Mass Effect 3 - Discussion Thread

Awh, I wanted to be the first to finish the game but I love my team way too much to just go in lightspeedmainquest. The score is a let down, so far it isn't 1/10 as dramatic as the previous installment, the score made the game feel like an experience last time. 'Suicide Mission' still gives me goosebumps. This time it feels cheap and just video-gamey save some nostalgia from the presidium cue.

Also LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THE new presidium. I hated the second game selling the 'presidium just rebuilt np' crap.

Ok done with the game, the ending which I got was meh...., Huge spoiler warning ahead, only for those who completed the game.

shepard destroys the reapers and nothing i shown about other characters

didn't like it much and didn't understand much too, may be there is a better ending if I import my ME2 character and play multiplayer.

I played without importing ME 2 and ME1 character will be doing it now in my second play through, hopefully for a different ending.

Over all as a stand alone game, ME2 is way better , but it brings the series to a definite end which I liked.

One more thing I really liked is how it is tied well with Mass effect novels, spoilers ahead

There is a quest about grissom academy , Kahlee sanders , Grayson all mentioned and involved

regarding the prothean DLC recommended to play with it as the back story about protheans is explained and the character himself is awesome.

Eventhough the Opening wasnt as epics as ME2 it properly set the tone for how the game is going to be

so far iam loving it and this time around the game feels properly cinematic too:D

[attachment=12111:MassEffect3 2012-03-07 23-10-38-91.jpg]

[attachment=12112:MassEffect3 2012-03-07 23-10-46-79.jpg]

It lasted a good 30+ hours for me. It could be finished sooner if you focus on the priority missions instead of the various side quests. I didn't like the ending, perhaps there's another ending that I couldn't manage
<

I had the same ending as Havok's and I had imported my character from ME1 and 2.

Put in a solid 9 hours yesterday (the half-day off was well worth it!) making it a total of a 13+ hour playthrough by far and completed several priority and side objectives. The game has now picked up pace and had to make some very hard decisions. I am very skeptical as to how this will affect the outcome towards the final mission! It also appears that the fetch quests now come up randomly if Shepard happens to overhear a conversation between other individuals at the Citadel. Nothing repetitive here unlike Skyrim though so that is a definite life saver.

Scanning the planets have become a lot more simpler now but I kind of miss gathering the resources using the older scanning method. Agreed it was repetitive and sometimes a pointless waste of time considering the resources started piling up more than what was being used for upgrades. The v2.0 fuel depot now also supports one-touch fuel refilling to the Normandy! What has changed here considerably is that the Galaxy map now indicates the Reaper unit - Harbinger occupying some galaxies in the Milky Way. If the Normandy enters this galaxy and begins scanning for any lost artifacts or wrecks for salvaging, the signal is picked up by the Reapers and a bar indicating the signal fills itself up. Once filled the Harbingers chase the Normandy and we have to escape the galaxy failing which the game ends with a Critical Mission Failure notice. Resume the game and all's well. Nothing OMG types here.
<

Also completed From Ashes DLC which must have lasted not more than 20 minutes but I would definitely suggest attempting this DLC as the Prothean recruit is more than just helpful during combat as a squadmate thanks to his unique powers. It also gives a short background of what happened to the Protheans before. Most of the time I end up taking him along with another Turian veteran I wouldn't want to name here (but you would have guessed by now!). Be it good or bad, I am sure this Prothean squadmate is going to prove helpful during the final missions.

Mordin
<

R.I.P. my friend. You shall always be remembered for your good deeds.
<
The cure you had developed for the genophage shall be a turning point for the Krogan species. I never thought he would sacrifice himself and always preferred to have him onboard the Normandy. He was a very able scientist and used to tinker with something or the other all the time. Not to mention, his cheesy speech skills.

Anyhoo, I am taking this slow and steady completing every possible side quest. Hope it lasts a while!

Put in a solid 9 hours yesterday (the half-day off was well worth it!) making it a total of a 13+ hour playthrough by far and completed several priority and side objectives. The game has now picked up pace and had to make some very hard decisions. I am very skeptical as to how this will affect the outcome towards the final mission! It also appears that the fetch quests now come up randomly if Shepard happens to overhear a conversation between other individuals at the Citadel. Nothing repetitive here unlike Skyrim though so that is a definite life saver.

Scanning the planets have become a lot more simpler now but I kind of miss gathering the resources using the older scanning method. Agreed it was repetitive and sometimes a pointless waste of time considering the resources started piling up more than what was being used for upgrades. The v2.0 fuel depot now also supports one-touch fuel refilling to the Normandy! What has changed here considerably is that the Galaxy map now indicates the Reaper unit - Harbinger occupying some galaxies in the Milky Way. If the Normandy enters this galaxy and begins scanning for any lost artifacts or wrecks for salvaging, the signal is picked up by the Reapers and a bar indicating the signal fills itself up. Once filled the Harbingers chase the Normandy and we have to escape the galaxy failing which the game ends with a Critical Mission Failure notice. Resume the game and all's well. Nothing OMG types here.
<

Also completed From Ashes DLC which must have lasted not more than 20 minutes but I would definitely suggest attempting this DLC as the Prothean recruit is more than just helpful during combat as a squadmate thanks to his unique powers. It also gives a short background of what happened to the Protheans before. Most of the time I end up taking him along with another Turian veteran I wouldn't want to name here (but you would have guessed by now!). Be it good or bad, I am sure this Prothean squadmate is going to prove helpful during the final missions.

Mordin
<

R.I.P. my friend. You shall always be remembered for your good deeds.
<
The cure you had developed for the genophage shall be a turning point for the Krogan species. I never thought he would sacrifice himself and always preferred to have him onboard the Normandy. He was a very able scientist and used to tinker with something or the other all the time. Not to mention, his cheesy speech skills.

Anyhoo, I am taking this slow and steady completing every possible side quest. Hope it lasts a while!

Did any one actually manage to do this.

I think mordin can be saved if reputation is high enough

In my playthrough Tali also died, cause I chose geth over them

Question about the Huerta Memorial Hospital purchases:

I bought a chocolate box and flowers. I was hoping to gift them to Ashley, once she was feeling better. But I didn't get any such option, YET. So do they serve any actual purpose? or did I just flush 2000 credits down the toilet?

Did any one actually manage to do this.

I think mordin can be saved if reputation is high enough

He cannot be saved no matter what. He has to die in the game - some way or the other.

If he survived the suicide mission in ME 2, you will meet him in Sur'Kesh aiding the female Krogan Eve. And will eventually help you out with the cure for the genophage. If you choose to go with the release of the cure at Tuchanka, he will die towards the end during the explosion as the building collapses. Instead if you choose to go with what the Salarian chief asked you to do, i.e. not release the cure but tell Wrex that it has been done as was asked to, then your only option is to kill Mordin. He will not obey Shepard.

Question about the Huerta Memorial Hospital purchases:

I bought a chocolate box and flowers. I was hoping to gift them to Ashley, once she was feeling better. But I didn't get any such option, YET. So do they serve any actual purpose? or did I just flush 2000 credits down the toilet?

LOL I did the same but I suppose they don't serve any purpose. In short, 2000 credits went down the drain. But worry not, for most missions you will be rewarded with at least 12500 credits after completion. My present quota stands at 2L+. Despite purchasing most of the weapon upgrades from the armory. So like any other RPG title out there, credits will never be an issue after some time. You will have more than what you could ever spend.

I see in Journal that i have get confidence of other societies to save the Earth and there are several missions in Journal but the game says if i dont get the confidence of others quickly the reliance of other parties would deteriorate so should i just go and try to build confidence and get all together to save the Earth or should i continue doing side missions by which i can add more allies which i guess would help in final fight by doing side mission the confidence would deteriorate due to amount of time spent on side mission so which is a better option here.

I do not think this is necessary. I tend to complete all the side quests first anyway so I am not exactly sure how this may affect the % of war assets acquired towards the final mission. I am assuming you might have met Aria T'Loak by now. If yes read on:

She would ask you to get the support from 3 groups. It is easy for two but the third one requires you to acquire some high-tech stuff (schematics IIRC) and get it to a Salarian dealer at Citadel. Then he would give Shepard some top-end arms which in turn needs to be given to the head of the group. Only then is he willing to support us. So in short, this is going to take some time since those high-tech stuff I mentioned before cannot be easily acquired. I know because I search the nook and cranny of every other level to find hidden upgrades and credits. I've found some artifacts and schematics this way. This will take time so do it at your own pace.

You can do a bit of all the missions - N7, fetch, priority etc.

LOL I did the same but I suppose they don't serve any purpose. In short, 2000 credits went down the drain. But worry not, for most missions you will be rewarded with at least 12500 credits after completion. My present quota stands at 2L+. Despite purchasing most of the weapon upgrades from the armory. So like any other RPG title out there, credits will never be an issue after some time. You will have more than what you could ever spend.

Dam it! I thought they were available for a purpose. But it's not THAT realistic.
<

Dam it! I thought they were available for a purpose. But it's not THAT realistic.
<

Yeah I thought the same. I mean I was expecting a vase somewhere in her room so I could find an option to fill it with the flowers. Or leave the box somewhere when she's asleep only to find it later. Nada nothing happened. But this is hardly anything to be worried of when you have more pressing matters in store. You will find out eventually.

Yeah I thought the same. I mean I was expecting a vase somewhere in her room so I could find an option to fill it with the flowers. Or leave the box somewhere when she's asleep only to find it later. Nada nothing happened. But this is hardly anything to be worried of when you have more pressing matters in store. You will find out eventually.

I was expecting to gift it to her, as soon as I received her mail to visit her at Citadel. I thought it would show up as a paragon action or something like that. It would have provided a more humane touch. Not that I'm complaining, but it would have gone well with the bonding part.
<

I was expecting to gift it to her, as soon as I received her mail to visit her at Citadel. I thought it would show up as a paragon action or something like that. It would have provided a more humane touch. Not that I'm complaining, but it would have gone well with the bonding part.
<

LOl even i did some thing similar, I bought those books available at sirta store, assuming they will increase my skill or something like in skyrim, but nothing happened

Back