LTT Expose by Gamers Nexus

cinecon

Disciple
Oct 16, 2009
No one is taking sides here, its just that some things you're saying doesn't make much sense. You really don't have to die on this hill mate :/
quite understandable. appreciate your comment.
I may switch to Technical Guruji after all this ;)

jai1611

Patron
Sep 21, 2009
So LTT will shill anything that pays a bit of money. This has been obvious for quite a while and is not restricted to ads etc but even some of their "reviews". In their constand push for growth, they have started to mindlessly screw up anything that isn't explicitly paying them. Its pretty unethical but at least there is self interest to it. LTT fanboys on the other hand seem to shill and defend the channel out of general lack of common sense

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
So, Emily at LMG finally posted something...

Capture.JPG

imad7x

Disciple
Sep 9, 2021
IDK what you guys are on about,but the best tech youtuber is definitely
Technical sagar
I didn't know if you were being sarcastic since I never heard of this guy. Checked his most popular video titled "World record solving 101 android issues"
I only viewed the first 2-3 minutes. His solution for low battery backup is to live with it if it's a lower mah battery or upgrade your phone.
If your phone has overheating issues don't expose it to sunlight but if it normally overheats then take it to service centre or upgrade it.

Basically this guy's solution to any defect is to change your phone, problem solved. Lmfao

buzz88

Disciple
Mar 16, 2021
I didn't know if you were being sarcastic since I never heard of this guy. Checked his most popular video titled "World record solving 101 android issues"
I only viewed the first 2-3 minutes. His solution for low battery backup is to live with it if it's a lower mah battery or upgrade your phone.
If your phone has overheating issues don't expose it to sunlight but if it normally overheats then take it to service centre or upgrade it.

Basically this guy's solution to any defect is to change your phone, problem solved. Lmfao

And he's still got more subscribers than Gamers Nexus. Indian population be wildin'!

1692344354390.png

1692344371681.png

kiran6680

Disciple
Oct 5, 2021
While I understand that Linus is not a great guy, nor technically the soundest, but seriously I need to defend him on entertainment value. Subjectively I like his jokes a lot, millions of subscribers seem to agree. And his English is objectively the best by far among tech-tubers. Credit where credit is due.

Reactions: imad7x and Wolfi3

buzz88

Disciple
Mar 16, 2021
While I understand that Linus is not a great guy, nor technically the soundest, but seriously I need to defend him on entertainment value. Subjectively I like his jokes a lot, millions of subscribers seem to agree. And his English is objectively the best by far among tech-tubers. Credit where credit is due.

I guess humour is subjective. I find his brand of humour too cringy and forced. His attempts at luring audience into unnecessary and often unexpected segues to sponsors are also irritating and breaks the topic of discussion. I mean, many youtubers do that, but his are too notorious and too much. Linus also comes across as disrespectful of the topic/brand/engineers of any product they are talking about and sometimes even his fans. I enjoy Steve from GN's snarky commentary when he lets his sarcasm flow. And even when he's talking shit about some company or brand, I feel that was warranted and never crossing the line of outright disrespect. I understand many find him boring and that is okay. Personal taste.

And even though I like Steve, if tomorrow something came out that he did wrong, I would never feel the need to defend him. He's just some guy on youtube. When he does good things, I like him. When he might do some bad things, I will stop liking him. Why get emotionally attached to people we are never going to meet and have only one-way communication?

Here are some words to live by :
Linus' Words of Wisdom

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
Jun 21, 2020
I think the best content LTT made was their factory tours. Those were actually really interesting and they did a really good job with those. Otherwise, their reviews and comparison videos etc. have never really been all that interesting for me personally.

PunkX 75

Adept
Aug 10, 2020
I guess humour is subjective. I find his brand of humour too cringy and forced. His attempts at luring audience into unnecessary and often unexpected segues to sponsors are also irritating and breaks the topic of discussion. I mean, many youtubers do that, but his are too notorious and too much. Linus also comes across as disrespectful of the topic/brand/engineers of any product they are talking about and sometimes even his fans. I enjoy Steve from GN's snarky commentary when he lets his sarcasm flow. And even when he's talking shit about some company or brand, I feel that was warranted and never crossing the line of outright disrespect. I understand many find him boring and that is okay. Personal taste.

And even though I like Steve, if tomorrow something came out that he did wrong, I would never feel the need to defend him. He's just some guy on youtube. When he does good things, I like him. When he might do some bad things, I will stop liking him. Why get emotionally attached to people we are never going to meet and have only one-way communication?

Here are some words to live by :
Linus' Words of Wisdom
Steve is very to the point, without giving two f**ks about how big or small the brand may be.

If the product is good, he mentions it. If it's bad, he will tear it apart. No BS. He's the one that got the 'Hot Glue' phenomenon exposed in some prebuilts lol.

This is why he has a very positive public image.

Reactions: imad7x and n1r0

imad7x

Disciple
Sep 9, 2021
Steve is very to the point, without giving two f**ks about how big or small the brand may be.

If the product is good, he mentions it. If it's bad, he will tear it apart. No BS. He's the one that got the 'Hot Glue' phenomenon exposed in some prebuilts lol.

This is why he has a very positive public image.
On multiple occasions GN has pointed out problems and actually fixed graphisc card issues for Nvidia and Intec Arc. Mega corps have reached out to him to find out how he managed to fix the issues in the products they made.

I have huge respect for both Steve and Linus. They're both selfmade, but from a technical standpoint, I trust Steve more than Linus. LTT became greedier by the day in the last few years, this shitstorm was bound to happen.

lockhrt999

Not a Fan.
Skilled
Aug 22, 2011
About inaccuracies in the video part, in my opinion, the Internet is overreacting. LTT videos were always inaccurate. If I had been keeping track, I would have listed 50 videos with inaccurate info. Are people this simple-minded that they think everything they see on the internet is accurate? Most of the big YouTubers have many inaccuracies in their videos. I thought everyone knew about it.

Reactions: Black_Hawk