Monitors LCD Screen Wipes

Kuantum said:
Don't forget to buy distilled water together with isopropyl alcohol from the same chemcial shop... :)

If tap water is used for mixing the cleaning process will again leave markings after drying which happens quite quickly...

Oh...I was under the impression that one would not use water at all if isopropyl alcohol was used :S ?

well the topic is still relevant so whats wrong with that ? :p

please avoid going OT in threads like that though

@sydras

Not advisable to use highly concentrated isopropyl alcohol.

Involuntary vapor inhalation can lead to really unpleasant side effects so need to be careful.

50% concentration is sufficient for a 1:1 distilled water mix to clean LCD screen.

60% concentration or higher requires more distilled water mix.

Kuantum said:
Not advisable to use highly concentrated isopropyl alcohol.

Involuntary vapor inhalation can lead to really unpleasant side effects so need to be careful.

50% concentration is sufficient for a 1:1 distilled water mix to clean LCD screen.

60% concentration or higher requires more distilled water mix.

What about when using isopropyl alcohol to clean GOOP off Heat Sinks and CPU's, is it advisable to dilute it for this use too ?

@Eazy

surface area of heatsinks & cpu not comparable to LCD screen

Using spray bottle in case of LCD screen cleaning spreads fine vapours which can be inhaled easily even if one is careful. :(

Consistent isopropyl alcohol spread on Jockey Vest (Combed Cotton) :) or microfibre is essential to the LCD cleaning process which is normally done with spray bottle.

u can get away with highly concentrated solution to add a nice gleam to heatsinks. No diluting necessary. :) Since even the 70% solution is nearly 30% diluted when purchased its not advisable that this stuff come in contact with electrically conductive parts of cpu or gpu. Clean only the die area and nothing around it in case of gpu. LGA775 CPU already manufacured with heat spreaders on top so no probs there. Acetone is better for cleaning heatsink compound but expensive.

Addendum my earlier post #71. Spraying 2 much of this solution onto the screen may trickle down into LCD buttons and other gaps which can't be good!!!

a 1:1 mix of Isoproply alchohol is usually used to remove waxes as well as dilute oils w/o affecting the surface

So i guess it can be used to clean fingerprints as well :p

Kuantum said:
u can get away with highly concentrated solution to add a nice gleam to heatsinks. No diluting necessary. :) Since even the 70% solution is nearly 30% diluted when purchased

This is what I got, does the 99.7% indicate the concentration of the Alcohol in the solution ?

Yes that's a lab grade chemical. Got the same specification but manufacturer is RANKEM. Asked for highest concentration and got this.

Eazy said:
Just last week I got a 500ml bottle of GR grade Isopropyl Alcohol made by Merck (they are one of the high quality chemical makers) for around 300/- from a chemical shop in Dava Bazaar in Mumbai.

raul said:
Saw a kit at some camera shop on MG road, 650 bucks! That's robbery.

This is wat i get, usually
dscf4176resize2ng2.jpg

This is wat i pay:
dscf4180resize2my8.jpg

I cud get a li'l discount perhaps if i bargain hard, but 160 bucks once in 4 years is kinda OK.. :D

Back