Monitors LCD Screen Wipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by superczar
I tried some wet wipes for my LCDs (Corporate Express make) and noticed that they leave streak marks that I finally needed to clean up with the microfibre again

THAT'S NOT GOOD !!! SCARY !!!

Not scary...they don't ;eave any permanent scratch marks...just the fluid leaving some marks when it dries off :p

my laptop scrren is a dirt magnet since i regularly use it while travelling, so i have tried all sorts of methods...
And teh microfibre (and once ina awhile, microfibre + some clean water ) treatment works the best
At times, when i can't find a microfiber cloth, a clean vest (the Rupa ki Ganjee style, not the ribbed ala Jockey style) also works very well if used carefully

gee im at office n teh office boys use colin all teh time to clean the screen,no issues things seem much fine here,what bad experiences have u guys had with

Colin contains ammonia based solvents

They won't have a bad effect on the glass coated CRT screens, but try using that on a LCD and see what happens :p

superczar said:
Colin contains ammonia based solvents

They won't have a bad effect on the glass coated CRT screens, but try using that on a LCD and see what happens :p

spare us the suspence please.... :p

@Eazy

can the micro-fiber cloth be used to clean my processor HSF with iso-propyl alcohol ? I am not able to find "lint free" cloth so am looking for something to clean it bfore i use AS5 on it. do lemme know. thanks.

mohit said:
@Eazy
can the micro-fiber cloth be used to clean my processor HSF with iso-propyl alcohol ? I am not able to find "lint free" cloth so am looking for something to clean it bfore i use AS5 on it. do lemme know. thanks.

The Microfiber cloth will be too expensive to use to clean the GOOP off a heat sink as the cloth cannot be reused after the GOOP gets transferred to it.... unless your last name is Ambani or Tata ..... If one of these is your last name you can buy Microfiber cloth by the meter :D

Use an old vest - I do that.

hehe .. thanks for the tip Eazy .. btw i dont wear vests .. so ill have to buy a brand new one for it. lol. ill get good ol jockey.

mohit said:
hehe .. thanks for the tip Eazy .. btw i dont wear vests .. so ill have to buy a brand new one for it. lol. ill get good ol jockey.

New ones are not recommended as they are stiff and can cause scratches. They have to be worn out and old to become soft enough to use..... err... and SMELLY too :D

If you want I will see if I have an old (smelly) vest lying around which I can send you - I only use Jockey vests. :rofl:

@hunt3r - that Photograpghy cloth too will work out to be expensive as they sell them in small pieces.

I only use Jockey vests.

yeesh noo...the plain old Rupa ki ganjee style vests workl a lot better :p than the Jockey ribbed ones....

spare us the suspence please....

Ammonia based glass cleaners will leave the screen leaving clean the first few times around, but after a while, you'll see a distinct clouding of the screen

thanks eazy .. u get a rep. now i know what to go out and buy.
EDIT : No reps sorry. reputation system sucks. baah. says i have to spread some reputation before i can rep u again. your reps will be given when i get the chance.

Mohit- u don't have to buy a new vest and wash it thrice to use it!!:rofl:

Just scoot with one of your, or your Mom's or Dad's old but only pure cotton hankies!!:p

When cotton or linen is old, hardly any lint left to shed!!:cool2:

Colin will get rid of the anti reflective coating on New CRTs while they are still New!!:p
God save the LCDs!!:mad:
Read manufacturer's guidelines booklet- says stay away from ammonia based surface cleaners or something like that!!:cool2:
Didn't check Colin contents but surely smells like ammonia+perfume!!:p

And the secret of my Ganjee wipe!!
Used the Holey 'Gopal' Banians from calcutta in school- not large hole type but smaller ones!!:p
Ridiculed badly!!:mad:

Once in junior college, shifted to VIP- sucks:mad: - coz they sag when wet with sweat!!

In engg, went over to 'Jockey'- Ribbed- as i had more pocket money!!:p
Also they cling well- really good fit 24x7- come rain or shine!!:hap2:

Asked Dad to get me a Jockey vest after my accident and he got a non ribbed one!!
But didnt use it- Dad used it along with his 'Holey' ones!!:rofl:

Now i use it for u know what!!:cool2:

p.s. Eazy- Buddy- the non rbbed banian tag got snipped corner!!;) :cool2:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
the non rbbed banian tag got snipped corner!!

YUP ....maybe because now Mumbai is hot and humid and my sweat glands are in overclocked mode :D

Seriously ... blame that on the washing machine !!! :mad:

I normally don't wear vests. When I do, its Rupa ki Baniyan.

Remember that ditty on MTV? It had Vinay do shero-shayari:-

Agar tum Rupa ki baniyan pehenoge,

Agar tum,
Rupa ki baniyan pehenoge

Agar,
tum Rupa ki baniyan pehenoge
to rupa kya pehenegi??

Back