Max 100 sms free/discounted SmSs per day

This is one of the best schemes. All this unlimited cheap schemes just propagates spam plus teens who excessively text seem to have a vocabulary of a primate. I even see so many office mails where folks use sms language and that is super annoying.

I got messages from Letsbuy and Yebhi .

I think we can stop messages from Yebhi and Letsbuy with DND now . But if you do that you wont get shipping details also .

What to do ?

xtremevicky said:
I got messages from Letsbuy and Yebhi .

I think we can stop messages from Yebhi and Letsbuy with DND now . But if you do that you wont get shipping details also .

What to do ?

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that as per TRAI’s new regulation you will not be receiving our SMS or calling services from 27th September 2011 onwards for the following:
Billing and Payment
Dispatch and Delivery

Although, our delivery partners will be able to SMS/Call you for any enquiry.

To avail Letsbuy’s undisputed and hassle free services, subscribe to our alert services NOW! Just SMS “START 6†to 1909. On sending this code your SMS/Calling services will be activated and you will be able to avail our services again. You will receive all the information and alerts regarding order update, shipping, deals, discounts, delivery, billing, payments, special offers and more.

If you receive this email in spam, please mark it as ‘NOT SPAM’ to receive all the other emails from Letsbuy in your inbox.

Please Note:Above mentioned code will also allow other service providers from Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT companies to send SMSes to you.

For further information you can write to us at customercare@letsbuy.com or you can call us on 011-40808888.

Stay Connected, Stay Informed!

Team Letsbuy

just got this e-mail.

^yes and the most annoying part of this spam sms is when one sends "dont ignore hairfall....." or "sani raksha kawach to solve all your problem....." this craps really get on my nerves.

There should be an option to allow some service SMS's while still being in DND. This blanket ban is just a stupid way to implement it.

Not getting ICICI online banking's Add a new Payee code and OTP ( One time passwords for log in) since today . Is this got anything to do with the new TRAI regulation :S ?

PristineNote said:
Not getting ICICI online banking's Add a new Payee code and OTP ( One time passwords for log in) since today . Is this got anything to do with the new TRAI regulation :S ?
What a fukcing mess!

I do feel sorry for the people who text. I was so sick of these telemarketing sms, even after activating DND on airtel, no improvement.

This is such a pain in the neck, activating, reactivating, deactivating.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well I send 150 - 175 msgs a day and NONE of them are forwards.

About 50 - 60 are important work messages.

This artificial limit irks me. Esp because its a maximum cap. You CANNOT send anymore, even if you pay.

quixand said:
What a fukcing mess!

I do feel sorry for the people who text. I was so sick of these telemarketing sms, even after activating DND on airtel, no improvement.

This is such a pain in the neck, activating, reactivating, deactivating.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I get them even in NZ dumb vodafone :mad: :mad:.Good that they have put a cap

You can choose option to just receive SMS from Banking institutions if you want. I got a message from Kotak Bank that the SMS would be sent only during 9AM to 9PM.

^^its not only from banking; if u enroll via the above method u would be spammed by everyone. Its called partial DND where ur mobile would be spammed only during certain times of the day(when u are awake)

I am very happy that I will not get 50 message every day from property dealers and 50 others which I don't want. :clap:

Roxtin said:
You can choose option to just receive SMS from Banking institutions if you want. I got a message from Kotak Bank that the SMS would be sent only during 9AM to 9PM.

No, this will not work. If you subscribe to Nine2Nine scheme, you are open for solicitation by everyone.

@PristineNote: Guess the blanket cloak is curbing financial banks from sending content too.

Wonder now, what we can do. Though has anyone tried it, if DND is de-activated how long the replication takes, or vice-versa.

Roxtin said:
Anything similar for SBI, from yesterday onwards i am not receiving any a/c message from SBI, its necessary fro me

CA50 said:
Anything similar for SBI, from yesterday onwards i am not receiving any a/c message from SBI, its necessary fro me

I have received a/c related SMS from SBI today morning without doing anything special, probably you are facing some other issue.

Back