Jio Gigafiber rollout

I don't see any difference.

I have a question for existing jio users.
Suppose you take both fiber and STB. For some reason you decide to return STB post the tria9l period i.e. 30 days. So how much money would be deducted from 2,500?
What if I return both STB and fiber after trial. Will they charge me 1000(fiber setup) and 1000(STB installation) finally deducting 2000 from 2500? Or only 1000 bucks flat irrespective of what you return.

Legacy plans updated finally. Everybody gets 3.2tb:

XinuYco.png

b1qsYa3.png

Guys if anyone is a hardcore torrenter here please provide your input on the torrenting speed etc. I know for a fact some ISPs like hathway etc. cap speeds a lot on torrents, I am guessing it will be the same with Jio as well? I use all sorts of torrents from public sites mainly, a lot of them have really low seeds being super big, super old and rare movies etc., so that's gonna be a problem? The guy is supposed to set up my connection tomorrow, if this is an issue then I am not gonna opt for it. Kindly suggest.

PS: I went back and search within this topic regarding torrents and vivek krishnan's posts caught my attention hmm.

Last edited:
Guys if anyone is a hardcore torrenter here please provide your input on the torrenting speed etc. I know for a fact some ISPs like hathway etc. cap speeds a lot on torrents, I am guessing it will be the same with Jio as well? I use all sorts of torrents from public sites mainly, a lot of them have really low seeds being super big, super old and rare movies etc., so that's gonna be a problem? The guy is supposed to set up my connection tomorrow, if this is an issue then I am not gonna opt for it. Kindly suggest.

PS: I went back and search within this topic regarding torrents and vivek krishnan's posts caught my attention hmm.

Since it's a free trial you could check it out for a month. Anyway your modem is dead. And make sure to ask for disconnection BEFORE 30 days if you dont want to keep it and want your money back.

Since it's a free trial you could check it out for a month. Anyway your modem is dead. And make sure to ask for disconnection BEFORE 30 days if you dont want to keep it and want your money back.
Understood. But as I don't trust anyone these days (and for foreseeable future as well) I am really doubtful whether they are not gonna pull any drama while refunding the SD.

Understood. But as I don't trust anyone these days (and for foreseeable future as well) I am really doubtful whether they are not gonna pull any drama while refunding the SD.
lol same here. with all the DPI and locked down everything i don't really plan to use jio. So even risking 1500 for a 'free' month is a bit much for me.
Post automatically merged:

Well that should stop me from dipping my toes into the world of Jio for the meanwhile
But their cheapest plan seems to be 799 before tax. compared to jio 399. for some single users a moderate speed (<50mbps) cheap plan is enough...

They are giving 399 plan with 40mbps but on VDSL connection.
Airtel is going back and forth on their plans. They seemed to have enabled unlimited plans only for existing users while new users still see plans with data caps. It seemed they removed it. Again they have not made this 399 plan available everywhere. Regional specific plans.
More clarity is awaited.

They are giving 399 plan with 40mbps but on VDSL connection.
Airtel is going back and forth on their plans. They seemed to have enabled unlimited plans only for existing users while new users still see plans with data caps. It seemed they removed it. Again they have not made this 399 plan available everywhere. Regional specific plans.
More clarity is awaited.
The new plans are on their website now. They've priced it at 499 instead of 399.

@skoka123 this is info got from another place..
6. XStream box its MANDATORY to have additional DTH connection and is handled by a separate DTH team. The broadband executive is only responsible for selling the Fibre connection. Xstream Box and DTH related connection details he asked to follow up with DTH team after taking his Fibre connection.

Back