Budget 30-40k Long lasting Samsung/Apple phone around 35k

b33rus

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: 35k max

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Oled

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: any but 3 years update needed

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Chinese company phones

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: should last atleast 3 years, good speakers

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: iPhone 12(after it comes down in price when iPhone 14 launches), nothing phone 1, s20 FE(but it is almost 1.5 year old phone)

Not sure about s20FE. I have S20Plus and charging 2 times a day with power saving on throughout the day. No point spending a bomb if the mobile doesn't even last a day.
How old is the battery? I had this happen with my V20 in just a year and a half. Noticed the battery was slightly bloated but that is enough to cause a drain. But then i notice the new battery rises over ten degrees in temperature during a 15W charge. Ambient right now is 25 and the hottest it got was 38. That is a bit much.

I might go with a slower charger of 10W with the new battery.

Replace your S20+ battery?

I've seen the S20FE get a little over 5 degrees over ambient during the same 15W charge.

I checked the iphone 11 price history. It dropped by just 2000 to 49k in October which I'm guessing was during BBD? Lowest price is like 45k. The 40k amount you quoted, was it after card discounts?
That’s false, I have myself seen the iPhone 11 for sale less than 40k after card discount.

I know s20 fe is a good phone, but I don’t think it’s the right phone to use for the next 3-4 years as it will only get updates for 2 years max
Android 13 is its last OS update & that is the only con. OS upgrades don't add much these days anyways, so can use for 3 years easily IMO. Better buy a 35k now & another 35k phone after 3 years rather than a 70k phone now, considering poor flagship SoCs.

S20 fe 5g is not a great choice now. 865 already was not a very good soc and it's showing it's age, Plus there are some issues with it's wifi chipset which is really annoying in summer weather. Also, 35k is not a good price for it. (I had purchased mine for ~29k). Maybe check s21 fe 5g?

A52s 5G. Absolutely a stonker. With regular use, I get 2 days of battery life. Camera is okayish but so far updates have been spot on.

With adaptive powersaving it is even better. And looks pretty good too.

IP rating, 3.5mm jack are a superb bonus. Definitely a better proposition than A53.

S20 fe 5g is not a great choice now. 865 already was not a very good soc and it's showing it's age, Plus there are some issues with it's wifi chipset which is really annoying in summer weather. Also, 35k is not a good price for it. (I had purchased mine for ~29k). Maybe check s21 fe 5g?
S21fe in India comes with exynos processor. Not snapdragon. Btw, my one plus 8 has the same 865 soc. Never faced any problems with it.

A52s 5G. Absolutely a stonker. With regular use, I get 2 days of battery life. Camera is okayish but so far updates have been spot on.

With adaptive powersaving it is even better. And looks pretty good too.

IP rating, 3.5mm jack are a superb bonus. Definitely a better proposition than A53.
Yeah while I agree last year’s Samsung phones are way better than current ones, I’m concerned with the software upgrades that will be provided to last year phones which is lesser than what is needed for the long term use

Yeah while I agree last year’s Samsung phones are way better than current ones, I’m concerned with the software upgrades that will be provided to last year phones which is lesser than what is needed for the long term use
Samsung's updates have gotten incredibly good. My Note20 is on June update, same as my TabS6, and Tab S7+

If you think S865 was not good, you must not have seen how the performance of newer SoCs drops on sustained load, plus more heating & lower battery life:
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11285&idPhone2=11292
This might be the best comparison between S870 vs SD Gen 1, also check these throttling test numbers:
gsmarena_007.jpg
gsmarena_002.jpg

If you think S865 was not good, you must not have seen how the performance of newer SoCs drops on sustained load, plus more heating & lower battery life:
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11285&idPhone2=11292
This might be the best comparison between S870 vs SD Gen 1, also check these throttling test numbers:
gsmarena_007.jpg
gsmarena_002.jpg
The SD Gen 1 throttles to 57% and maintains a temperature of 50 C

The 870 throttles only to 79% and can withstand operations up to 68 C

That's strange. Why does one work at a higher temperature than the other? That is why it works faster or throttles less.

In a warmer climate wouldn't you prefer the Gen 1 to the 870?

The SD Gen 1 throttles to 57% and maintains a temperature of 50 C

The 870 throttles only to 79% and can withstand operations up to 68 C

That's strange. Why does one work at a higher temperature than the other? That is why it works faster or throttles less.

In a warmer climate wouldn't you prefer the Gen 1 to the 870?
Strange, just noticed, but GSMArena had this comment on 12X review:
Even better, after a long stress test, the Xiaomi 12X is usually warm but nowhere near as hot as the Xiaomi 12X. The warmest spot on the 12X is at the left side of the frame, but, again, it is not as hot as the 12. And this excellent behavior is one of the reasons we'd recommend the Xiaomi 12X instead of the vanilla 12 if we had to pick one.
https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_12x-review-2395p4.php

Back