Mass Effect 3 - Discussion Thread

Mordin and the genophage cure :

Saving Mordin requires a lot of work :

In order to keep Mordin alive, you need to have

1) Not saved Maelon's data in ME2, and

2) Urdnot Wreav must be the leader of the Krogans (that is, Wrex must have died on Virmire in ME1).

3) You must sabotage the genophage cure in ME3

4) You must have a high paragon/renegade score to convince Mordin to let you sabotage the cure, or else you will end up shooting him

I loved Mordin, but I could not bring myself to kill Wrex in ME1 or sabotage the cure in ME3.

Thanks for clearing that. Looking at the options, NO, if that is what was required, then I am fine with the events that took place in my play-through.

BTW, has anyone seen the Indoctrination theory video on youtube? Seeing that makes the current "ending" look very very interesting. But, I really doubt if Bioware will actually make it like that. Still, any thoughts on that theory?

guys, just started the geth mission and current switches off, UPS didnt get charged as well. Now when i re-booted the system, ME 3 is unable to detect my current game, i got back up of it. It just starts off a new game altogether. Please help asap.

^^Yes thay may but excessive conversations kills the fun.Skyrim is still on hold(reached till the middle of the game).will take some time to complete.

Which is essential to the core gameplay of the game. Have you completed Skyrim yet?

^^Yes they may but excessive conversations kills the fun.Skyrim is still on hold(reached till the middle of the game).will take some time to complete.I generally go slow with titles such as skyrim.Mass effect 3 on the other hand seems a little less in length thats why i am trying to complete it first.

Which is essential to the core gameplay of the game. Have you completed Skyrim yet?

^^Yes they may but excessive conversations kills the fun.Skyrim is still on hold(reached till the middle of the game).will take some time to complete.I generally go slow with titles such as skyrim.Mass effect 3 on the other hand seems a little less in length thats why i am trying to complete it first.

Conversation kills the fun?!! I think you should be looking at other genres
<

Bioware already sold half their soul to attract shooter fans by making the conversation far less involving than most RPGs. The dialog options are so limited and I'm sure a lot of RPG fans are disappointed by this. Of course, that was then overshadowed by the disappointment over the ending
<

^^I have also mentioned "excessive".Anyways its not the genre but the series.As i said before i never liked this series that much.But i am not saying they are bad either.

alright what is the best solution mordin or Wrex/Wreav

After close to 30 hours of he most intense gameplay ever I've finished it,but instead of feeling content and satisfied i'm feeling utterly confused
Invision18.gif
,and right now there's so much BS about the ending on the net that i'm literally pulling my hair out trying to get some closure.I would appreciate it if someone cleared a few doubts for me.

1.Was the ending a dream sequence?
Invision18.gif

2.Will there be a DLC that clears up the ending?

3.Has there been any official explanation of the ending yet?

4.I played only the synthesis ending,so does shepard live in either of the other two endings(i heard he's found lying in rubble)?

Comments inline in spolier.

After close to 30 hours of he most intense gameplay ever I've finished it,but instead of feeling content and satisfied i'm feeling utterly confused
Invision18.gif
,and right now there's so much BS about the ending on the net that i'm literally pulling my hair out trying to get some closure.I would appreciate it if someone cleared a few doubts for me.

1.Was the ending a dream sequence?
Invision18.gif

Read up on the indoctrination theory. Most fans are considering this to be canon as of now - until a better explanation comes from Bioware.

2.Will there be a DLC that clears up the ending?

There's speculation that there's going to be a DLC to explain the ending with more clarity. Nothing to suggest changing the ending though.

3.Has there been any official explanation of the ending yet?

No

4.I played only the synthesis ending,so does shepard live in either of the other two endings(i heard he's found lying in rubble)?

Shepard lives if you choose to destroy reapers. But every other aspect of that ending is almost the same as the synthesis and the other ending - so nothing much to rejoice about.

A few more thoughts,

I played through the destroy synthetics ending(red) and for some reason the video of shepard surviving the crash doesn't show.Anyway I saw the clip on youtube and since shepard actually survives,

1.I think this ending is slightly more rewarding than the others,don't you agree?Almost like this is the "right" ending?Games are about winning after all.

2.Doesn't this also open possibilities for a sequel?Maybe the writers want the option of using shepard again which is why they showed him alive.

3.Is it just me or do questions like "who created the catalyst and the reapers?" and "What's beyond the galaxy?" bother anyone else?

4.Any one else thinking of keeping their ME3 save files?I just might save it
tongu23e.gif

A few more thoughts,

I played through the destroy synthetics ending(red) and for some reason the video of shepard surviving the crash doesn't show.Anyway I saw the clip on youtube and since shepard actually survives,

1.I think this ending is slightly more rewarding than the others,don't you agree?Almost like this is the "right" ending?Games are about winning after all.

Yea, this is what I wanted to select. BUT, I had no idea which color "Destroy reapers" was. I somehow calculated that destroying reapers must be the Paragon choice therefore blue and like an idiot walked into blue choice.
tongu23e.gif
Saw the other endings on youtube, did not feel like reloading it again.

2.Doesn't this also open possibilities for a sequel?Maybe the writers want the option of using shepard again which is why they showed him alive.

I dont think there will be sequels but there will surely be some spinoff titles in the same universe. I would love to see a game set during the first contact war, when technology is not so advanced.

3.Is it just me or do questions like "who created the catalyst and the reapers?" and "What's beyond the galaxy?" bother anyone else?

Yea, most of the complaints regarding the ending on this point. At least, my complaints are mostly about this. Also, what the hell was happening to Joker and Normandy. I mean, were Sheppard's crew mates abandoning him and just running away?

4.Any one else thinking of keeping their ME3 save files?I just might save it
tongu23e.gif

Yup.

Answered my thoughts in the spoiler tag.

Back