Max Payne 3 - Discussion Thread

deaddevil said:
The screenies look good, but for the name max payne, it just does not go along. Atleast they should have maintained the look of max payne...:( , anyway lets hope there's some good action, slow mo's etc in this game.

Ya it has those slow motion views and bullet view as well where the camera follows the bullet untill it hits the target

Won't comment on the lines of Nice Graphics but did Max Payne get lost?

Lets talk about the first 2 games. The first 2 games did everything right. The environment & the music was great. The story was really good and the way it was told was one of the best. The only way you can know what happened next is by gunning down a bunch of people, I shot people out of curiosity. The slow motion just added to the fun and feel of the game. Ovedoing it can easily kill a game (Stranglehold).

If they can repeat that engrossing experience in the new game then I don't mind if he shaves his head or his bal...

Looks like we should expect nothing from this game as well...

Damn why did they do this...

This is nowhere even near to the Max Payne genre.

Max Payne was a legend and these guys are now gonna spoil it badly...:no:

Looks like the game industry needs new developers from TE...:rofl:

wtf?! other than the title max payne, there is absolutely nothing like the earlier games. max himself has had a weird makeover, now the environment?? the environment was what really made max payne so good! and now they have ruined the legendary series. :(

This Bald Avtar of max payne... totally sucks...:mad:
looks like they dropped a Bald WWE figure into Farcry and renamed it Max Payne..:rofl:

OMG..my favourite game franchise is now officially dead!! ..**** u R*,hope the game flops miserably and put R8 in serious trouble..wish Remedy took over the project!

Heh rockstar has only one engine - the one behind GTA. Its hard for them to make a film noir'ish game like Max Payne in that engine. This is just some lame GTA game with the max payne tag.

NO REMEDY = NO MAX PAYNE :(.

I hope Alan Wake comes out soon. Wonder what happened to it.

Ubergeek... that's not the point. The graphics do look good, and the gameplay might be really good... but it just doesn't feel Max Payne. If they wanna do bright sunny outdoors and guy hell-bent on rampage they can call it any damn thing but Max Payne... hell they can call it Far Cry : Redux, The Rockstar version. I don't see a thing that resembles Max Payne environment, from these screenshots... things that made Max Payne experience unique.

@igo

well the first 2 games were set in new york with the noir theme but dont you think the series need a change of direction?.if they do another max payne game with same noire atmosphere dont you think it might get a little redundant?.but i guess the series hasnt reached the saturation point yet may be they should have eased up the transition from the old max payne to a new max payne.if the story and the charachterization are great in this new iteration i dont see whats there not to like :p.

You are right, Ubergeek... everyone needs a change once in a while. But, there are certain things, characteristics that makes a game unique and that's what people like to identify with.

Say, would like to play Doom 3 or F.E.A.R. in bright outdoors, lush scenarios... or Hitman in Quake 3 style, guns blazing, eyeball tearing fast action? I understand what you mean by getting redundant with Noir style, but it won't unless they come-up with new gripping storyline and gameplay features.

Look at Prince of Persia 4, they didn't change the entire look of the game rather they enhanced with new available features technology can offer, they came up with new storyline, new characters but when you play it, it still feels very PoP. People loved that about Max Payne, the cold, ruthless environment, a very hollywood b-grade action-thriller feel and typical burnt, revenge-driven cop anti-hero personality of protagonist... and of course there was bullet time and other gimmickry. Can you really feel playing like Max Payne, even with bullet-time effect, in this new game (judging by the screenshot)?

I'm not saying this will be bad game... it might turn out to be really really good game in itself, and I might even enjoy playing it... but in back of my head, it would still feel odd, it won't feel like playing Max Payne. :)

Exactly,
What was the reason behind Max Payne being a huge success is missing completely from these screen shots and the character is no where near the original. :mad:

thry totally killed the espectations of fans..remedy wud be kicking their arses for selling the rights to R*..

Damn y wud they change the theme.Max paybe is my favourite game ever..
And even the voice acting is not going to be done by james Mcaffrey..now WTF man..

*No Noir Style
*stupid Loctaion
*Dumb bald Payne
*No same voice actor
*No remedy
*No same music

WTF!! WTF ! Fcuk R*

:cry: Boo hoo hoo... Please bring back the original Max Payne stuff. This open air nonsense just doesn't cut it. Shucks, why the hell isn't Remedy creating Max Payne 3 :mad:. No dark environments, no night clubs, no more Russian mob bosses like Vlad. Bah, Max Payne's gone to the dogs this time. I want my dual Desert Eagles back :no::no:

looks like john strathalm(Crank) has gone to assassins creed era... :(

wait i didn't noticed the belly...

looks like a fat john strathalm(Crank) has gone to assassins creed era...

[mod] Use Edit button [/mod]

Back