La Tomatina in India

avi

Skilled
Hope you guys heard of this event. It is spreading like fire in facebook & everyone is behaving as if they are going to Mars by attending this.

More than 50,000 people will be attending this [as per FB stat] & fee is 1200 INR & for students it is 900 INR.

So much waste of tomatoes ! And few of my friends also attending it, but may be just me who is thinking about big picture :eek:hyeah:

1200 * 50000 = 6 Crores ! :O

The event is on 18th September & I am sure the no. will be around 1 lakh by then.

Links -

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=148454175239747

http://latomatina.co.in/

http://tinyurl.com/3qptmvr

Against it. Such a waste of tomatoes, when a good portion of our population die just from hunger. :| Can you imagine how many tonnes of tomatoes will be absolutely wasted in this event?

seriously against it , with the food inflation up , such a waste of tomatoes :(

what are tomatoes not fit for consumption? nonsense

^^ i am not supporting or anything but from their facebook page "Please Note: We are acquiring tomatoes which are not edible(not fit for consumption)"

IMO its a absurd idea ....

Yup, I agree with you. I assume each person would be using minimum 20 tomatoes[or more ?], just calculate the no.

and here what organizers say :

"Please Note: We are acquiring tomatoes which are not edible(not fit for consumption)"

from there RSVP message.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@rahul - ninja'ed

In a country where 100' thousands of people sleep with hunger died due to hunger this is total waste of TOMATO & MONEY too, though I'm not against any recreation activity but be sure to DONATE 10% of your total expenses for hungry people.

Rahul said:
^^ i am not supporting or anything but from their facebook page "Please Note: We are acquiring tomatoes which are not edible(not fit for consumption)"

IMO its a absurd idea ....

if not good for consumption how it's good for your body (skin) eye, ear & every part of your body where the tomato juice with pulp might STICK :eek: :null: :eek:

and here is what they say :

Bisket says, “Even when we buy for household consumption, the shelf life of tomatoes is not long so we throw them into the garbage. We did have people saying why are you wasting food, but the flipside is, we are using it for fun.”

Want to know what he is smoking :|

Which is why said that films like ZNMD suck, just like a fking spain tour.

I'll make a similar Barcelona travelogue and start La Bull Runa or something like that and charge 2K for people being chased by wild bulls. So easy aping the west without considering the reality of our nation.

^ Actually tomatoes are supposed to be good for the skin. :p

Anyways, do they seriously want us to believe when they say the tomatoes that will be used are not edible? I mean, how the hell are they going to find so many rotten tomatoes? :|

Utter waste of food and money. Rather than spending money AND wasting tomatoes at the same time, why not donate those 1.2k somewhere else.

Tsk tsk tsk, such a major waste of food.

AFAIK tomatos damaged are given to factories making ketchup and other liquid tomato based preps. Why waste it to the tune of hundreds of tons?

GunsNRoses said:
It is sickening how many "wannabe" kind of people there really are in this country.

Agree with you. and my friend says "It's my money, why the f you care ?" :| Such attitude !

Back