Budget 0-20k Looking to buy a new ips monitor for browsing usage

So the Benq ew2480 is on sale now

Limited-time deal: BenQ EW2480 23.8" Eye-Care, Entertainment and Gaming Monitor, HDR, IPS, 3-Side Bezeless, FreeSync, 75Hz, Brightness Intelligence Plus, in-Built Speaker, Triple HDMI, FHD 1080P, ePaper, Eye Reminder https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YSVNJVG..._dl_Y3R6P4T00V4W1TNXF5VE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I am gonna grab it
If there are any last min suggestions then Please shoot

Waiting

Correction
Contacted @vaibhavyagnik ji and he suggested these two

LG 24 inch (60.4 cm) IPS Monitor - Full HD, with VGA, HDMI, Audio Out Ports, AMD Freesync, 75 Hz, Made in India - 24MP400 (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09GWBFCSN...abc_QNC22S71ASM0YRW6FM10?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Dell E2420HS 24 Inch (60.9 cm) FHD (1920 x 1080) LED Backlit LCD IPS Monitor with HDMI & VGA Display Ports and inbuilt Speaker https://www.amazon.in/dp/B084N8B9XB...abc_H33JBW1GVB08F91PXFSA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I feel the Lg one might prove far better and way economical

Might just grab that

Last edited:
Right so before purchasing I went to a local store and had a look at a few 24 inches monitor and realised, they are not that different to the one that I was already using.. Which was 21.5,
So i am in two minds, I feel if I am upgrading why not a 27 incher which can actually make me feel that I have upgraded, hence bothering you guys again.

Hence didn't order the lg 24 mentioned above.
Was also in talks with a couple of guys over at olx for a samsung curved 24 and a dell p series 24 too

Would it be too much to ask for some more suggestions about 27 inchers too, [emoji846]
My usage is browsing the internet for some research, some emailing, may be an hour or two of media consumption every now and then...

You folks were unanimous about the ew2780 though, any other options based on my usage in some lower price range.

Thanks in advance once again

Last edited:
I feel if I am upgrading why not a 27 incher which can actually make me feel that I have upgraded, hence bothering you guys again.
You're right 22" to 24" on 1080p is not an upgrade. I would suggest 27-32" category and with 1440p resolution. trust me 1080p on 27" looks BAD. Don't look for gaming features like high refresh rates or gsync etc. That's not really needed unless you play games at very high FPS for which you should have a super fast CPU and GPU as well.

You're right 22" to 24" on 1080p is not an upgrade. I would suggest 27-32" category and with 1440p resolution. trust me 1080p on 27" looks BAD. Don't look for gaming features like high refresh rates or gsync etc. That's not really needed unless you play games at very high FPS for which you should have a super fast CPU and GPU as well.
No gaming, if at all mat be just may be the rpg on Diablo 3
Otherwise 95 percent of the tines it pure productivity, emails, notes, browsing and some Netflix

Please suggest some models, as i believe amazon might put up a sale on black Friday..

Thanks for the insight. [emoji120]

Check out rtings and pcmonitors.info. If you're buying 27in+, get at least a 1440p monitor. Get one with good color reproduction and gradient handling(good gradients will prevent banding). I'm not sure if there are good VA monitors at this price range, but you can check them out for better blacks. Not sure if a higher refresh rate will look better, since I've never used a monitor with it.

Check out rtings and pcmonitors.info. If you're buying 27in+, get at least a 1440p monitor. Get one with good color reproduction and gradient handling(good gradients will prevent banding). I'm not sure if there are good VA monitors at this price range, but you can check them out for better blacks. Not sure if a higher refresh rate will look better, since I've never used a monitor with it.
I don't need for gaming
Any particular models with 27, 1440

Seems i may have to make do with a 24 incher seeing the prices [emoji17]

I am not sure if it matters, but I don't game and as my r5 1500 doesn't have display hence I used a few years old nvidia 1gb display card.

Was looking forward to some black Friday deals on the monitors jaye in India but nothing was they're hence my requirement still remittance unfulfilled.

Can anyone point me to done online deals on the good 24 inches ones work fhd and speakers and all.

for productivity purpose ( non media edit ) nothing can beat VA panel IMO.

There's plenty of VA panel monitors available on amazon - read some reviews and choose your pick.

Personally I'm using a VA monitor from BenQ - use it for everything be it gaming, trading or media editing and movie watching - never felt a bit of disappointment with this monitor.

Also with VA panel there's very less of backlight bleeding.

Okay
So flipkart has a sort of sale now.
Nothing good they're tbh or may be I am missing.
The benq ew2480 I still at 15990 and 27 incher benq ew2780 is at 17500.

Should i buy now or should I wait for the prices to come down a bit.

Was hoping for some reduction in price along with card discount not nada.

If you guys feel they're is sobering similar at a lower price then please do suggest.

Thanks
waiting eagerly

Do kindly make your suggestions....

Okay
So flipkart has a sort of sale now.
Nothing good they're tbh or may be I am missing.
The benq ew2480 I still at 15990 and 27 incher benq ew2780 is at 17500.

Should i buy now or should I wait for the prices to come down a bit.

Was hoping for some reduction in price along with card discount not nada.

If you guys feel they're is sobering similar at a lower price then please do suggest.

Thanks
waiting eagerly

Do kindly make your suggestions....
ew2480 price has been climbing steadily and only 2 left in stock on flipkart so I do not expect a price drop anytime soon. EW2780 has hovered within 1000 Rs. Range. Have look at this monitor

I've been looking at 4k monitors. For IPS, I think Dell s2721qs is the best. It's available for 300$ in America, but for some reason it's 45k here. Wonder if it'll fall. For VA, Dell s3221qs seems to be good but it's curved. There's a BenQ straight monitor too, but It isn't that bright and is quite old. Available for 31k on Amazon

Back