Monitors LCD Screen Wipes

zhopudey said:
to rupa kya pehenegi??

I knew this vests thingy would come back to haunt me :ashamed:

.....the answer to the question is simple the vest of the man busy riding the horse - JOCKEY

need a lil help...this morning my mom cleaned my lcd with sum stupid amway glass cleaning liquid...it has left damn streak marks:mad: :( ....

what do I use to clean those up ?

will microfibre cloth do the job ? wat kind of shop would stock microfibre colth ? is there ne hindi name for it that I can tell a shopkeeper wen askin' for it ?:huh:

m1n0r said:
need a lil help...this morning my mom cleaned my lcd with sum stupid amway glass cleaning liquid...it has left damn streak marks:mad: :( ....
what do I use to clean those up ?
will microfibre cloth do the job ? wat kind of shop would stock microfibre colth ? is there ne hindi name for it that I can tell a shopkeeper wen askin' for it ?:huh:

My wife is an Amway agent - I asked her and she said that Amway will guide you what to do if you phone them. Did your Mom use the Amway Zoom liquid on the screen ? If this happened to my LCD I would first dry use a damp cloth with clean water to clear the marks - dont let water dry on the screen or you will have more marks.

IMO The Microfibre cloth will not help in clearing up these marks.

^^ no, actually a diluted version of the See Spray...

the bottle of the concentrate looks like this :-

So, you're saying that I should clean em with a damp cloth & not let the water dry...as in I should wipe the water with a dry cloth then ?

PS : Do u by ne chance have a contact no. for Amway ? the stuff I have is pretty old...Pkd...02/98..lol

m1n0r said:
^^ no, actually a diluted version of the See Spray...
So, you're saying that I should clean em with a damp cloth & not let the water dry...as in I should wipe the water with a dry cloth then ?

PS : Do u by ne chance have a contact no. for Amway ? the stuff I have is pretty old...Pkd...02/98..lol

DA BOSS LADY says that See Spray is only for glass and having used it on the Plasticky LCD screen you are likely to have problems.... YUP dry the water off with a soft clean dry cloth. BUT WAIT talk to Amway first.

The Amway phone number is 5668 1500

stormblast said:
should colin be used or no?

don't use that at all.... I've found colin leaves some sort of a tinge on the glass after awile, talking about a CRT monitor.... just keep it for those mirrors :p

i just use a lint free cloth and wipe the LCD till either the stain fades away or my hand is too tired to move lol....

stormblast said:
ok what cleaning liquid is needed along with the lint free cloth? also where will i get that.

Arre yaar..... see, the point is you need to kind of gently buff the surface and not wipe or rub it. Now what you can use is a good lawrence and mayo lens cleaning fluid, but not the cheap sh1t most opticians sell (reddish looking liquid) as that is harsher, meant for hard glass unlike the LCD's softer surface.

Better still use clean water (just a bit) and then use a very soft old banian, or the optician wala cloth (sort of a chamfer type material) to clean.

Don't wipe, don't use circular motions at first, later on when the dust and particles are off the screen, and you want to remove smudges, then rotate the cloth and use circular buffing motions like you were polishing, but very softly.... Do this for around 2-3 minutes, point is you need to be patient....

jeez...did I just write all that :rofl:

vandal said:
Arre yaar..... see, the point is you need to kind of gently buff the surface and not wipe or rub it. Now what you can use is a good lawrence and mayo lens cleaning fluid, but not the cheap sh1t most opticians sell (reddish looking liquid) as that is harsher, meant for hard glass unlike the LCD's softer surface.

Better still use clean water (just a bit) and then use a very soft old banian, or the optician wala cloth (sort of a chamfer type material) to clean.

Don't wipe, don't use circular motions at first, later on when the dust and particles are off the screen, and you want to remove smudges, then rotate the cloth and use circular buffing motions like you were polishing, but very softly.... Do this for around 2-3 minutes, point is you need to be patient....

jeez...did I just write all that :rofl:

good our homies or good.

and what r going to do with all that gfx card

Back