[Kerala] KFC outlet closed after serving worm infested chicken dish

Avoid all these fast food restaurants, especially the US based ones. The food is lame anyway, almost every dish tastes and smells the same.
So true. I was a fan of KFC (and to some extent McD) till last year when I saw my weight skyrocketing like anything. And being a doctor, I saw (and still see) LOADS of obese children, like ****ing loads ! Bloody 12 year olds are obese thanks to these fast food chains.
Good I decided to stop when I could (partly thanks to Forks over Knives, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead etc. Now I hardly go to fast food centres anymore. Yes I still eat a bit of non-veg here and there (very rarely though), but maintaining a totally vegetarian diet, primarily with salads and fruits is not difficult anymore. I feel more energetic !

Well they also use shit (animal shit, earthworm shit and what not) and other animal matter as fertilizer for plants and crops grow from it, does that mean that anybody who eats plant food has no problem eating shit? :p

On another note, do you guys know that the chicken nuggets and similar stuff sold by fast food joints like KFC is made up of meat extracted from parts like the head, digits on their legs and internal parts that are usually discarded.

^ Eating vegetarian isn't healthy!
What is your source of protein?
Oh my ! Please get over your myth. We don't need animal protein. Have a look - Forks over Knives. It is NOT a sensationalist documentary. Instead, it brings to the forefront a couple of epidemiological studies (done by some of the most renowned doctors in the area of nutrition) with super large cohorts, which essentially link the differences in health between a non-vegetarian and a vegetarian.
How some doctors in the UK are actually treating and REVERSING hypercholestrolemia and increased LDL with just dietary modifications. Nothing sensational, just based on pure hard facts and reports and results. Just give it a watch. You've nothing to lose ! :)
Veg vs Non-veg is a never ending topic, so I would prefer to keep the discussion out of the thread. Was just stating what I felt after starting a purely vegetarian diet.

Well they also use shit (animal shit, earthworm shit and what not) and other animal matter as fertilizer for plants and crops grow from it, does that mean that anybody who eats plant food has no problem eating shit? :p

Sure, but the chicken eater eats a lot more shit than the plant eater, i would elaborate but i think we should leave it for when there is an excrement-based sticky thread :p .

OH Shi*. Just reading the OP, almost made me like throwing up. I used to go out of the way to eat at KFC. I think will avoid these places, including McD, Domino.

whenever i visit KFC all i have is a veggie snacker and theier 11rs cone ice cream ,the veg sancker is quite delicious imo and it is made from channa apart from that i rarely eat outside,Nothing beats a hot home cooked meal, even a simple dish such as rice and vegetables taste way better than the shit we eat from outside and also it is not that difficult to make.

I was a fan of KFC (and to some extent McD) till last year when I saw my weight skyrocketing like anything.

but maintaining a totally vegetarian diet, primarily with salads and fruits is not difficult anymore. I feel more energetic !

This has nothing to do with veg or non veg, its about eating junk food. KFC and McD comes under junk food.

On another note, do you guys know that the chicken nuggets and similar stuff sold by fast food joints like KFC is made up of meat extracted from parts like the head, digits on their legs and internal parts that are usually discarded.

Isn't called Pink Slime ?

BBC News - Could 'pink slime' be rebranded?

KFC did a big disservice to themselves here. KFC shops are very high demand in Kerala consumer culture as lot of people there works outside India and bring that name home. Now...

- - - Updated - - -

people eating chicken, meat, pork etc and fearing for worms :sleep:
Grow up guys.. learn something from china

Man isn't this about about hygiene and standards rather than being N.Veg. Vs. Veg. Vs. Vegan ?
Would comment the same if your Veg Sandwich come with worms in palak, etc. ?

people eating chicken, meat, pork etc and fearing for worms :sleep:
Grow up guys.. learn something from china

Dude you should shove all the veggies in a peice of bread preserve it for a month or two in the open and enjoy your fungi infused sammich.
Grow up and learn something from the thai's

Man isn't this about about hygiene and standards rather than being N.Veg. Vs. Veg. Vs. Vegan ?
Would comment the same if your Veg Sandwich come with worms in palak, etc. ?

Chill dude, it was just said at lighter note for fun.. do agree that this is seriously unhygienic thing..!!

So true. I was a fan of KFC (and to some extent McD) till last year when I saw my weight skyrocketing like anything. And being a doctor, I saw (and still see) LOADS of obese children, like ****ing loads ! Bloody 12 year olds are obese thanks to these fast food chains.
Good I decided to stop when I could (partly thanks to Forks over Knives, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead etc. Now I hardly go to fast food centres anymore. Yes I still eat a bit of non-veg here and there (very rarely though), but maintaining a totally vegetarian diet, primarily with salads and fruits is not difficult anymore. I feel more energetic !

I agree with the advice on avoiding fast food restaurants. But I eat non-veg everyday and am very healthy. Can run for 5km straight without much sweat and lift almost 1.5x my weight. It's not what you eat, it's what you burn it afterwards. I can eat like a pig and still be healthy if I work it all out.

The question is WHY haven't they been sued for millions yet? Or is an American's life worth more than an Indian's? Sigh.
Food department will come, they'l shut it down, then take a healthy bribe and then everyone is happy. :|

I had asked 2 questions in the opening post. Throughout the thread, maybe only a couple of members bothered to address those.
Nobody even mentioned that they would like to dig / ask around or await somebody to reply what can be done in such a situation. That is a bit sad.

I remember in about 2007 i was having dinner with a friend at a decent restaurant, when a tiny cockroach dashed out from underneath the basket which contained bread. Another incident around that time period was when i was well early at a banquet hall to attend an engagement ceremony, and saw a rat scampering for cover under a table. I was clueless as to what i can do on those two occasions and both these were pretty much desi eateries.. so i knew its the Indian mentality will be at work.
But after so many years, i dont see any significant story being reported where the eateries been penalized heavily.. nor a procedure being in place for consumers, and even more disheartening is how the foreign chains have taken it for granted that they can and will exploit the corrupt Indian mentality and ways to go scot free.

Apart from the two questions in the op, i would like to know if these eateries can be sued for deficiency of service vis a vis the pics they put up for display Vs what they serve usually. Cuz i am ordering on the basis of what i see there and what i get is pretty much not the same.

forget millions, nothing is going to happen. They will bribe the officials and will get it re open soon , when KFC opend at calicut they dumped waste on highway sides and forced to close but within days they reopened .

it dosent matter where you eat whether KFC or road side dhaba or even from AIR Port there is no guarantee that you get hygienic food check this video

Hmm.. I think its safe to say now that kerala is a really bad place to have fast food, i mean when some bloke dies eating a shavarma then there's something seriously f'd up with the chicken there. Hmm.. i'm thinking that maybe its some communist conspiracy to kick out american fast-food joints :scared14:

Anyways, don't let this stop you folks from visiting kerala. Our state the most amazing traditional food, and its all 100% worm free :angel:

Back