Linksys LN1301 - Group Buy from US

I was just reading a few reviews about this router, and a few users are complaining that Linksys is dumping this router to market as they are ending their Velop series. Either way, I am not complaining at this price. :p although the main advantage is custom firmware openwrt. But my whole mesh setup is on AsusMerlin (88u&68u). Don't know how this will fit into my setup. If not then will pass this to fellow TE members. :D

I was just reading a few reviews about this router, and a few users are complaining that Linksys is dumping this router to market as they are ending their Velop series. Either way, I am not complaining at this price. :p although the main advantage is custom firmware openwrt. But my whole mesh setup is on AsusMerlin (88u&68u). Don't know how this will fit into my setup. If not then will pass this to fellow TE members. :D
Or you can sell your asus Merlin mesh routers

I was previously using a TP-Link EAP-610 (ceiling mounted) and a EAP-615-Wall in my apartment, but was seeing lack of proper connectivity in one room.

I switched to two of these Linksys units, wired backhaul, stock firmware, just as APs, and the coverage is much better. Getting the plan speed and more all around the place, no drops, seamless roaming.

Definitely worth the money.

@cisco_tech In case you decide to pass it on , please count me in for the same. I am also looking to get the same.

Need to order a few more but shipping time on Amazon is abysmally long. Showing 1st November as earliest delivery.

No other sources right now, right?

Had got 2 units through a friend - no box. Tried to setup a mesh but not stable across floors. used for approx an hour. price 4500+shipping at cost. If anybody is interested pls dm me. Will ship on weekend
Why selling bro.. is it that bad . I thought I will ask my friend to bring it from US.

I received my pair yesterday evening. Will be setting it up and testing it today. I'll be performing WAN (fast.com) and LAN (OpenSpeedTest) tests over ethernet and wifi at various locations in my house in comparison with my existing Orbi RBK50 (AC3000 triband). If there are any other tests someone would like me to perform using the stock firmware, let me know.

• Are there any good signal strength apps on Android?
  • While setting up the mesh, if I only choose the Add Wired Node button, will the second 5ghz band be used for regular traffic? Or is it hardcoded to only be used for wireless backhaul?

I received my pair yesterday evening. Will be setting it up and testing it today. I'll be performing WAN (fast.com) and LAN (OpenSpeedTest) tests over ethernet and wifi at various locations in my house in comparison with my existing Orbi RBK50 (AC3000 triband). If there are any other tests someone would like me to perform using the stock firmware, let me know.

• Are there any good signal strength apps on Android?
  • While setting up the mesh, if I only choose the Add Wired Node button, will the second 5ghz band be used for regular traffic? Or is it hardcoded to only be used for wireless backhaul?
Wifi throughout is lower compared to my asus routers in my subjective testing at equal distance.

Using OpenWRT (NSS or FOSS Build), 5ghz 4x4 radio2 At 80Mhz width can only use Channel 149 or 165, and can only get up to 27dbm. Chancel 149 has marginally better throughput and latency than 165 due to lower power requirement.

On DDWRT I’m getting much better performance, close to ASUS, because at 80Mhz width I’m able to choose much lower channels, whose power requirement is also low.

Even though DDWRT is faster I’ll probably use openwrt since it has lots of additional apps and great software support. I can also create guest wifi on all my mx4300 APs via vlans. OpenWRT is very feature rich,but it does have a learning curve though.

Back