koolmainak's iPad sale thread - item missing from consignment

@koolmainak

I'm still with you dude, you can call me up anytime when you want me to accompany you to kick their a*s.

@faheem

Congrats on receiving the money. Here are my 2 requests to you :

1) Please don't forget this incident as you got your money, help Mainak to your fullest.

2) He deserves an itrust rating so please do the needful.

I am here to support Mainak to the best of my capabilities but at the same time expect co-operation from him as well .Ive asked him for the snap/scanned copy of the receipt and still awaiting his response. I assume his college course keeps his busy.

Regarding the iTrust rating , I have no issues passing it on as long as mods/admins don't mind . If they give a green signal ,I would pass on the rating right now :).

Lesson learnt for newbies when it comes to ship costly items, declare value properly, use insurance and seek packing tactics from experienced sellers.

OMG!!! I usually ship from this vijaynagar branch. Makes me think twice now!

Just wondering why a product booked at rohini sec-8 when its received at vijay nagar branch & then leave for delhi apex (nairaina) covering 2 zones when dtdc has offices divided in zones and covers each zone separately.

smnrock said:
But most of the courier people ask to pack in front them right? in that case we need to pack in their office ?
Depends upon the agency/courier dealer how much they want to go by the book. While shipping my Comp from Pune to Delhi, BlueDart asked me to bring it in box but without closing/sealing the same. The person incharge there asked me to show the stuff, declare the value and sealed it using their official BlueDart Tape. But there has been many occasions where these courier company never bothered to ask the content of the package unless I mentioned it myself.

^^i recently shipped iphone4 by tnt and was asked to open the package. They said if you book the courier and they come pick up they wont open the package to check. But if you go their office to book you have to open the package and show them the contents. The courier people were massively pissed the way i had packed the phone. It took them at least 20mins to open with a scissor and paper knife lol ......

If some one wants to insure means, defintely we need to show the contents to the courier people, so in that case foolproof/smart packing prior wont solve i guess.. any one can confirm this?

Mainak, take a bogus customer(s) with you along.
Start arguing about the product and the person will enter on cue, listen to all the detail.. give a smirk to the manager and leave saying Blue dart will be better.

smnrock said:
If some one wants to insure means, defintely we need to show the contents to the courier people, so in that case foolproof/smart packing prior wont solve i guess.. any one can confirm this?
Exactly, so are we to conclude that peeps using this bullet-proof packing method are not insuring their packages ?

If it takes 20 minutes to cut open why bother then right :)

Gannu, mr. 200 packages, what have you to say ?

Rahul said:
^^i recently shipped iphone4 by tnt and was asked to open the package. They said if you book the courier and they come pick up they wont open the package to check. But if you go their office to book you have to open the package and show them the contents. The courier people were massively pissed the way i had packed the phone. It took them at least 20mins to open with a scissor and paper knife lol ......
Soooo they undid your packaging, what happened afterwards ?

Another 20 mins to repack or just 1 minute tape over. If its the latter then the joke's on you isn't it.

^It doesn't imply if you pack your goods well, it need not be insured. If the item is expensive, insure it - it might be slightly expensive but in the event of loss, you can claim a refund for the amount you had insured the consignment for. I have faced a similar instance when I had to ship an iPod Touch to a member based in Bangalore. Although he had insisted on using Blue Dart instead of DTDC. Blue Dart wanted me to open the packaging and show them what was inside and they promptly packed it back in front of me properly and used their proprietary Blue Dart tape to seal the box from all sides.

With DTDC, I had sent a couple of insured consignments (a Nokia cellphone and an iPhone) and they never asked me to open the packaging and show them what was inside. This might probably be because I was a frequent customer of theirs and they had their trust in me. Besides, I suppose all consignments undergoes a scan at the super franchisee/apex office.

PS: Can't we move all this OT discussion to some other thread? The OP's issue has been resolved.

Gannu said:
^It doesn't imply if you pack your goods well, it need not be insured. If the item is expensive, insure it - it might be slightly expensive but in the event of loss, you can claim a refund for the amount you had insured the consignment for. I have faced a similar instance when I had to ship an iPod Touch to a member based in Bangalore. Although he had insisted on using Blue Dart instead of DTDC. Blue Dart wanted me to open the packaging and show them what was inside and they promptly packed it back in front of me properly and used their proprietary Blue Dart tape to seal the box from all sides.
The bolded bit is the main point, you need not bother packaging something if you want to insure it ibecause you can only do the packing in the couriers office after they see the contents. That means you need to take some of that with you to the office or they have adequate materials to help you with it there already.

Do I take it that insurance isn't possible if you call for a pickup. Have to go to the office if you expect to insure the package ?
Gannu said:
With DTDC, I had sent a couple of insured consignments (a Nokia cellphone and an iPhone) and they never asked me to open the packaging and show them what was inside. This might probably be because I was a frequent customer of theirs and they had their trust in me. Besides, I suppose all consignments undergoes a scan at the super franchisee/apex office.
Right, so there is a degree of familairity required to waive the requirement to open before ensuring.

Gannu said:
PS: Can't we move all this OT discussion to some other thread? The OP's issue has been resolved.
Not OT, its to do with packing stuff. If we start talking about our favourite dish then it would be OT :)

Rememebr a discussion forum is about conversations, a help forum is about question -answer. Now i'm under the impression that TE claims to be the former rather than the more dry latter.

What ppl are still interested about is in ensuring this does not happen to them and how to prevent it. Proper packaging & insurance is the key issue here.

Gannu said:

Awesome mate, OP's issue has been resolved, you are a mod, so please lock this thread. Don't care about the Mainak's loss since OP got his money, hence show is off and all viewers should go away.

Am I correct? Since this is only what I can conclude from your statement marked in bold. I just want you to ask one thing : how can you guys be so selfish?

^ Nobody is saying to stop the discussion. Please don't make mountain out of molehill by taking that "bolded" statement out of context.

Gannu is simply implying that we should move the OT discussion to different thread. How is all the discussion about packing ideas, courier experiences are helping the Seller exactly? I don't see anything about LOCKING down this thread in Gannu's post. This thread should stick to discussing about how we can help the seller in this mess with DTDC. He has learned the hard way about packing and declaring and insuring and I'm pretty sure that none of the ideas about packing this way or that way are actually helping him solving his issues with DTDC. I understand your sentiments as you know the seller personally and it's already established that Seller is indeed genuine and honest guy and he received the short end of the stick. But just like there were many members wrong in jumping to conclusions and labeling seller fraud, you are not doing anything different than them by your above post. Please be rational and read what Gannu wrote and then what you wrote with cool head and you'll get my point.

Coming back to the topic, I also agree that the OT discussion should be separated from this thread and probably be labeled as "Shipping guidelines, tips and courier facts". Maybe if there are good suggestions we should also make it sticky, like dealer or courier feedback threads. Let's keep the discussion in this thread focused on helping the seller with DTDC problem.

mayanksahni said:
Awesome mate, OP's issue has been resolved, you are a mod, so please lock this thread. Don't care about the Mainak's loss since OP got his money, hence show is off and all viewers should go away.

Am I correct? Since this is only what I can conclude from your statement marked in bold. I just want you to ask one thing : how can you guys be so selfish?
All I see is a lot of OT posts in the thread related to shipping, insurance, couriers, bullet-proof packaging etc. I wanted them to be moved out to a separate thread and keep this thread clean and relate only to the seller and OP's cause.

blr_p said:
Do I take it that insurance isn't possible if you call for a pickup. Have to go to the office if you expect to insure the package ?

Depends on the courier you use. It is possible for a pickup too - you need to tell them that you need to ship the consignment insured

Right, so there is a degree of familairity required to waive the requirement to open before ensuring.

Your franchisee may waive off opening up the package but they DO check packages randomly at the regional office or apex. So, at the end it's your luck.

So, suppose you didn't declare a costly item properly, while checking at the regional office they find it, if the guy doing the checking is greedy or is dishonest he can flick the item and replace with a piece of brick. Imagine when you receive the package - you can't do anything. This is just an example - happening this at a Regional office is very very remote. These things generally happens at the franchisee level. So, knowing your franchisee people helps here.But with proper packaging - they will know that you know you business and not a noob. Also, recently all the courier offices that I visited I told them about two theft that is recently reported on TE and how they were tracked down and the concerned person "arrested" :) (nothing harms anybody with a little story). Just to make them aware that I know my business.

Not OT, its to do with packing stuff. If we start talking about our favourite dish then it would be OT :)

What ppl are still interested about is in ensuring this does not happen to them and how to prevent it. Proper packaging & insurance is the key issue here.

My answers are in bold.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
All I see is a lot of OT posts in the thread related to shipping, insurance, couriers, bullet-proof packaging etc. I wanted them to be moved out to a separate thread and keep this thread clean and relate only to the seller and OP's cause.

Yes do that - keep only the posts related to this deal in this thread - but don't close the thread. Any OT post may be reported by the members.

I bought a Item on ebay.The seller shipped the item on 17/06/2011.(from Mumbai)

Still i haven't received the Item.Sent lot of emails,but no response from DTDC.

I used DTDC for nearly 100 times,but this is my First bad experience with them.

Dare Devil said:
I bought a Item on ebay.The seller shipped the item on 17/06/2011.(from Mumbai)
Still i haven't received the Item.Sent lot of emails,but no response from DTDC.
I used DTDC for nearly 100 times,but this is my First bad experience with them.
If it were deo/soap, then forget.. it's no longer yours.. had already experienced this..

Back