Is Jio Throttling 4G Speed to push 5G !!! ???

maybe even DNS

ezgif-1-5a872f1b84.gif

I got Jio 4G working again with 1.1.1.1's app, both the warp vpn and just plain dns.

Last edited:
anyway what will be the case with Jio, I'm not going to upgrade for 5G UNNECESSARILY and increase my monthly internet budget just DOUBLE, will prefer to move to any available 4G service provider and if not than Rs.500/- (50Mbps/100GB Monthly) local broadband package will be good enough.

funny thing - it took me around 45 minutes to install the ~62MB My Jio app on my phone. i wanted to troubleshoot my slow internet in their app. So, after al that wait for it to download and login and check settings, it gave me the message that my phone signal is good and internet download speed is low because everyone is streaming videos or downloading stuff (its own words). And kicker resolution it gave me was to move to another area or wait for internet speed to increase again and then use it. Like as if there is guarantee that moving to another area could solve internet problems. I think Jio gave up on increasing internet speed on their platform. They should stop giving free 5g now since no one with such slow internet can utilize even the daily 2.5GB quota.

They probably have allocated a significant portion of the bandwidth for Airfiber/5g as 4g subscription has almost saturated, and 5g/Airfiber take more precedence as the halo product.

Today again noticed same issue with Jio with WiFi Device and in Mobile handset also, ZERO NETWORK for 1-2 hours (no call - no data connection), even when network bar return back and show full strength STILL no call connection and no internet connection

change apn Bearer settings from undefined to LTE, NR (select both) and top right save the apn setting. You will get good speed without vpn. Got from 100/200kbps - 1.5/2.5Mbps

change apn Bearer settings from undefined to LTE, NR (select both) and top right save the apn setting. You will get good speed without vpn. Got from 100/200kbps - 1.5/2.5Mbps
while using app with Desktop, got message that "Disconnected - Your DNS Queries are Not private" , what is it and how to solve the issue for good speed?

Last edited:
I have a theory.

The public facing side of Jio's network could be open for all (4G and 5G) and there's seperation on their backend where 4G devices are given different DNS servers than 5G devices. By default the connection is not throttled — but by tracking DNS queries, devices can be put on a throttled list. Of course something like this has to be done without any permanence, so that the sales person can show the difference between 4G and 5G to prospective customers. And so something as simple as changing DNS can undo Jio's throttling.

Whoever came up with this idea probably thought they were being very clever but instead they ended up making a pulao without any mattar.

while using app with Desktop, to message that "Disconnected - Your DNS Queries are Not private" , what is it and how to solve the issue for good speed?

Try connecting?

I think they are using SNi or DPI filtering to throttle devices with high data usage. I had bought 222 plan and had 50GB data on my plan along with 2.5Gb daily data limit and my plan is expiring in Jan 1st or 2nd and they were throttling me. No amount of dns change or doing anything works. Entire day from 8am to 1am at night, the speeds are around 100-200kbps. From last week i cant even browse inside apps like amazon or fk or browser to even read news because nothing will load. Even google search results dont load completely. On Sunday around 7am I got opportunity to download 7-8GB in morning and yesterday, i had kept laptop on the entire night and got only 14GB downloaded before speeds went back to 5KBps.

This is just cheating on their part imo. Unused data balance is not carried forward, they are throttling customers after selling data packs and they dont respond to emails or anything. Their online chat AI is a turd that asks the same questions again and again and goes in circles or tries to change the topic. Jio is like a Chinese housing company. Shows big dreams, takes money and gives you nothing in return. Funny thing is, during the recent telecom or IT convention, they were talking about satellite or 6G internet. If 4G, 5G is like this, imagine 6G. They will promise us 500TB internet speed but won't allow you to download anything on it. Govt and TRAI is asleep as usual since they already made money from selling off the spectrum and dont care about customers. Just 3-4 telecom companies with same network conditions.

I think they are using SNi or DPI filtering to throttle devices with high data usage. I had bought 222 plan and had 50GB data on my plan along with 2.5Gb daily data limit and my plan is expiring in Jan 1st or 2nd and they were throttling me. No amount of dns change or doing anything works. Entire day from 8am to 1am at night, the speeds are around 100-200kbps. From last week i cant even browse inside apps like amazon or fk or browser to even read news because nothing will load. Even google search results dont load completely. On Sunday around 7am I got opportunity to download 7-8GB in morning and yesterday, i had kept laptop on the entire night and got only 14GB downloaded before speeds went back to 5KBps.

This is just cheating on their part imo. Unused data balance is not carried forward, they are throttling customers after selling data packs and they dont respond to emails or anything. Their online chat AI is a turd that asks the same questions again and again and goes in circles or tries to change the topic. Jio is like a Chinese housing company. Shows big dreams, takes money and gives you nothing in return. Funny thing is, during the recent telecom or IT convention, they were talking about satellite or 6G internet. If 4G, 5G is like this, imagine 6G. They will promise us 500TB internet speed but won't allow you to download anything on it. Govt and TRAI is asleep as usual since they already made money from selling off the spectrum and dont care about customers. Just 3-4 telecom companies with same network conditions.
I have just 3GB per day pack with no speed promise etc but just full speed.
Time for Amazon/Starlink etc. for some cheap net service offer in India.
No use to move with local broadband service providers as they too using service from Jio/Airtel and distribute same as Broadband

Back