Max Payne 3 - Discussion Thread

too much of anticipation from the screen shots..its like Maxpayne -What if ..I am waiting for the some video and demo of the game.As screenshot never ever able to depict "fun" factor of a game .

Why I like maxpayne - when it was launched it is new and refreshing. now there too much of dark alery kind of games,,so may be rockstar want to add some more gaming aspect by addition more outdoor mission with some good cover system..lets see

iGo said:
You are right, Ubergeek... everyone needs a change once in a while. But, there are certain things, characteristics that makes a game unique and that's what people like to identify with.

Say, would like to play Doom 3 or F.E.A.R. in bright outdoors, lush scenarios... or Hitman in Quake 3 style, guns blazing, eyeball tearing fast action? I understand what you mean by getting redundant with Noir style, but it won't unless they come-up with new gripping storyline and gameplay features.

Look at Prince of Persia 4, they didn't change the entire look of the game rather they enhanced with new available features technology can offer, they came up with new storyline, new characters but when you play it, it still feels very PoP. People loved that about Max Payne, the cold, ruthless environment, a very hollywood b-grade action-thriller feel and typical burnt, revenge-driven cop anti-hero personality of protagonist... and of course there was bullet time and other gimmickry. Can you really feel playing like Max Payne, even with bullet-time effect, in this new game (judging by the screenshot)?

I'm not saying this will be bad game... it might turn out to be really really good game in itself, and I might even enjoy playing it... but in back of my head, it would still feel odd, it won't feel like playing Max Payne. :)

Well said mate.
I second that...

The dark, noir style gameplay is what got the gamers hooked !

Anyways, let's wait and see.;)

Blah..... Sad so much of changeover to the entire game....
This aint Maxpayne.... what have they done to him....

I wonder what will be the response when game releases.... Seriously they are just cashing on MaxPayne name..... the screenshots doesnot seems any way close to our Max Payne!!!

I wouldn't have had any problem with this game if they just hadn't put up a 'Max Payne' name to it. It might be the most amazing game in the whole of gaming history, but if its not going to like the earlier Max Payne style, why to give it this name?

awww man.. WHAT A BUMMER!!! :( ..srsly ppl are loosing it these days.. they wana lose their business by hitting their own legs with their own axes.. this sucks.. The Character and Env, completely looks different and shitty.. its more like Manhunt, GTA, Just Cause etc style and am sure there is gonna be some car stealin in this too..

The should have released this game with some other brand name.. not Max Payne. Plus Max Payne never looked so bulky and bulging bisceps and beer belly.. doesnt remind of good old serious max payne at all from any angle.

Plus the gfx look crap. Too bloomy and too much pixel shaders.. the gfx arent that high at all but still am sure its gonna make ppl shit in their pants to get it work smoothly.. witch such shitty gfx too!

Man.. its disappointing :(

It should be noted that this game is set 12 years after the second game.
Max Payne never looked so bulky and bulging bisceps and beer belly
Maybe he spent those 12 years drinking over the loss of Mona Sax and now he has woken up for some revenge:bleh:.

Wonder who R* will replace Mona with?..

Tarcxy said:
Wonder who R* will replace Mona with?..
As long as the replacement is as good as Mona, if not better... I don't care who they replace it with.

...... and if they blur the damn "open" scene this time... :mad:
(Max Payne 2 players should know what I'm talking about)

And whoever they replace Mona with, I guess Max will have an option to either 'Try your luck' or 'Say Goodbye' with her as in GTA IV :bleh:

Re: Max Payne 3 Teaser Trailer

Their team must have gone through many changes before finalizing the max payne's current fugliest look.

Taking away noir is like taking away the main ingredient of the game.

Oh well, at least they have kept motion comics for narrations.

Back