Video LCD TV Buyin Dilemma

i did a comparo between 32inch V and S series Sony LCD TVs and found them to be similar in performance! i dunno why V is expensive by 5K....

just refer to this page for a comparison which itself indicates that both are more or less the same:-

Sony India : V Series

my advice.... dont waste money on V series till the time u are lookin at 40inch n above where V series has 10-bit panels.

i think the diff is cause of the swivel screen.. it depends on a persons needs, if he needs a swivel screen a 3-4k's is a small price to pay for it..!!

I had decided to buy S series but when I actually compared these two at various showrooms, I came to know that the colours on V series are really deep and accurate. I tired various settings on S series but it could not match with V series. So I brought the V series instead. :)
There is also a Theatre mode in V which I find very handy while watching downloaded movies. And off course the Swivel Screen is also useful.

remcy007 said:
I had decided to buy S series but when I actually compared these two at various showrooms, I came to know that the colours on V series are really deep and accurate. I tired various settings on S series but it could not match with V series. So I brought the V series instead. :)
There is also a Theatre mode in V which I find very handy while watching downloaded movies. And off course the Swivel Screen is also useful.

are u sure the V series as a swivel screen because my klV-32V300A doesnt swivel.

adder said:
are u sure the V series as a swivel screen because my klV-32V300A doesnt swivel.

Thats strange!!!! Mine came with a Swivel Stand. It can turn close to 45 degree on both side, but thats good enough for me..

remcy007 said:
Thats strange!!!! Mine came with a Swivel Stand. It can turn close to 45 degree on both side, but thats good enough for me..

well i guess i havent applied much force to swivel it,so u mean the stand stays stationary and the lcd swivels ,by the way all KLV-32V300A have the same stand.

There is no real picture quality difference on screen between 32S310 and 32V300.

The later is suppose to have better ccfl but honestly i was not able to make out any difference.

If you did see any difference between S and V series 32 inch you must be comparing 32S200 to 32V300. 32S200 is phased out model but still many showrooms have some pieces left.

Or the 32V300 must have been in Theater mode ( which is also there in 32S310).

The biggest advantage of 32V300 is the stand, thats it. Otherwise picture quality wise they are both same.

Also when you go to showroom request a remote and reset all TV to factory settings before you start comparing :p

If stand is not an issue or you plan to wallmount your TV, get 32S310.

Hey , I did a lot of research on this 32 inches and 40 inch stuff .. and the best I have read and liked is the D series 32 inches with motion blur reduction technology which is not there in V series .. what i mean is if there is a fast action sequence the motion in a V series would blur but in the D or w or X series this problem does not exist .. you can obser it when you watch NDTV or CNBC and the scrolling text at the bottom .. with V series .. the text is stretched like a rubber band a the edges where as in the D series this is not the case .. Toshiba has this tech already in their low end LCD and they are good too.

check it out

Cosx

cosx said:
Hey , I did a lot of research on this 32 inches and 40 inch stuff .. and the best I have read and liked is the D series 32 inches with motion blur reduction technology which is not there in V series .. what i mean is if there is a fast action sequence the motion in a V series would blur but in the D or w or X series this problem does not exist .. you can obser it when you watch NDTV or CNBC and the scrolling text at the bottom .. with V series .. the text is stretched like a rubber band a the edges where as in the D series this is not the case .. Toshiba has this tech already in their low end LCD and they are good too.

check it out

Cosx

yes no doubt D series is better but it costs 12000 more ,and W300A series doesnt have motion flow.

D series has something called a 100 Hz display technology as opposed to 50 Hz usually found in other 32 inch tvs.

this causes less blur in fast moving images .Motionflo is just a glorified term for the 100hz display that Sony use

i believe there is 100Hz display in some other tvs too.

i want to buy a 32" tv ..m considering D series coz of the 100Hz display.

Are there any other tvs with 100 Hz display?

Back