Joggers! Your source of energy/strength?

Folks,

Had been thinking of pushing to you guys for a very long time, forgot twice, now before I forget again here it is...

Essentially its for those guys who do jogging. First of will start with my track :eek:hyeah: :

Google Maps

I do about 8 rounds of that one, makes about 6.6km. Yup needs good amount of juice to do that, I get all the juice from music flowing through EP 630 in my head.

Mine choice:

1. Metallica
2. Nirvana
3. Bon Jovi
4. Aerosmith

I was wondering what other guys to do to keep those muscle running, drown those pains and keep concentrated on finishing that run.

Please share your techniques.

~LT

iPod+[EP-630]+
Often:
spoken word (podcasts/audiobooks)

Sometimes:
Metallica
Linkin Park
Bruce Springsteen

I tend to like songs which have a moderately paced back beat. My steps automatically seem to sync with the beat. I once tried yanni/KennyG and my walking at 1/4th of the regular speed.

Also, whats your favourite time? Mine is from 4.00-5.15/30AM before the sun comes up.

Kumar said:
iPod+[EP-630]+
Often:
spoken word (podcasts/audiobooks)

Sometimes:
Metallica
Linkin Park
Bruce Springsteen

I tend to like songs which have a moderately paced back beat. My steps automatically seem to sync with the beat. I once tried yanni/KennyG and my walking at 1/4th of the regular speed.

Also, whats your favourite time? Mine is from 4.00-5.15/30AM before the sun comes up.

Ditto same, I like those music that pace with me, I really hate/avoid slow/romantic music while jogging, they won't even let me finish the run.

Ahh morning is too early for me. I do the run in the evening at about 6:30-7:30. When I am really exhausted and got no energy to run even after a hot chick, the song "Turn The Page - Metallica" gives me turbo, no idea where the energy comes out of, but I finish the run. Here is another question, which songs is for yours?

~LT

Not surprisingly, 'born to run' by BS.

"We gotta get out while we're young
'Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run"

No music,

I fast jog on weekends at 10 in the morning with the full blast of the sun, the only thing on my mind the next place where I will get something to drink.... Actually the humidity here in Mumbai is good for that purpose makes you sweat like anything.... increases the speed at which fat is burned

hey guys make a list of tracks that u ppl like..better to share than jus name...how abt a folder sharing site..where we upload all our fav songs?

I also like a song with a little beat... Gorillaz works well for me.. If it's too slow I find it makes it difficult to keep a decent pace.
I run about 40 mins, I have it figured out at approx 3.5 to 4 miles. I have always found the first 10 mins the hardest, once I get warmed up and get into a pace I can go for a while.........

No music. I jog around 5:30 in the morning, and really love to breath the fresh air and feel the calm morning breeze. Don't like anything interrupting that :)

If you are just starting, start with a week of walking, then progress to fast walking, jogging and then finally running. This might take a loong time though ~3-6 months is an easy estimate.

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
I also like a song with a little beat... Gorillaz works well for me.. If it's too slow I find it makes it difficult to keep a decent pace.
I run about 40 mins, I have it figured out at approx 3.5 to 4 miles. I have always found the first 10 mins the hardest, once I get warmed up and get into a pace I can go for a while.........

Ditto same, the first 10 mins are the most resistant once, your body resists like anything, once you are over that, body suddenly switches into fast track :clap: !

~LT

Back