Lossless streaming service by Apple

Guys though this ma] not be the right place but i am looking for someone who can share his apple family subscription for apple music with me.
Will pay on quarterly basis of that matters

Would be thankful
Regards

Guys though this ma] not be the right place but i am looking for someone who can share his apple family subscription for apple music with me.
Will pay on quarterly basis of that matters

Would be thankful
Regards
Nyone

I would have as there is 1 empty slot available in my Family plan. But the problem is more than that since this is not just Music service that will be shared because the person has to be added in the Family means iCloud, Location, Purchase settings are also shared within the family. So it's a major Privacy leak. Hence I am not adding anyone on the Apple Family plan even though I am sharing my YouTube Premium and Netflix plan with others.

I know we can individually choose what can be shared among the Family members but I have not succeeded in that yet, maybe someone else can chime in.

@Nalin is right. You won't find anyone willing to share a slot in the family plan because of various other factors including the Shared payment method within the family for apps and rentals
The single rental is anyway 129 a month
He may be able to find one but there are many interdependencies here, for example there is a known friend of my brother whom I have added in our Family plan. She is using base iCloud plan costing 75 INR per month which is not shared with other Family members but since I am the organiser with the common shared Payment method, it gets charged from my card. I have tried turning off Shared payments setting but it hasn't worked so far.

He may be able to find one but there are many interdependencies here, for example there is a known friend of my brother that I have added in our Family plan. She is using base iCloud plan costing 75 INR per month which is not shared with other Family members but since I am the organiser with the common shared Payment method, it gets charged from my card. I have tried turning off Shared payments setting but it hasn't worked so far.
true- Close and known friends, possible.
On a web forum though...

I was offered 99 per month price for apple music post my 3 months trial which I promptly declined. My question is if it is so cheap why are you all considering saving 10s of rupees through a family plan and ll that hassle? Or does apple try to charge more, the more stuck and bound you're in their garden?

I was offered 99 per month price for apple music post my 3 months trial which I promptly declined. My question is if it is so cheap why are you all considering saving 10s of rupees through a family plan and ll that hassle? Or does apple try to charge more, the more stuck and bound you're in their garden?
Apple services are relatively cheap esp in India
A single 360 /- plan covers my family for music, arcade and cloud space.

I still dont get why this walled garden term though - its a lot easier to move out of Apple to say Google than vice versa

Everything is going above my head... Apple music will be lossless right?
However no iphones have the 3.5mm out.
You people think LDAC will make a huge difference with lossless wireless headphones like 1000XM4?
APM is nice sounding headphones compared to Sony's TOTL BTNC headphones despite having only AAC.
How many of you can distinguish between FLAC/ ALAC/ WAV and a good 320kbps MP3 rip from the same source CD, that too with wireless headphones.
In a world where 1000XM4 is considered a classic, lossless audio will be disappointing for most.
Love Tidal, using it for long time, no issues with Android app. But I'm a wired headphone person.

You people think LDAC will make a huge difference with lossless wireless headphones like 1000XM4?
APM is nice sounding headphones compared to Sony's TOTL BTNC headphones despite having only AAC.
How many of you can distinguish between FLAC/ ALAC/ WAV and a good 320kbps MP3 rip from the same source CD, that too with wireless headphones.
In a world where 1000XM4 is considered a classic, lossless audio will be disappointing for most.
Love Tidal, using it for long time, no issues with Android app. But I'm a wired headphone person.
That's some hard hitting questions for all Purists like us, I do think Apple is coming with it's own LDAC though. But wires are definitely not coming back especially for mainstream audience. Also Lossless going mainstream is never a bad thing and don't underestimate the power of DSP. All these Dolby, Spatial Audio etc do mean little to us but what it is doing in realty is providing a fake 3D imaging like a very good IEM/Headphone would provide but digitally. How far it can imitate the actual thing is a big question.

There was a time 10 years back when I had this itch to get high end stuff and I come from someone whose first IEM was Creative EP630 that I bought for 600-700 Rupees (very expensive in my eyes at that time) and I felt that was the best thing in the world. I then went onto buy UE Triple Fi something (blue colored ones) for $100, Hi Fi something brand from China, FiiO Amp etc. Eventually I understood that I cannot understand any difference between 320 Kbps and FLAC and such. I gave up and sold everything.
Now I just use my phone and any good brand bluetooth earphones and listen on free apps like gaana, spotify, jio saavn etc.

Eventually I understood that I cannot understand any difference between 320 Kbps and FLAC and such. I gave up and sold everything.
Given that the actual FLAC file is from a genuine source and not gathered from *ahem sites with fake conversations from shitty sources, I would say that there is a huge difference.

Given that the actual FLAC file is from a genuine source and not gathered from *ahem sites with fake conversations from shitty sources, I would say that there is a huge difference.

I am not denying it. I am saying I could not make out difference.

I am not denying it. I am saying I could not make out difference.
Well anybody can, that's why we are seeing the industry leaders like Spotify moving to Hi-Fi tier. I am sure no one would pay extra money if they can't make out any difference.

Question is whether your FLAC source was genuine or not, 1020 kbps FLAC track will not sound any different if it's converted from a 320 kbps mp3 source in first place.

I would have as there is 1 empty slot available in my Family plan. But the problem is more than that since this is not just Music service that will be shared because the person has to be added in the Family means iCloud, Location, Purchase settings are also shared within the family. So it's a major Privacy leak. Hence I am not adding anyone on the Apple Family plan even though I am sharing my YouTube Premium and Netflix plan with others.

I know we can individually choose what can be shared among the Family members but I have not succeeded in that yet, maybe someone else can chime in.

You won't find anyone willing to share a slot in the family plan because of various other factors including the Shared payment method within the family for apps and rentals
Is it the same with Youtube Premium?
Plan manager gets charged for the plan members' purchases?

@Nalin true brother, everything you said is true..and I totally got your point ( having the same disease)
BUT
I do have a small CD collection and ripped few genuinely great mastered ones to both 320kbps MP3 and FLAC with the same program ( dBpoweramp) but in a blind test (specially in a mobile rig with VERY EXPENSIVE) probably will miss 10-20 percent.
Yes, in a proper computer with my regular DAC/ Amp combo it is not difficult to distinguish ( for us audiofools, it is indeed a big difference, but for most people it's yeah...whatever...you have good headphones)

Is it the same with Youtube Premium?
Plan manager gets charged for the plan members' purchases?
Not sure.
Personally I would never share an Apple or google family plan- Netflix or even spotify is one thing and probably fine
But way too many things that can go wrong with adding strangers to an account with so many other data linkages..

Plus in any case, a YT/ AM family plan costs less than the price of even a decent burger - why bother

Back