Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

Eh I think that's the clever part lol. You cannot name names or mention them directly. If they get provoked and start a bitter argument then that would be their own fault.
It's one thing to talk about prices but to target people and provoke them/ridicule them, it's not cool in my dictionary. The discussion should be about prices and making the potential buyer have all the current information regarding prices instead I'm seeing discussions about people which ain't right to do behind one's back let alone openly in the forum where they're a member.

I don't know whether you guys agree with this or not but more and more people on TE are hiding the actual price in the bill.
You hide your personal details that's cool
But price, i think that's unethical.
This has started a good debate though on the topic that are the cards from different manufacturers the same? should the price differential be justified?

On one hand there is brand perception and perceived value on the other hand these are all identical CPUs just assembled by board partners as per NVIDIA specs

Idk maybe if there is performance delta between same cards of different brand due to better cooling/ components than the price difference can be quantified it's really hard to put a value on subjective brand value/ perception idk :/

Everyone please chime in
If you want to know how other people think then here is my view.
Each company provides you warranty. So buying the same GPU version with high price just cos the cooling is good doesn't make sense to me.
Eg:- Asus noctua 3070.
Would you buy that for a lakh just cos it has a beefy cooler. On the base it is still 3070. Maybe let's say 4-5% faster.
Some people buy the white version for extra 10k. Would you buy?
Here is the thing:- there is a niche market for it. One or two people are there to buy not all.
I have never given imphasis on cooling.
I always rocked mini cards or single fan cards. Right now rocking 3080 with single fan and i love it. Doesn't overheat or doesn't throttle. So what is the point of 3 fan card with beefy cooler with 10-12k extra to me. With that extra money i can buy water cooling kit and water cool my whole pc.

Last edited:
I'm also against the hiding of price on the invoice no matter what reason. But there's no rule against this so long ago I once suggested that a rule be made against hiding of the price on the invoice and members who spam the FS threads with their molar privilege be warned and banned if they continue to do it.
But so far nothing. I assume the staff aren't interested.
I want to see the price not because I want to lowball but because I want to know at how much I also can get them for brand new.

The Asus gpu would be costlier with better cooler/performance but I understand the point that the link belong to the card from same family (so a relative price comparison), Though I understand if OP gets upset trying to justify selling price. But the way he said was rude and unprofessional which is not acceptable at all. A polite reply like "Quoting the post with link : Thanks for the reference but my card perform much better with premium cooling, Though I am open to suggestions if there is a link of same or better card for less than offered price"
Op could have made a point without being rude and other potential buyers will get reference price check from the link, Now if I was a buyer I would keep my distance seeing his reply as if something goes wrong in future I will have to deal with him and its not pleasant.

Exactly. I also want to see what was the original price to understand whether it's worth to buy that used product.
Nothing is stopping you from asking the seller to provide you with the unmasked invoice and nothing is stopping him from saying no.
Prices change all the time and may not reflect the current market. Many times stuff bought on discount get sold at "higher" market price here at profit and that is not wrong. When it comes to price it is always better to do your own due diligence. There are ways to find out price history as well as long as the product continues to be listed.

Nothing is stopping you from asking the seller to provide you with the unmasked invoice and nothing is stopping him from saying no.
Prices change all the time and may not reflect the current market. Many times stuff bought on discount get sold at "
You are correct. But when I'm buying a product on TE and i see a masked bill it turns me off. It's gives me that feeling of "golmaal hai bhai sab golmaal hai".

You are correct. But when I'm buying a product on TE and i see a masked bill it turns me off. It's gives me that feeling of "golmaal hai bhai sab golmaal hai".
Most likely that was bought in a sale or pricing error and is being sold at profit. Many sellers do not mask the prices so buy from them.

The Asus gpu would be costlier with better cooler/performance but I understand the point that the link belong to the card from same family (so a relative price comparison), Though I understand if OP gets upset trying to justify selling price. But the way he said was rude and unprofessional which is not acceptable at all. A polite reply like "Quoting the post with link : Thanks for the reference but my card perform much better with premium cooling, Though I am open to suggestions if there is a link of same or better card for less than offered price"
Op could have made a point without being rude and other potential buyers will get reference price check from the link, Now if I was a buyer I would keep my distance seeing his reply as if something goes wrong in future I will have to deal with him and its not pleasant.
I don't want to talk about that cos then it will hurt his/her ego and that person will run behind my ass again.
However, the perception is delusional in my opinion and has been created by these companies.
People are rocking cards with not beefy cooling and i haven't hear of massive card failures cos of cooling for a particular company.
Most likely that was bought in a sale or pricing error and is being sold at profit. Many sellers do not mask the prices so buy from them.
Yup. That's what I do. And that's what I prefer when i sell my products too so that the buyer has full view of everything.
That is what I believe a good selling strategy.

Last edited:
I too agree on the price masking issue . I cannot understand why it's hidden . It puts of a large section of potential buyers I guess . Just my 2 cents . Feel free to disagree . Once again I must cleary state here this is not a personal attack on any one at all .
Mods feel free to delet if OT .
Cheers !

Personal attacks are not good and never to be used. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You just need to relax and understand their side. Either you agree or disagree. Maybe you will learn new things, maybe the other guy will learn a new thing.

I don't know whether you guys agree with this or not but more and more people on TE are hiding the actual price in the bill.
You hide your personal details that's cool
But price, i think that's unethical.

If you want to know how other people think then here is my view.
Each company provides you warranty. So buying the same GPU version with high price just cos the cooling is good doesn't make sense to me.
Eg:- Asus noctua 3070.
Would you buy that for a lakh just cos it has a beefy cooler. On the base it is still 3070. Maybe let's say 4-5% faster.
Some people buy the white version for extra 10k. Would you buy?
Here is the thing:- there is a niche market for it. One or two people are there to buy not all.
I have never given imphasis on cooling.
I always rocked mini cards or single fan cards. Right now rocking 3080 with single fan and i love it. Doesn't overheat or doesn't throttle. So what is the point of 3 fan card with beefy cooler with 10-12k extra to me. With that extra money i can buy water cooling kit and water cool my whole pc.
Yes I was asking people's opinions in general so you're welcome.

And yes I would not buy that noctua card or buy a white version of card for 10k extra looks doesn't matter to me that much I prioritise performance so if say a 3 fan extra beefy GPU performs better than a smaller 2 fan design and that performance is measurable in terms of FPS or Lower temps price difference maybe justified but it depends upon the price difference extra 10-15% cost for ,extra 2-3 % performance is not worth it imho.

But it depends upon people I guess I have seen people splurge huge amounts of extra cash for looks or colour matching theme builds some people love PC building for that reason alone :/

However we should always be respectful to the forum members that isn't up for debate there is no case which justifies being a jerk :/

However we should always be respectful to the forum members that isn't up for debate there is no case which justifies being a jerk :/
I don't understand who you are calling jerk. Here i assume you are calling me. Respect comes both ways. Hope you understand.
Anyways moving away from there.. as i said there is niche market for looks and noctua made gpu's.
People will buy. But not all."not all" is important.

There is a market for everything, personally I'd pay the premium for strix in normal times. It may not make sense to you to pay extra premium for better cooling but that may not be same for everyone. Living a hot climate I've come to appreciate good cooling and it has made me to find out cost cutting done in brands.

Let me explain the price scenario. Let's assume product A is currently available for 10000 in market and someone luckily got this at 6000 by card and any other discount scheme. Now that person lists the product for sale at 8000 then it is my decision whether I have the use of that product for 8000 or not, the seller is not making me to buy that product it will be my sole decision if I want to buy that product at 8000 or I can get from market for 10000. Even if he can list the product for 10000 but he is not able to force me to buy it from him.

Let me explain the price scenario. Let's assume product A is currently available for 10000 in market and someone luckily got this at 6000 by card and any other discount scheme. Now that person lists the product for sale at 8000 then it is my decision whether I have the use of that product for 8000 or not, the seller is not making me to buy that product it will be my sole decision if I want to buy that product at 8000 or I can get from market for 10000. Even if he can list the product for 10000 but he is not able to force me to buy it from him.
But there are sellers who do Amazon scam, put the same 10k stuff for 8k and most of the time Amazon scam item get blacklisted and you don't get warranty... This in my perspective is larger scam going on FB and in few cases here on this forum as well. I understand everybody likes to book profits, but this practice is wrong

But there are sellers who do Amazon scam, put the same 10k stuff for 8k and most of the time Amazon scam item get blacklisted and you don't get warranty... This in my perspective is larger scam going on FB and in few cases here on this forum as well. I understand everybody likes to book profits, but this practice is wrong
Genuinely want to know these scammers from amazon, do they never get caught or what?

Yes noticed a few cases here too, wonder if I am one of the victim of such a scam.

Once you buy a tech product it's value goes down. This changed with GPU shortage and now everyone tries to apply the same to everything.

Last edited:
scammers will always scam their whole life but we can't do anything about this other than being knowledgeable about our deal and to check everything thoroughly

Back