Android LG Nexus 4 officially launching in India

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
Paranoid android rom with faux kernel.I dont really remember the stock battery.Should be around 3-4 hrs i think.Battery life on N4 is definitely not bad.The news spread during the initial days of 4.2 when drain during stand by was high.After 4.2.2 update,drain reduced significantly.
Stand by is one thing, so you got a ~20% boost.

The problem with reviews is they are static and once updates come out well, the reviewers have moved on to other devices. Meanwhile the impression sticks, like everything on the web, forever.

When something is called bad its usually relative to something else. So whether a device is good or bad depends on how well it performs out of the factory which is what a lot of people will do. The tweaks etc come after. The baseline starts to shift.

dexBG

still fishing
Adept
Oct 1, 2009
You did not address the battery life question ?

So presumably you have played about with ROMS and underclocking. how much difference did it make to the battery ?

I get by one work day .. but my usage is very heavy and still i've not moved away from a Stock ROM or Kernel. I have over 10 apps which are always-on Sync with HSPA+.

Battery life is more than enough for normal users.I get around 4-5hrs screen time.And all this without underclocking or undervolting.BDW using custom rom and kernel

Yes .. exactly I never felt the need to experiment with Custom ROMS or Kernels.

ROOT + Greenify does a good job.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
Interesting, i'll give the nexus 4 a second look. Right now, for me anyway, its up against the ZL.

Makes me wonder why one would get a nexus 4 in the first place if not to tinker around with it.

WTH did google not provide SD card support, where are you going to store all those HD videos your full hd recorder can do now. In terms of hard ware restrictions this is just like the iphone :(
At least the iphone does better on battery.

Which brings me to the next topic, camera. From what i've seen the videos seem a bit washed out compared to the competition. Can software address this at all ?

People go about over saturation but its quite appealing. The real clincher is sharpness of image and only good lenses will provide that.

dexBG

still fishing
Adept
Oct 1, 2009
I did a lot of fiddling with my Moto DEFY already and now having Stock AOSP built-in leaves very less to be desired in terms of usability. Rooting still allows for certain cosmetic modifications ..

Which brings me to the next topic, camera. From what i've seen the videos seem a bit washed out compared to the competition. Can software address this at all ?

People go about over saturation but its quite appealing. The real clincher is sharpness of image and only good lenses will provide that.

I edit/enhance my Pics in Picasa Software or let Google Plus do it for me. The HDR mode is pretty nice .. I prefer for taking all my still shots.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
I edit/enhance my Pics in Picasa Software or let Google Plus do it for me. The HDR mode is pretty nice .. I prefer for taking all my still shots.
Hah! you using post processing to enhance the photos. There is scope to improve things here.

I was wondering about the same thing for image stabilisation and came across this.

tutysara

Disciple
Feb 20, 2011
Did anyone bought the original Nexus 4 headphone? I couldn't find it in any online store I know, Is it available in any online store in India.