La Tomatina in India

Such dumbass FOOLS

Simply imitating west (Europe in this case)

And by doing that ...they feel that they are cooler than others....The same people get their asses kicked(racially abused) when they step out of their country

chiron said:
Another fad that's becoming more and more popluar these days is to sit around passing judgement on others.

lol , if we cant pass judgement , might as well stop discussing things and have a point of view :p

Forget about having fun.
Forget about aping the west.
Forget about the poor and needy.

The average entrance fee is 5 euros for an event like this in europe and elsewhere where its regularily held. 5 euros is the equivalent of two regular meals in said countries.

We pay Rs.1200/- or the equivalent of 30 regular meals in our country :O

Dammit!!! Someone else beat me to this gold-mine :mad:

Rs. 1200 is a justified price if you get to imagine yourself as Hritik Roshan or Katrina Kaif, holidaying in Spain for a few minutes.

BTW, I'm in for a "Bull chase".:eek:hyeah:

I'm thinking of starting a unique reality sports show where you will be chased by alligators up a river. Just 5k + swimming skills needed to participate. Of course participants will sign a clause which says we are not responsible if they end up as breakfast or lunch for the reptiles, and we could make some more moolah by insuring the race too.

In a free country you are entitled to do what you want :D . Be it imitating the west by participating in La Tomatina or buying gaming equipments or posting in forums or conversing over the internet .

6pack said:
I'm thinking of starting a unique reality sports show where you will be chased by alligators up a river. Just 5k + swimming skills needed to participate. Of course participants will sign a clause which says we are not responsible if they end up as breakfast or lunch for the reptiles, and we could make some more moolah by insuring the race too.

I will help you to the fullest.

6pack said:
Were do I sign up for helping organize it?

I am 200% sure.

This time tomato production had been bumper and sarad pawar have financed this idea with his out of box thinking.

I bet!

So, looking at the thread, it seems most of the people at TE want to regulate how other people spend their money ...

therefore, is it logical to assume that most of TE wants communism?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

IMO the correct solution would be to put an entertainment or luxury tax on this event

mehrotra.akash said:
So, looking at the thread, it seems most of the people at TE want to regulate how other people spend their money ...

therefore, is it logical to assume that most of TE wants communism?

Na dude,common sense and history

La tomantino was started because spain had too much excess production of tomato and even their neighbors were not ready to take the excess.Hence the out of box idea came out.

Now can you give us one reason why should be this replicated in our country when we all know its one of our staple diet item after potato.And such wastage will only increase its price when already inflation is out of peoples hand.

Its like the rich doing show off as they just want to enjoy with the money they have.Our country is democratic but you cant just do indirect crime towards the poor.

MAGNeT said:
Na dude,common sense and history

La tomantino was started because spain had too much excess production of tomato and even their neighbors were not ready to take the excess.Hence the out of box idea came out.

Now can you give us one reason why should be this replicated in our country when we all know its one of our staple diet item after potato.And such wastage will only increase its price when already inflation is out of peoples hand.

Its like the rich doing show off as they just want to enjoy with the money they have.Our country is democratic but you cant just do indirect crime towards the poor.

but, the same logic can be applied for shutting down malls, multiplexes and even AC's in peoples homes

mehrotra.akash said:
but, the same logic can be applied for shutting down malls, multiplexes and even AC's in peoples homes
Malls are not cheaper(on contrary it increases competition and reduces profit margin to get object cheaper) ,multiplexes doesn't hit single screen if one has less cash in hand.

Nor do Ac use causes poor to pay higher price for using electricity.But wastage and pilferage like this does.

MAGNeT said:
Malls are not cheaper(on contrary it increases competition and reduces profit margin to get object cheaper) ,multiplexes doesn't hit single screen if one has less cash in hand.

Nor do Ac use causes poor to pay higher price for using electricity.But wastage and pilferage like this does.

I was coming from the perpetual electricity shortage issue...

but yes, your point is correct

mehrotra.akash said:
I was coming from the perpetual electricity shortage issue...

but yes, your point is correct

Electric shortage is not because one uses excess electricity.Even say for 1 day no person in metro uses electricity than also the grid can fail as demand and supply difference voltage not maintained which might crash the grid causing 3-7 days of no electricity.The shortage of electricty reason is different mostly political and once election are around its there but as soon as voting ends electricity goes.ALso why are free electricity distributed to sugar mills in MAH where i stay when all always shows loss in books but leaders who endorse these mills have merc,bmw and audis.

Regarding luxury tax.Well i am pretty sure that might have been applied.But personally even i dont endorse it.1k for ticket even 40% tax.than 400

A person paying 1k for this wont find wrong in paying 400 extra.

I am worried if one such idea becomes hit more such parties will start such events.They dont have to think much after all they will increase their already 500% inflated beverages price.

Back