[Kerala] KFC outlet closed after serving worm infested chicken dish

Damm there is no KFC in my place, else i would have gone there and asked for free sample to check :lol:

I doubt whether the person has ordered an American dish or Chinese dish :p

I find this rather suspicious though. First ambrosia, then this. Even in ambrosia, a live insect was found inside a cake, and here live worms found inside cooked meat. I mean if you found DEAD bugs, I could understand. The process of making these food makes it rather improbable that it leaves whole/live bugs inside, and yet, here they are.

One of my friends was saying that he smelt competition ;)

on similar note, which is that cheese with maggots in it that is considered a delicacy? forgot its name. google came to rescue - Casu Marzu
Roquefort cheese is made using bread fungus and people love it.

Humanity is full of surprises.

One of my friends was saying that he smelt competition ;) (pun intended)

Hmm.. I think its safe to say now that kerala is a really bad place to have fast food, i mean when some bloke dies eating a shavarma then there's something seriously f'd up with the chicken there. Hmm.. i'm thinking that maybe its some communist conspiracy to kick out american fast-food joints :scared14:

Will you stop seeing a Communist conspiracy everywhere.

Oh god, please stop, this thread is getting too gross for reality, and my beloved food item is now getting repulsive.

But, honestly the compliance to standards is extremely poor in our country, and the watchdogs have to get their act together.

Pardon my language, but the watchdogs in this country don't give a rats ass. In Bangalore, they do their weekly rounds of visiting restaurants and other food related establishments, but it is only to collect their regular bribes. I know quite a few Health Inspectors and it's the same case with them and their teams. I'll bet most Indians are not even aware of the existence of health inspectors in India. When the policing agencies that are meant to keep everything in line and in check become a part of the problem by encouraging things like this, then we know we are in real trouble. It's sad, but I've come to realize that this country is beyond redemption.

Hope you didn't consume too much KFC chicken with MSG to make such a comment against an Indian State which keeps higher life quality standards than others :)

1) 1995, when it first set up a base in the country, an outlet in Bangalore. Food safety inspectors soon raided the outlet, finding chicken served to contain 2.8 per cent monosodium glutamate (MSG), said to cause nausea and headaches, retardation and birth defects. The Prevention of Food Adulteration Act sets the ceiling for MSG at one per cent.

2) With KFC exceeding the MSG limits, its licence was revoked and the outlet had to be closed. The situation was no different in Delhi, when a fly was found in its kitchen and the food safety department under the Madan Lal Khurana-led BJP government in the capital ordered its closure.

3) Now, the current infamous fiasco.

How many warnings you need ? Should we act after issues from all the states after consuming enough MSG gets out of hand ?

Hmm.. I think its safe to say now that kerala is a really bad place to have fast food, i mean when some bloke dies eating a shavarma then there's something seriously f'd up with the chicken there. Hmm.. i'm thinking that maybe its some communist conspiracy to kick out american fast-food joints :scared14:

Anyways, don't let this stop you folks from visiting kerala. Our state the most amazing traditional food, and its all 100% worm free :angel:

^
Me my brother and a friend had gone to kfc a month back and consumed a bucket(largest one 12pcs. I guess) and a zinger each and our heads were spinning like we took a shot of vodka.
And we started laughing and doing crazy shit.
Is that because of the MSG?!

I ate in Subway today. Take any salad and avoid Mayonnaise and soft drinks/junk, and it's a healthy dish. Not too many carbs, good amount of veggies, and decent enough protein if you choose any paneer or non-veg sub.

In 1995, when it first set up a base in the country, an outlet in Bangalore. Food safety inspectors soon raided the outlet, finding chicken served to contain 2.8 per cent monosodium glutamate (MSG), said to cause nausea and headaches, retardation and birth defects. The Prevention of Food Adulteration Act sets the ceiling for MSG at one per cent.

How many warnings you need ? Should we act after issues from all the states after consuming enough MSG gets out of hand ?

Seems like every city needs a civilian team to keep a vigil on everything.. including the official teams. Govt is this lame ?

Anyways, don't let this stop you folks from visiting kerala. Our state the most amazing traditional food, and its all 100% worm free :angel:

Dude, tell me the eateries out here in Bangalore owned by keralhites. Will avoid those places. :p

Yuck yuck! I don't think I can enjoy kfc chicken from now on like I used to. WTF! They charge double the price for fried chicken and serve 4 month old meat?!

Fast food is bad for health. Yup, I agree 100 percent.

These fast food chains make it worse by adding preservatives. Yup, again agreed.
( but they NEED to add preservatives as they cant buy their supplies locally )

But remember, taste also matters. ( those who say it smells and tastes same , have either never smelled them ( let alone taste it) or doesn't have tastebuds)
I personally like KFC's original chicken ( not the grilled or juicy one , thats nothing special) a lot , also the zinger burger and choco-lash( other similar lashes). Its very unique and original, have tried making them but i just cant get that hard crunchy part ( have tried corn-egg-bread-rice- everything that can make it crunchy . so don't say unless you have tried)

Among others , nothing is as good as KFC (IMO) , i prefer to make by own pizza if i have a oven at hand, but pizzahut / dominos also do when i/friends feel like having a pizza. For burgers, as said before i prefer zinger, i dont like mcdonalds unless maharaja mac is prepared fresh. Others are nothing special. Oh and a special mention for WIMPY, they had the BEST chicken burgers, sad wimpy is no more in india. I am talking about Fast food restaurants only.

Now, about this thread,
With the amount of preservatives they add its very unlikly that worms can have a happy habitat in there, my guess is that they dint store it properly/neglected its storage. Yup its KFC's fault for not keeping that in check but as far as i know these big chain firms are very strict on these things( for obvious reasons, look here it happened in kerala we are discussing it here, no one would have cared if it was Raju's chicken )

It can happen again in future, so what can be done ? Dont eat at any KFC ever ? That would be stupid , if you go by that logic you cant even eat at home.

so
1. Eat in a well hygienic restaurant , if you can check their kicthen.
2. A rotton food/ worm infested food WILL taste and smell like a rotton/worm infested food.
3. Always check if they have put fresh veggies in in the dish ( lattuce , tastes good fresh , dont accept dull one, it will ruin the dish)
4. Dont eat just for the sake of it. Eat when you want to eat. ( specially at FastFood restaurants)
5. Yup, as the op said report if threre are serious issues. If you dont have number of authorities, just dial 100.

As long as there is no fear of penal action by authorities, no company will give a damn.

This would have been a "finger lickin' good" case for lawyers had the same happened in USA.

^
Me my brother and a friend had gone to kfc a month back and consumed a bucket(largest one 12pcs. I guess) and a zinger each and our heads were spinning like we took a shot of vodka.
And we started laughing and doing crazy shit.
Is that because of the MSG?!

No it is not. There has been no scientific evidence of MSG being unsafe (just like there has been no reasonable proof for the claim that Aspertame and other artificial sweeteners cause cancer.)

Monosodium glutamate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But remember, taste also matters. ( those who say it smells and tastes same , have either never smelled them ( let alone taste it) or doesn't have tastebuds)
I mean seriously ?

It can happen again in future, so what can be done ? Dont eat at any KFC ever ? That would be stupid , if you go by that logic you cant even eat at home.
Sorry, I have never found zinda worms in my home made food. So anyday I would ditch Kentucky Fried Worms over my home made food :p

i never said that . please re-read , and try to understadn what i said .

nd yeah, Most FF restaurants are different ( taste wise ).

McDonald's : Their cutlets are made of minced meat ( almost ). and they use mayonnaise to give flavor to most of their burgers. they are good even without ketchup.

WIMPY : Never use minced meat, unless the recipe demands it. Specific spices-Mix is prepared for each burger , that gives the main flavor. mayonnaise is same ( if present ). I or one can not eat them without a ketchup bottle with me .

KFC : Main flavor given by the proprietary fried chicken ( plus ketchup ). Only lettuce is used as veggie. Ketchup is absolute necessity.

I you want difference between Pizzahut and dominos, its there.

yeah french fries are all the same . (almost )

When I was in 2nd year of my graduation, I decided that I'll learn to cook my own food. I took recipes/instructions from my MOM over the phone. That was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. For the last few years in my worklife, I've been preparing my own food everyday. To all people who stay away from home, the best way to feel at home is to prepare food with your moms recipe. :) Besides, it helps you stay healthier as well. Always go to fast food as your last resort, even if you crave for it.

Back