Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are topping up then how is it zero balance???

999 works out to Rs. 16.65/day with about 1gb/day, just that it isn't counted daily. 499 costs Rs. 17.8/day but you get 2gb on a daily basis.
What I meant was that once the top up is done then it has zero money in it. You can't use your talk time money in data by mistake.

One query that's going unanswered, jio prime will not have night unlimited is confirmed but if I don't enroll in prime then can i continue using Night unlimited with that 149 plan ?

999 works out to Rs. 16.65/day with about 1gb/day, just that it isn't counted daily. 499 costs Rs. 17.8/day but you get 2gb on a daily basis.

My que here for 499 plan with JioPrime, If anyone not used the whole 2GB/Day is that balance available for later use within the valid period (which is 28 Days) ?

That's why I like the 999 prime plan too, not bullshit of "per day" quota (with no carryover), you can use the 60 GB data any time during the month. Scenario (in my case) is where you are working during the weekdays and not much home usage, but more usage/downloads during the weekends.

Has anyone been able to get Prime . Payment fails each time . Using website
Why worry.... still an entire month to go

Btw, most of the people are reporting failure only. Topping up jio money and recharging from it is turning out to be successful.

What I meant was that once the top up is done then it has zero money in it. You can't use your talk time money in data by mistake.

But you still have to do a recharge of 149/303 every month right?

One query that's going unanswered, jio prime will not have night unlimited is confirmed but if I don't enroll in prime then can i continue using Night unlimited with that 149 plan ?

Wtf! No 2am-5am unlimited if you subscribe to prime?

My que here for 499 plan with JioPrime, If anyone not used the whole 2GB/Day is that balance available for later use within the valid period (which is 28 Days) ?

I don't think you can carry over, your 1gb/2gb daily balance expiries every day, whether you use it or not.

That's why I like the 999 prime plan too, not bullshit of "per day" quota (with no carryover), you can use the 60 GB data any time during the month. Scenario (in my case) is where you are working during the weekdays and not much home usage, but more usage/downloads during the weekends.

But 999 only gives you 60gb for 2 months, whereas 499 gives you about 110gb, though not all at once.

Corporate ONLY

I had a word with the Jio chap who handles our Jio requirements - his office is near Marol Bus Depot, behind Tunga restaurant.

Firstly, they were planning to introduce FUP calling, but that was changed. He also mentioned that they have set some sort of quota for Prime, so once that is exhausted, they (Jio) will stop offering the same on prepaid. They have some target in mind. Plus, they have not started postpaid as of now, prepaid only.

He has suggested to opt for prepaid, as 303*13 (28GB*13) is cheaper than 303*12+15% ST (30GB*12). If opting for postpaid, then auto debit is must, and ebills only - no hard copies. He did not know about the 15% auto debit discount, which would effectively nullify the ST cost, which means either for now no card payments and/or they might introduce card payments in the future OR they have removed that discount.

The plans are same for JioFi and phones. There seems to be no tethering limits or charges, which I was worried about. The site states

1. The user device may be used as a personal hotspot connection (this is also known as tethering) for upto 1 device only at a time.

My entire company will be planning to migrate to Jio, most have a second personal Jio number. We would be putting all numbers on prime with those who get mobile allowance going for 303, while higher management on 499. I too am planning to convert my primary number (Airtel, Infinity 549) to prepaid if I cannot convert it to Jio as I now face the irritating all lines are busy message enough times while I do not face the same on Jio.

Additionally, one or more users have the employees referral, which states that they have free service till end of this year. Cannot verify this. Or they might be having a employee SIM?

Last edited:
Things i got to know & are official:

- No Free 2-5AM data. https://www.jio.com/support/en-in/f...t-data-be-available-to-jio-prime-members.html
- If you do not do minimum recharge of 149 every month, your Jio Prime offer will be deactivated https://www.jio.com/support/en-in/f...-end-if-stop-recharging-after-few-months.html
- Only 1 device allowed for tethering.
- No postpaid service as of now.
- No recharge for 90 days, forget your number. https://www.jio.com/support/en-in/faq/jio-prime/what-if-i-do-not-recharge-monthly.html

Read the Jio Faq: https://www.jio.com/support/en-in/selfhelp.html

Last edited:
Right, so that confirms no prime for me. Sticking to 149. Re-read the above and understood that Prime minimum recharge is 149. But there's no night unlimited so if the non-prime 149 has 2-5am then i won't go for prime.

And what's with this 1 device BS. Someone buys a friggin JioFi for ~2k to use one device? I can understand if it's unlimited. But it's not, it's 1GB/day FUP.

Jio fail.[DOUBLEPOST=1488392312][/DOUBLEPOST]Dude, Your statement is confusing, please reword it. I thought there's no minimum recharge of 149, only 303.[DOUBLEPOST=1488392446][/DOUBLEPOST]Where is the no 2-5am thing mentioned ?[DOUBLEPOST=1488393399][/DOUBLEPOST]It's funny but all these Jio plan modifications remind me of the govt/rbi demon changes. It's like they're desperate to make money and start ripping people off, but then realise if they push people too far, it will backfire badly. So they tone it down a notch. And come up with some other way to screw...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to confirm that non-Prime plans have night unlimited?

Why worry.... still an entire month to go

Btw, most of the people are reporting failure only. Topping up jio money and recharging from it is turning out to be successful.
Rightly Said, It's yet to reach platforms like PayTM, Mobikwik etc.

You can't.

Right, so that confirms no prime for me. Sticking to 149. Re-read the above and understood that Prime minimum recharge is 149. But there's no night unlimited so if the non-prime 149 has 2-5am then i won't go for prime.

And what's with this 1 device BS. Someone buys a friggin JioFi for ~2k to use one device? I can understand if it's unlimited. But it's not, it's 1GB/day FUP.

Jio fail.[DOUBLEPOST=1488392312][/DOUBLEPOST]Dude, Your statement is confusing, please reword it. I thought there's no minimum recharge of 149, only 303.[DOUBLEPOST=1488392446][/DOUBLEPOST]Where is the no 2-5am thing mentioned ?[DOUBLEPOST=1488393399][/DOUBLEPOST]It's funny but all these Jio plan modifications remind me of the govt/rbi demon changes. It's like they're desperate to make money and start ripping people off, but then realise if they push people too far, it will backfire badly. So they tone it down a notch. And come up with some other way to screw...

Let them confirm that night free is there for non prime. Unless they clarify, do not opt for either - I cannot find the same - my office collegue wanted info on the same.

I believe the 1 device is for phone, not JioFi. But don't understand the distinction. What if I use phone <-> WiFi router <-> multiple devices? Secondly, why are they even bothering? its my data, let me use it as I want.

rather, I think they came with the prime offer because they realised that from 30GB to 300MB (149 plan) would result in most people shunning the service and that they needed to continue it without screwing up. I honestly think it's a great move because most expected that all high paying customers would be back to their original operators, and now, that's like 90% no. Only, they should allow others to continue prime after 31st for 599 or higher.[DOUBLEPOST=1488394756][/DOUBLEPOST]

Its the same as now - you are given 1GB per day, not per month. If you dont use it, there is no proviso to allow you to use it the next day :p

Yeah, what I was trying to say is that for people like me, if I am only home and online during weekends I get only, what?, 4 GB downloads every weekend on the 499 plan? whereas with the 999 plan I can download about 15 GB every weekend - here my weekday (Mon-Fri) usage will be very low.

^^ makes sense based on your usage scenario. It's different for everyone. Me for example, i haven't been renewing my home broadband, because i've been queuing my stuff for the 2am-5am slot. for everything else the current 1gb is about enough. I have 3 sims though so 3gb. But from april i think i'll stick to the regular 149 1gb plan and renew my home broadband for 2mbps/4mbps.

^^ makes sense based on your usage scenario. It's different for everyone. Me for example, i haven't been renewing my home broadband, because i've been queuing my stuff for the 2am-5am slot. for everything else the current 1gb is about enough. I have 3 sims though so 3gb. But from april i think i'll stick to the regular 149 1gb plan and renew my home broadband for 2mbps/4mbps.

How much Data can you download in the 2AM-5AM slot? What is Max possible?

How much Data can you download in the 2AM-5AM slot? What is Max possible?

I'm not in the best n/w area, my friend living 3km away gets insane speeds. Still I can easily do about 15gb in those 3 hours. My logs show ~18gb on two occasions too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back