Joggers! Your source of energy/strength?

Calf Muscles ka locha is worrisome.. Everytime i started slow jogging.. Calf muscles would give up way too early..

yes I agree with Nikhil, you probably are not stretching enough.. and no you should not stretch too much when your muscles are cold.

Either do a little warm up, then stretch... or run for 10 mins... then do some stretching.. finish your run... then stretch again...

I cannot stress enough how important stretching is :)

dipen01 said:
I am planning to go at 5 AM.. Lets see. how it goes ;)

dude you havent slept all night.and plan to got for a jog. dont go if you sleepy..or else you may just bang a pole or fall in a pot hole.:S

on a serious note.

in my opinion its better to catch up with enough sleep before early morning..jogs...or else you feel more tired for the rest of the day.after the jog.

but its 5:24 , looks like youve already left.:p

FaH33m said:
dude you havent slept all night.and plan to got for a jog. dont go if you sleepy..or else you may just bang a pole or fall in a pot hole.:S

on a serious note.
in my opinion its better to catch up with enough sleep before early morning..jogs...or else you feel more tired for the rest of the day.after the jog.

but its 5:24 , looks like youve already left.:p
:eek:hyeah: Arre na re, I have kinda changed my routine ;)

I am sleeping from 8 PM - 3 AM since last 2 days.. 3 - 5 Thoda Study :ashamed: then Jog and afterwards i am supposed to resume books but i end up wasting time online :no:

dipen01 said:
:eek:hyeah: Arre na re, I have kinda changed my routine ;)

I am sleeping from 8 PM - 3 AM since last 2 days.. 3 - 5 Thoda Study :ashamed: then Jog and afterwards i am supposed to resume books but i end up wasting time online :no:

Hahaha remembered my college days, I always thought ki aaj uthoonga and will study through the morning. But when I used to get up and look at the watch it used to be already 9:30 - 10o'clock :( So my plans we hanging in the drains :S Anyways these days am pretty much on time :bleh:

djmykey said:
Hahaha remembered my college days, I always thought ki aaj uthoonga and will study through the morning. But when I used to get up and look at the watch it used to be already 9:30 - 10o'clock :( So my plans we hanging in the drains :S Anyways these days am pretty much on time :bleh:

Tujhe Ghar mein chalneko bore hota hoga, Jogging kya karega.. :rofl:

Don't even think of buying Treadmill , Use karega nahi and corner mein padi rahegi :tongue:

Aces170 said:
No music,

I fast jog on weekends at 10 in the morning with the full blast of the sun, the only thing on my mind the next place where I will get something to drink.... Actually the humidity here in Mumbai is good for that purpose makes you sweat like anything.... increases the speed at which fat is burned
It's a myth. Just because you are sweating more doesn't mean you are burning more fat. It just means you are loosing more water and salts, that is, you are dehydrating. That's why jogging during winters or morning is always more productive.

BTW I have been jogging for the last 11 years( since I was 12) for at least 3 to 5 K's daily. When I wake up too late or can't jog for some reason, I skip rope, around 800 to 1000.

dipen01 said:
No parks around :ashamed:

And i leave at 5-5.30.. No-ones there except doodhwaalas and Barking dogs :bleh:

Saw your route man, it didn't appear close loop, so how do u go back home?

Try Mp3 player man, with those songs you care less if there is a dog barking or an aged uncle is singing in a high pitched tone.

~LT

Are its a Turn Around Route.. Not a loop..

Well yeah seems like ill have to change my music.. Due to laziness i didnt transfer any music.. So i relied on FM... And damn the music is way too slow :|

BTW I have been jogging for the last 11 years( since I was 12) for at least 3 to 5 K's daily. When I wake up too late or can't jog for some reason, I skip rope, around 800 to 1000.

I agree....skipping rope is awesome ..... I do that to warm up, but... FYI for those of you that may not know this. 10 mins of skipping rope at a good pace burns the same amount of calories as a 1 mile run... it also less destructive on the joints and other parts of the body.

If you are unable to run... jump rope is an excellent alternative :D

baccilus said:

great by the way does skipping also help in increasing height or is it just a myth..i am 18 right now..and around 5 4.5 " ..would love to grow more 2-3 inches..though not very desperate but it would be great if i can do so...

and yeah before someone tells me ..i know that one's height also depends on his parent's height to some extent.. dad's 5 7" and mom 5 2"...

dipen01 said:
Are its a Turn Around Route.. Not a loop..

Well yeah seems like ill have to change my music.. Due to laziness i didnt transfer any music.. So i relied on FM... And damn the music is way too slow :|

get some really good progressive trance\techno music if you are interested :)

and yeah one more thing i wanted to know.

is jogging on a treadmill for 5 km ..the same as jogging on the street\park.. for 5kms ? asking cause i plan to go to the society gym to use the tread mill\cycle ,once in a while. especially when it's really dark in the morning. there have been some instances of looting and abuse with early morning office commuters. so me a bit scared :p

@Faheem --- Jogging on a treadmill is pretty much the same. It is as good as jogging outdoors.

However, there are a few difference. If you can run for 20 mins and cover 3 kms on the treadmill, dont expect to do the same on the road. The treadmill is an "ideal" road. No gradients (unless you increase the elevation yourself) and the surface is different, speed is constant, etc...

Ok so for starters and fun I went out.....faaaar out; Kalavantin durg that is. Here are some snaps for ya.

I don't have a cam and the guys who took the snaps will be sharing them with us on Monday, so till then only snaps of the mountain;

Yes; we went all the way up :bleh:

So it looks easy from this side with steps and all; actually that is what we also thought; but heck from the side we climbed this mountain

there were hardly 80-100 steps in bad condition and if u lose balance ur dead :( down in the valley. Anyways we all came back safe and sound.

And I was a disappointment because at 5' 10" and weighing 85 kgs and no sorta any kind of trekking experience I was way too slow for a mountain trek.

So am gonna go shopping for a treadmill and start running right away. Damnit I was the slowest on the way on and down as well.

that a 'steep' task for some one who is just starting out.

The main -ve is that you get dejected and disappointed when you aim too 'high' and loose interest slowly.

Start at the ground level and build 'up' from there dude.

Back