Is Chivalry Dead?

Went for Avengers movie yesterday. Typical Indian Experience:

I sat in an audi which had no isle. So a small hall it was. Was sitting 4th row from front and only consolation was that prolly the seats will be empty around me. Then came the bozos, the late comers.
A couple of guys entered, one of them looking like Jr Hulk, brown colored.. and his pal wore a kurta with a 'gamcha'. Worst fears came out to be true when the gamcha guy didnt had any knowledge about the superheroes and was english challenged. Okay.. some murmurs will be there i thought.
But the brown hulk had already seen the movie and was there to be his translator and alert sounding guy: 'Ye scene dekhna' 'Ye wala mast hai' I was like okay.. this is getting bad. The row had surprisingly got filled up too.
Then the people sitting on the other side, again a set of 2 frnds.. 'Jay kaun si model hai' , 'Wo hara wala marega?'

I thought okay.. 60 bucks will get u such people. Then the brown hulk gets up, returns with 3 cans or red bull. Gulps down 2 and then starts burping. After a few mins, he pulls out his blackberry n starts texting.
All this happened during the boring first few mins so i got lucky.. as i got up during the stark vs cap'n america, and moved myself to the empty 2nd row from the front. Saw the rest of the movie in peace.

Jammers might not be an option, but why dont we have seats with buttons to call up the stewards?

Oh man. I thought I was watching the movie when I read your post.

I went to watch Avengers after 2-3 weeks of release. I bought the tickets in advance, being worried cause 3D gives me major head aches. Luckily DT cinemas have those expensive 3D spectacles and not the sh** which PVR gives. Movie starts..I am engrossed. 20 minutes lates, 3-4 men come and sit behind me. I hear their MC/BC first and then they sit. Without looking at them, I could tell these are NRI Sardars from Canada. Like your case, one had seen the movie, so 15 seconds before a good scene, I knew what was about to come up -cause- one sardar without a patka, but a cap, would tell it to his bro. fu***** pissing off. To make it worst, one a**-hole stretched out and kept hitting my chair, like 3-4 times every 30 seconds. I turned back, and told him off to please mind his feet. He just shrugged his shoulders and made a face, but still continued to pester me.

Post interval:
1. It was confirmed they were NRI sardars.
2. I moved 2 rows down.

End of movie:
I looked at the vacant seats of the group which were behind me, in the first half. They had thrown those expensive 3D goggles on the floor and walked off.

Well, i hadnt mentioned one detail.. which you filled up.. :)

After shifting to the second row, i felt my seat sliding into comfy position even when i hadnt made any effort. I was like fine.. i hadnt slid to the fullest.. so i didnt bothered. taking it as serendipity. Then after 2 mins, i feel somebody's feet hitting the seat. It was then that i realized that what had happened previously as well. I angrily looked back and the guy apologized. So a bit lucky but yea.. Deja vu all the way eh?

Too bad we didn watched the movie together as a lil pujabi goes a long way in solving/getting you out of sticky situation. Feel sorry about your experience buddy. Some people will never be civilized.

i stopped going to movies years back, due to chimps like these, and also due to movie theaters blasting the people with loud sound. my ears couldn't cope with the noise levels in the halls.
movie theaters or any public place you go, i've seen indian people behave in a very uncivilized manner. they jump and make monkey faces if they know they're on tv (like seen in ipl matches). in buses, trains, or walking down the street, you'll find something disgusting. like people spitting from a car, or spitting on the road, farting, coughing on other's face. the list is endless.
sad fact is people like these are in majority all over the place.

^^ True that, these days in the name of Dolby sound, the volume levels are so high that someone might bleed their ears off.. after coming out, my head is like they show in tom-and-jerry frying pan hitting sequence.
To avoid all this BS, I went and booked those sofa kind seats in the last row(This was when I went to watch Don2 in cinemax), man what comfort!! :) really enjoyed the first half. Now, the second half was pretty boring so couple sitting next to me started trying Murder-1 and murder-2 then and there and I was like What the...!!
Now saving money so buy a HT and a 42" TV :)

i stopped going to movies years back, due to chimps like these, and also due to movie theaters blasting the people with loud sound. my ears couldn't cope with the noise levels in the halls.
movie theaters or any public place you go, i've seen indian people behave in a very uncivilized manner. they jump and make monkey faces if they know they're on tv (like seen in ipl matches). in buses, trains, or walking down the street, you'll find something disgusting. like people spitting from a car, or spitting on the road, farting, coughing on other's face. the list is endless.
sad fact is people like these are in majority all over the place.

The whole practice of buying online tickets, reaching early, buying food, being seated and comfortable gets spoilt by the lame public. And the tickets are not cheap on weekends. I really do not get it, HOW people can sit (even if 6'+) in height, and keep knocking the front persons back rest. I usually get the most expensive tickets to avoid this crap, but that time for Avengers they had run out.

Back