koolmainak's iPad sale thread - item missing from consignment

Awesome move there mainak.......This is what keeps and builds trust in the community. Hope we members can get together and screw DTDC together somehow, :(.

Now though Faheem got his money back, sad for your loss mainak, hopefully these DTDC guyz are taught some lession by some1.

Refund has reflected in the account . Thanks a lot Mainak . I am really sorry about your loss and very badly want the DTDC guys to learn a lesson .

As I mentioned on the phone , please do send me the scanned copy of the receipt because I am still in touch with the DTDC director and he said he would try and solve this issue .

From all the tracking it is clearly evident that the theft was done by someone at the local franchise of DTDC- rohini sec 8 from where the booking was done .

One more important suggestion I have is not to approach the police unless you really have some strong links & contacts cause otherwise the police guys will just try to take advantage of this situation to earn some quick buck .

Firstly try & workout something politely & by repeated visits / requests . If that doesn't work ,a very simple & effective way that I could think of in retrieving the iPad back is to stand outside the DTDC booking office with few more guys & a board in hand which says " DTDC are theives , if you value your consignment please go to another courier " .

Do this too shoo away their customers & they will themselves return your iPad .

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

FaH33m said:
Firstly try & workout something politely & by repeated visits / requests . If that doesnt work ,a very simple & effective way that I could think of in retrieving the iPad back is to stand outside the DTDC booking office with few more guys & a board in hand which says " DTDC are theives , if you value your consigment please go to another courier " .

Do this too shoo away their customers & they will themselves return your iPad .
It's worth trying but I don't think it will work. The local employees are responsible here for whatever has happened and they don't care much about the company image.

^ The company might not be caring about its image but I am sure the particular franchise /branch does want to do decent business and not take a hit on the no. of bookings everyday .

Good to see the matter being resolved at one end atleast ..

Can someone verify this whole Volumetric Weight vs Actual Weight issue .. ??

I had this happen to me once when I was shipping some personal items in a very large box with lots of packing (via DTDC)..

The weight was around 2.5 KG but I was charged for 5Kg .. I argued for an hour and the courier guy only spoke little English .. but ultimately conveyed that they were charging by volume than weight.

Although I don't remember what weight actually got mentioned on the receipt.

If they are mentioning the Volumetric (Chargeable) weight then its purely for calculating the amount..

The actual weight can be accountable only when there is such an incident of theft ..

I believe that it is very wrong and careless for DTDC to issue such vague paperwork .. which lead to so much confusion.

Get the press involved... Get a couple of reporters to report this incident and am sure after that everone in dtdc try to get the ipad back and also file a NC police complaint (am sure neha will elaborate on the same)... In this kind of complaint the cops take no action till some order comes from court... But it is enough to scare everone in dtdc.... Also send a copy of the FIR to each and every top official u can in dtdc and also mark it to the top officials of other courier companies too so that the dtdc fellows can see it... After that lauch a full scale defamation process for dtdc on all the networking sites...

All this should get u your ipad back... If not then atleast you will have $crewed the company for good...

All at TE will stand by u dont worry man, there are many people who have lost packages on TE itself some have lost soaps and some have lost phones (remember reading an old thread for that)

U initiate this thing and all will join in and even outsiders will... Am sure there are many people who have lost packages with dtdc and could not do anything for it...

Kudos to Mainak for providing the refund to Faheem. Now we should all help Mainak in fighting with DTDC. Please get all the contacts from Faheem if required.
@ Faheem--- Plz be in touch with Suresh and check if anything can be done. Ask for his contact no if required on e-mail so that you can explain him the whole situation in detail. If DTDC corporate office threatens the franchise I am sure the iPAD will come out fast rather than a police complaint which will never work in these cases :(

Hat's off to Mainak.

Feel sorry for you that you learned your lesson in a hard way. Just make sure in future that you don't repeat the mistake in future.

archat68 said:
^^ The mistake is NOT to declare the item properly and not insuring. The lesson learnt is NOT to repeat it in future.
I am pretty sure that atleast 70% of the deals that happened till now in TE are not insured ones. And lot many with incorrect declarations.

It was just his bad luck mate.

Sandy said:
let me correct that for you. He loses 30K. 15k Cash and 15k Ipad. Poor guy.
Dear God. Forgot the ipad.

@faheem

Please do help the seller if anything reqd from ur part. Guys like him are hard to come by.

how is it that he lost 30k??? Faheem gave him 15k which he returned by giving 15 k, and lost 15k ipad , so in net he lost 15k..

Sorry for the loss :(

vahss_11 said:
how is it that he lost 30k??? Faheem gave him 15k which he returned by giving 15 k, and lost 15k ipad , so in net he lost 15k..

Sorry for the loss :(
Damn, so this is why I kept failing in maths :p

m-jeri said:
I am pretty sure that atleast 70% of the deals that happened till now in TE are not insured ones. And lot many with incorrect declarations.

It was just his bad luck mate.
After the recent two incident of theft I'm still using DTDC but not leaving anything to my "luck" which was pretty good so far. So, I made a rule for myself - anything above 2-3K is going to be shipped insured. It's better to lose a little money than a big amount like 15K and bear the tensions afterwards :( . I just can't cope with so much additional tension. I understand very much what both the seller and buyer went through and Mainak is feeling right now :( . That's why I asked him to be cautious in future and not to leave anything to luck which is pretty bad for him so far.

I wonder how can 'bullet-proof' packaging as suggested by some fellow members avoid such situation. I feel the only rule is to have decent packaging, declare the item properly & insure it (if required)..

Like in this case, a courier guy (with bad intention) can easily
  • tamper any package
  • flick the item
  • seal it back
  • deliver it to you

.. if there is no declaration & insurance. If anyone makes hue and cry, it won't be heard, instead you might get the least insured amount which is Rs.100 (as stated somewhere in thread)..

^The point of packing it well is because the courier guy would think twice before trying to rip open the hard packaging and then trying to put it all across. And they may not have enough time to do all that either. But a guy who is well adept in this field shouldn't have any problems. The 'bullet-proof' packaging is what is being referred to as decent packaging here.

Back