Video LCD TV Buyin Dilemma

knoughtyd

Skilled
My dad wants a new LCD TV...and I have 4 contenders for it...:) within a Budget of 50k

Philips 32PFL7762D/12

32PFL7762D/12 - Flat TV - TVs - Televisions - Philips

Samsung-Bordeaux Art LA32R81B

LA32R81B LCD TV - television SAMSUNG

LG 32LC7

LCD TV, Plasma TV,Colour Television, Audio Video,Computer Products,Mobile Phone,Refrigerator, Washing Machine,Vacuum Cleaner,Microwave Oven,Air Conditioner, CAC Products by LG Electronics India

Sony KLV-32S310A/B

Sony India : KLV-32S310A (KLV32S310A) : Details

I personally prefer goin for Sony:) but Dad wants a Samsung...:p

Added Philips since I have heard gr8 reviews abt it and added LG coz of this offer

LG-32LC7R + Home theatre:: Offer Price - Rs 44,990*
and since this seems a gr88 deal LG mite just chuck out others...:p

other than the deal which to go for....:huh:

yogi1771 said:
There is a 32 inch Lg Plasma tv here is the linkCompare India - Televisions - LG-32PC5RV

wow...a 32" plasma but y didnt LG India show it on its website...:S

Is it tat it hasnt been launched yet here...:huh:

EDIT:

While searching found this....

LG-32PC5RV is latest 32 inch plasma TV with EDTV resolution 852 x 480 pixels is good for normal TV viewing and not so good for DVD Movies as it is 480p. While LG-32LC7R and LG-32LB9R are LCD TVs with better resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels and capable of displaying 720p images, which means good performance from DVD Movies. Since you have a budget of Rs 50,000 we would advise you to consider LCD TVs from Sony, Samsung or Sharp here are some of the models Sony KLV-32V300A, Sharp-LC-32BX6M and Samsung-Bordeaux Art LA32R81B.

Ask the Expert

if this is the case then tat means LG's are almost out & now Its a fight btwn Sony n Samsung

Forget about 32LC7 first. It gets outperformed by the rest of the pack.

Take your pick between samsung R81 and Sony 32S310. Both are good. Sony is slightly better for normal TV viewing. Bravia engine is really superior to any other out there at the moment for normal TV viewing.

Both of them will be great for pc / HD content.

Funky said:

Could you pls give more details like how it gets outperformed..

Because its specs are very impressive like 5ms response and higher contrast ratio. I'm considering the 37inch model for myself.

Funky said:
Take your pick between samsung R81 and Sony 32S310. Both are good. Sony is slightly better for normal TV viewing. Bravia engine is really superior to any other out there at the moment for normal TV viewing.

Both of them will be great for pc / HD content.
i guess i will have to tell him to settle for Sony but i guess he has fallen for Samsung's looks;)

even if he goes for Samsung,wud dere be sumting abt it tat i wud have to regret later on for decidin on Sony:(

knoughtyd said:
Is this the Panasonic Viera which was available along with xbox360 sometime ago. for abt 50k..;)

wats its price..?

Its viera, but the LCD which was given in offer with Xbox360 was different one. What I mentioned is a new model. It costs around 55k for the LCD alone.

jaber said:
Could you pls give more details like how it gets outperformed..

Because its specs are very impressive like 5ms response and higher contrast ratio. I'm considering the 37inch model for myself.

on paper specification dont mean everything.
Go and see 32LC7 next to R81 or 32S310 and you will immediately know what I am talking about. 32LC7 with tatasky feed looks like bloated POS with oversaturated washed out colors. I fiddled with its settings in eZone for 15 mins trying different thing, but it never looked as good as 32S310.
5ms response time is equally misleading technical specification.
And Dynamic Contrast ratio means jack. In the end its on screen contrast ratio that matters.

Just go and have a look at nearest eZone or croma or vijay sales outlet yourself.

Funky said:
on paper specification dont mean everything.
Go and see 32LC7 next to R81 or 32S310 and you will immediately know what I am talking about. 32LC7 with tatasky feed looks like bloated POS with oversaturated washed out colors. I fiddled with its settings in eZone for 15 mins trying different thing, but it never looked as good as 32S310.
5ms response time is equally misleading technical specification.
And Dynamic Contrast ratio means jack. In the end its on screen contrast ratio that matters.

Just go and have a look at nearest eZone or croma or vijay sales outlet yourself.

thanx man for advice:)

knoughtyd said:
damn it got quite kool features....:D
Is it available in India coz Panasonic India hasnt Listed itVIERA Plasma TV & LCD TV
damn now Panasonic also comes into the picture...Confusion,confusion....:S

Its available in India, one of I my friend checked it in the shop and told me that This is the best 32" LCD available in India. It seems its much better than sony and LG.

see the below links:
Compare India - Televisions - Panasonic-TX-32LX700
http://www.futurebazaar.com/b2c_fut...y=&contractitemkey=&ztotal=6&comefrom=Product

Back