Is mtnl landline broadband user facing this problem?

I just faced this not 10 minutes bck. for close to 30 minutes I was not able to anything.

I reset it a couple of times, now I am able to browse. However I still cant get in to 192.169.1.1. The default admin admin combo does not work.

Any idea what the problem is. I cant get in the admin page any more.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I did manage to read up and reset it properly. It does appear someone was pranking me.

I have any case, changed default password now.

arun687 said:
MTNL is crawling slow for me from the past 1 week. Every 10-15 mins, the data transfer stops for 5 mins or so, even though connection is established, really annoying. :mad:

Anyone else having problems?

and I thought I was the only one facing this issue. Webpage loading was super slow, download speeds were all over the place & YouTube buffering was screwed. It's back to normal now, however, I still face random disconnections.

It's been better for me since the last 2 days but still the data transfer stops randomly for 2-5 mins. It was almost unusable last week.

I am tired of this shite! going on since 2 weeks now. Nothing that streams is working on this ISP, Grooveshark, Youtube nothing!! Downloads although work properly, I tried switching DNS's from Google to Open thinking it is an DNS issue but still the same.

ok guys bumping this thread, i had the same issue on my sterllite sam 300+ router, last week wassnt able to login, i had to hold the reset key for 30 secs and reconfigure the router to get access, however, everything since then sorted but today something happening in the morning at about 10.30 and my speeds have gone half, called 1504, they say its something to do with some work at prabhadevi but at first they made me put in a complaint at 198 and crap.

dunno whats going on really but whatever it is, its shite

Anyone else facing constant disconnection issues since past 2 days? I'm slowly beginning to regret shifting to MTNL. Will India ever get proper broadband service?

hi

was getting 2mbps until yesterday morning but now am only getting 1mbps dunno whats happening 1504 seems to know nothing and they say speak to the area dgm

Same here.

Last night, my speeds dropped to 1mbps. And I've been experiencing mad disconnections ( even while maintaining a link ) for the past week or so. No idea what's happened.

Hi.

i too am a @a user and no i dont have disconnection issues but my speeds have been down to 1mbps from 2mbps, i called 1504 again and they inform me that i need to speak to my exchange which i called and they say register a complaint at 198 which too i did yesterday but to no effect, no calls from them nor has any1 turned up

vishalk said:
Hi.

i too am a @a user and no i dont have disconnection issues but my speeds have been down to 1mbps from 2mbps, i called 1504 again and they inform me that i need to speak to my exchange which i called and they say register a complaint at 198 which too i did yesterday but to no effect, no calls from them nor has any1 turned up
Its not about disconnection mate its about speed. From morning speed is slow...I did speed test but it is below 500Kbps from normal 2Mbps. How many are affected by slow speed??

@a user here as well, and yesterday my speeds dropped to 1 mbps (which is my connection speed btw, was getting double the speed since 10 months).

Back