that we won't have such problems in the first place. let's be practical, we are just playing by the rules (Something like legally Saving Tax instead of tax evasion IMHO). More ever I am clearly in favor of exchanging it instead of selling it to an in-experienced buyer on TE, OLX or Quickr !

Relax, we are not cheating anyone here , we don't really know what Quickr will do to with such phones ? It might sell them back to Apple - only to be sold back to us by Apple as Apple certified Refurbished iPhones ??
Quickr@24k and FK @ 19k is paying much less than Cashify (Reglobe) @ 29k !! (Inspite of honestly mentioning to Cashify checklist that phone has problems with charging port !!).
So quickr is making 5k & FK is making 9k by just cutting a deal with Cashify for your phone . (quote is for iPhone 6s 64GB under warranty, with charging defect)

Reglobe iphone.jpg

I rest my case here, 1. Tackle Apple directly> 2. Repair Locally>3. Not Upto the Mark > 4. Exchange !

Recently I found one of my earlier Smartphones Nokia 6630 while searching the Old Trunk for something else, I had paid Twice my months' salary to buy it then.. I can understand the pain OP is going through. I hope for amicable solution from Apple anyway.

Back