Is Infy a good place only for freshers?

i have read the discussion and here my points.

for fresher who wants to go for higher studies then it is good,u will get to know the intense of training(ofcourse no use afterwards in outfy:p).

But my advice is if u want to do something (in terms of technical stuff) or from electronics background then stay away.u can't use this as launch pad unless u have hell lot of luck. since the project u get is completely out of luck and also the technology too.

The situation will comes like for a 3 year exp guy will get some 30-40k(max) more than a fresher.:mad:. so no value for experienced folks who started their career in infy. its like they take outsiders with more salary and better job position rather than insider who is loyal to the company.

Also the crr and crappy policies makes things worse.

dont go for fancy buildings and brand images in news. they are all illusions.

may be all service sector companies are like this but outfy is not exception.

as far as laterals are concerned after manager role its is better and also good. only managerial activities and less technical work.

for consultants only sap people can come others pl don't.

cri_sss said:
The situation will comes like for a 3 year exp guy will get some 30-40k(max) more than a fresher.:mad:. so no value for experienced folks who started their career in infy. its like they take outsiders with more salary and better job position rather than insider who is loyal to the company.

With you buddy....4.5 years and still here..

whatsinaname said:
What pay packages do they offer for freshers through campus placements? I know that the package depends on the college/student, but do you have a general idea of the range? Also, what they reveal during placements would be CTC, correct? Realistically, what can a fresher expect to take home per month?

3.25 lpa...in my college....generally everywhere in bangalore

eggman said:
3.25 lpa...in my college....generally everywhere in bangalore

you will get that amount after 8 months of training, x months of bench, till you are allocated to a unit, where x is an unknown, and 1 year confirmation period after this allocation is done.

Is it? My friend's friend joined infy last to last year, and although he was benched for few months, but he was getting salary during and after the Training, even when he was benched!!!

My Sis just recently joined Infy. She was at Satyam initially, then moved to Wipro when her project moved there after the Satyam Fiasco and now got offers from CTS and Infy. She chose to join Infy over CTS.

eggman said:
oh ......now it seems that its not good even for freshers!!!!!!!!lol

Its 2.7lac during training, which can extend from 4 to even 8 months.

and from what I have heard, their campus is nothing short of a prison, back to residential school kind of thing after college.:D

My question stands people: TCS or infy or Accenture for a fresher?

sadly no electronics core company hire from anything lesser than an IIT.:\

p.s. I really dint like how infy conducted the recruitment at my college, there were just 2 peeps from infy, rest were all 'Thomas associates' people, which are hired to hire I spose.And then after the names of students who were selected was announced, the HR person from infy gave a speech kind if thingy which was reeking of super superiority complex, ffs, he mentioned that people who were not selected can apply to MS\google(I dunno what the **** was that supposed to mean), i can't recall what he said exactly.

Yours truly wasn't selected ofc even after scoring highest marks in the lame written test apparently because I told him(the HR interviewer) my CAT went fine.

^^Nah dude!! ITs 16 weeks minimum, the training!!!

Ravi_D said:
Yours truly wasn't selected ofc even after scoring highest marks in the lame written test apparently because I told him(the HR interviewer) my CAT went fine.

Lol........why did you say so???

Ofcourse they wont take you if thats the case!!

eggman said:
Lol........why did you say so???

Ofcourse they wont take you if thats the case!!

lol, its almost amusing(except the result).

he asked me if I wanted to do MBA\M.Tech.I told him I wnated to do MBA after 2-3 years of experience(I specifically added that) and then he asked me how was CAT, and I said it went fine except that I gave it on 1st dya itself, so dunno about results.Then he ,trying to act smart, told me that I can retest, I told him my test went fine so I can't retest, but he said everybody can apply for retesting.That was it, I asked him to check again and its not the case.He was visibly not happy by then and so was I.And there was also some problems with their written test so when he asked me about written test, I asked him politely to look into some problems(I even mentioned the question numbers) if they are planning to use the same test somewhere else, he was pissed.:\(they only rejected 6-7 students out of around 125, and I was one of them so you can imagine how pissed he was).

end of the story, in about a 20 minute interview, I cudn't lie where I should have.A tip to all the peeps who are yet to appear for infy interview:just tell them you want to do this job and this job only and nothing else.They are all hiring laborers and not engineers as somebody else mentioned.

They recruited about 110 students that comes at about Rs3.8 crore an year in salary alone and there were just 2 people from infy, this shows how much infy cares about who they are hiring.Pathetic.

//rant

There are two types of training, one normal and one extended. I suppose extended one is like 7-8 months and then after that 1 more year for confirmation. This was not the case before. Confirmation 1 year started right from the day you joined the company.

Ravi_D said:
.A tip to all the peeps who are yet to appear for infy interview:just tell them you want to do this job and this job only and nothing else.They are all hiring laborers and not engineers as somebody else mentioned.

+1 and +1

10 Ch@r

Ravi_D said:
lol, its almost amusing(except the result).

They recruited about 110 students that comes at about Rs3.8 crore an year in salary alone and there were just 2 people from infy, this shows how much infy cares about who they are hiring.Pathetic.

//rant

frankly infy wants horses but they give donkey work, and engg end up mules.

and ravi u r lucky otherwise u r aspiration will be lost. and all the best for u cat things.

but in my case during my interview i told frankly and then given me job. things have changed a lot now.

also people who think training in mysore is good,its a hi-tech jail.

Whoa, I am glad I didn't write Infosys during my placements :)

How are the hikes in infy? I heard you get 20+% hikes.. If that were true, I don't understand why so many would be complaining of low salary :S

sri_rng said:
Whoa, I am glad I didn't write Infosys during my placements :)

How are the hikes in infy? I heard you get 20+% hikes.. If that were true, I don't understand why so many would be complaining of low salary :S

Hikes = JOKE :mad::mad:

All things printed in newspapers is all Bull$hit. All hikes whether 1% or 20% is all in variable pay which means you do not get anything at the end of month. Hike or no hike, salary slip looks the same since ages. :mad:

sabby said:
WOW !! so many TE-guys at Infy. WHy don't you arrange a TE-Infoscions meet. :p

Yeah i am in......
Btw ur location is Kolkata....You in BBSR DC ?

Back