koolmainak's iPad sale thread - item missing from consignment

dtdc people doesnt leave toothpaste also... they took out 6 packs of colgate toothpaste from my consignment which was booked from delhi . i really feel sorry for the seller he lost everything:(. i have a known person in dtdc office , i will talk about this matter so that he can help with his contacts.

Well, I have not read all the post but those who showered praises on Mainak for returning the money. How many of them gonna do same in the very same situation. My guess NONE.

ankxxs said:
Well, I have not read all the post but those who showered praises on Mainak for returning the money. How many of them gonna do same in the very same situation. My guess NONE.
I would have refunded the buyer's money if I had offered the buyer a 7 day testing warranty and the product did not reach the buyer. Like Mainak demonstrated, not everyone is a "thief".

@ayasankt: you can take it as anything.

But I truly believe that most people will not do what Mainak did & same for Faheem for keeping so much of patience decency. So, I believe all of us can adopt it as a standing rule & do it if situation arises but there should be exception if buyer in case has received the item. I am ready to do same but who else?

how does that resolve anything ? why do you need to bring a hypothetical situation and put forth that you will be a bigger man in that situation , good for you ....... but how does that add any substance to the ongoing discussion of getting that ipad back?

Mainak has been really busy with his MBA project work and unable to visit the DTDC office to solve this matter yet :( . More the delay , lesser the chances of getting it bad .Feel really bad for the guy . Hate DTDC thieves :mad: More reports of thefts of soaps , deos and what not coming up day by day !

I had a friend ship me a graphic card using dtdc.Was scared for a while after reading this thread, product arrived safely though and before estimated time. Now I'm not vouching for dtdc, first time I've ever used them in fact, just thought I'd put it here.

Oh btw, the dtdc plus, don't take their word for it, saw a customer fighting with the courier guy for getting his urgent package 3 days late.

So is there anything happening about the ipad and why is the seller not doing anything... I am really surprised that a guy who lost an ipad is sitting and preparing for a project... I know he cannot ignore the project totally but he shall atleast keep making trip ocassionally at the dtdc store from where he shipped the product so that they know someone is interested in the ipad... At this rate he will never get the ipad back...

I think the trend is that they will steal devices which are easy to sell off or consume by the "lay-man". Common person will easily buy a grey iPad,cell phone. Or matter of fact the stealer themselves can use the soaps.

Graphics cards/RAM modules probably they cannot understand, so let them be.

@kippu: Wanna say anything regarding my comment then reply in that comments regard. Please, don't answer question by another question & about Mainak getting his I-pad back or going to DTDC guys for that me & Mayank are their to help him out.

yea, I was the one who posted it.The DTDC guy told me that they use a scanner and if any electronic good is found ,they cannot guarantee about it delivery.

asingh said:
I think the trend is that they will steal devices which are easy to sell off or consume by the "lay-man". Common person will easily buy a grey iPad,cell phone. Or matter of fact the stealer themselves can use the soaps.

Graphics cards/RAM modules probably they cannot understand, so let them be.
I think the trend is to pinch anything that is under declared. If its grossly under declared then its defnitely a gift.

There is no legal solution in that case is there. This i think would have been the first thing + electronic item + light packing.

Or at least thats what i can figure so far.

Use India post - quick, reliable and cost-effective. Also, they never ask you what is inside the parcel or its value.

I do not know how many times I have repeated this but still people dont use it much.

My local post office does inquire about the contents of the package and if any electronic goods they are reluctant to accept it . Also postal services have similar chances of theft as a IInd tier courier service IMO . Ive heard of parcels being misplaced/ delayed and damaged in transit even with Indian Post.

But I do vouch for Indian Post for all international shipments cause within 1-2 days the package leaves India and after that all the care is taken by the foreign country with detailed tracking.

Anyways I guess we all are going OT , this info should be posted in the courier and packaging guide sticky thread. :p

Back