Land Acquisition Bill

I will be happier as a tax paying citizen to see my money being used to save the lives of the farmer's who are in distress. Of course this has to be a one time effort but far better than corrupt business.
Farmers loans were written off i think in 2008 when they had a similar problem. There i s no one time, its on an as needed basis from time to time.

The idea that business creates millions of jobs is bullshit and one only needs to look at the developed countries of US, Europe and now China to understand the truth.
if govt provides an enabling environment, business can do a lot. India wallowing at the bottom of ease of doing business according to the world bank does not help things.

US is coming out of the slump, EU has not yet. China is still doing well in terms of economy. whether it will have soft or hard landing in the future is debatable.

What BS are you referring to ? everybody likes to bang the US but they are always the first out of an recession and then end up over consuming. booms and busts are cyclical.

One should read a little bit of Joseph Stiglitz, Paul Krugman to actually understand the economics (or lack of economics) about so many of our modern day business fundamentals.
Don't limit to yourself to statists alone.

Capital in the 21st Century is a fantastic book that exposes the hype behind the ridiculous 7-8% growth theories with actual numbers for the past 3 centuries which is impossible to disprove.
what hype is that. growth rate is simply goods & services created + investment for the given year compared to the previous.

A Land Acquisition Bill is necessary but then adequate compensation for farmer's is also necessary and from what I see in the modern world that sadly will not be true.
it will be better than in the past. unbelievable amount of FUD created by the opposition to confuse everyone.

Last edited:
@blr_p The hype is the number 7%. the world never grows at that rate. That is why you will have to read very detailed stuff to be able to make comments.
I did not get your comment about - statistics you are telling me that 2 nobel prize winners and a third who might end up as the economist of the century is not good enough.

May I know whom do you refer to?

@blr_p The hype is the number 7%. the world never grows at that rate. That is why you will have to read very detailed stuff to be able to make comments.
Are you questioning the new figures for growth rate that the statistics dept recently revised.

jan 30 we had certain growth rate then the next day it jumped ?

I did not get your comment about - statistics you are telling me that 2 nobel prize winners and a third who might end up as the economist of the century is not good enough.

May I know whom do you refer to?
Statist not statistics :)

Both are statist meaning they tend to favour left of centre policies ie state intervention over market forces. There are times when market cannot do anything and state has to intervene and there are times state should butt out and let the market operate.

Tends to oscillate as economy booms and busts, pendulum keeps swinging as the political mood.

Politics determines policy, who is in charge, what their orientation is. Its not always clear cut, its possible to see so called right wing parties using left wing policy and vice versa.

Last edited:
Back