McLaren show off new MP4-21 livery

TheMask said:
Lol.. i may suck.. lets not talk about it here.. :p

and sire, speaking of 'reading comprehension' perhaps u shud look up the dic-tionary.
challenger (noun) : the contestant you hope to defeat;
in which context, what i said perfectly holds good. :eek:hyeah:

ALright I agree with the dictionary definition that you have posted there.
However there is one such thing as preposition which changes the implied meaning.

challenger to
here to is the preposition

told ya.. get a lesson in RC :bleh:

Renegade said:
ALright I agree with the dictionary definition that you have posted there.
However there is one such thing as preposition which changes the implied meaning.

challenger to
here to is the preposition

told ya.. get a lesson in RC :bleh:
again my friend, read it..
Ferrari is a potential challenger to Renault, Honda, McLaren..
Ferrari is a potential 'contestant you hope to defeat' to Renault, Honda, McLaren..
that you cud be Renault, McLaren or Honda :p

TheMask said:
again my friend, read it..
Ferrari is a potential challenger to Renault, Honda, McLaren..
Ferrari is a potential 'contestant you hope to defeat' to Renault, Honda, McLaren..
that you cud be Renault, McLaren or Honda :p
Ferrari is a potential contestant you hope to defeat to Renault, Honda, McLaren..
Try replacing 'you' by Renault, McLaren or Honda in your own sentence.
Makes no sense.
makes no sense anyway.

Sigh!! again trying to play with words (rather improper english)... unfortunately thats what you ferrari fans have been doing ever since you got your ass kicked last season.

OK, seems I need to give you an english lesson.

Ferrari has been singled out as a potential challenger to Renault, Honda and McLaren in 2006

The way it is put implies that Renault, Honda and McLaren are the obvious winning choices (considering last years performance I guess), and Ferrari is the new upstart.

Trust me.

If it had said, "Ferrari has been singled out as the team to beat in 2006", well that would have a different meaning.

ONce all this pre season grammar is over....maybe we can discuss some serious F1 once the season starts..

Till then bye bye....

after reading masky's reply and nikhil's support to it, i can safely assume that (most if not all) ferrari fanbois have gone nuts :p

thanx to Renegade and KingKrool for giving em a free lesson on english grammer and composition. :eek:hyeah:
Nikhil said:
better if their problems are identified pre-season instead of in the middle of a race like McLaren
i'd rather prefer 2 wins and 2 blow-offs (in mclaren style) than 4 finishes at the middle/end of the pack (in ferrari style). tat essentially means guaranteed 20 points versus a possible 8 or 4 (being very optimistic). Look at the last year's results, no doubt ferrari were more reliable of the two but its mclaren who scored almost double of wat ferrari scored. :D

^ Unreliability seldom makes for good racing. I want to see every driver finish which happened only once last season.
Ofcourse final lap drama like the McLaren loose suspension is always welcome.

no team wants its car to go out mid-race. mclaren tried to make a fast car and u know they succeeded in tat! yeah..agreed it was a bit unreliable but tats part of racing. a few blown engines and technical failures here and there can be expected when ur trying to push the machinery to the limit.

mclaren cud have worked more on reliability and compromised on speed but tat wud have failed to provide us some excellent (and spectacular) races in the end. mclaren tried to find a perfect balance with a slight tilt towards speed and that in a way worked for em last season if not for the first few races of the season where renault took the championship away!

Back