Mehenga roye ek baar, sasta roye baar baar - Your Stories

Good to see a lot of wise spenders here. I used to waste a lot of money (impulse buying, smartphones, pc upgrades, etc) but i've learnt to spend only on stuff i need and not what i want. Now my credit card is used only for paying bills, petrol , etc. I was stuck in a debt cycle for like 2 years before i made some amends. I prefer quality/expensive stuff over cheap alternatives too and I research a lot before i put my money down.
I also don't care much about spending on branded clothes now. I still get stuff from decent brands like Wrangler etc but avoid overpriced clothing where you are just paying for the label.

Cool thread.
Do we have a list of Recommended and Black-listed brands (depending on multiple responses and service feedback) here on TE?
If not,let's make one :D

Mine wrecked in 6 months. (http://www.flipkart.com/woodland-ou...land&ref=3dbe5993-d903-4b56-99b0-55c6943b7b37)

Bought them because was sick of my average Adidas and Reebok sport shoes not lasting more than 6 months. Turns out Woodlands last about the same.

Are woodland shoes (to wear under jeans) generally good ? I have reebok ones and although they are good but the inside padding has almost gone and plastic is visible.
I would now want to buy some reliable shoes.

Reebok's absolutely suck. Earlier, they used to be so good, but ever since Adidas bought them, they've turned cheap, cheap, cheap! My last paid (bought for~ 4K) had their stiching ripped where the big toe is. Then the sole literally fell off during my company offsite. :mad::mad:

Have bought a pair of Adidas shoes this time. Hopefully they will last. My problem is that I have huge feet and am flat footed to boot

Last edited:
Reebok's were the best in the 2001-2003 DMX era. All Nike, Adidas and Reebok shoes look like they are built in Bangladeshi sweat shops and yet they cost a bomb.
I think they only focused on that cheapass watch, trackpant, shoe combo advertised everywhere and forgot about everything else. Afaik Reebok India management was also involved in financial fraud earlier this year so i have no hopes for the brand.
I switched to Puma 5 years back and i don't plan to switch anytime soon.

@AMG - Around 4-5 people at my workplace have used that pair for years and had to get rid of it because they wanted a change not because it wore out. What environment was yours used in ?

P.S. I bought the Future suede lite from Puma in April, killer shoes, super lightweight but they pretty much slip on any surface except tar and concrete so avoid getting these.
Edit : Looks like they fixed it in the newer pairs. The older sole is on the right.

2u9q0ps.jpg

Last edited:
Not many people know this but PUMA now has manufacturing in India (locally) instead of importing from other countries...

Though their designs are great but since I don't own them can't say anything about the quality.... Is it affected in any way being manufactured in India....

Not many people know this but PUMA now has manufacturing in India (locally) instead of importing from other countries...
Though their designs are great but since I don't own them can't say anything about the quality.... Is it affected in any way being manufactured in India....

I got the last pair in April this year, quality is still top notch. Thanks for the heads up, will check in stores before ordering the next pair, i hope the quality level stays as it is.

I bought Puma Mobium Elite for 5500 last month and the quality of those shoes is great. Ordered some Puma shoes off Flipkart on sale for 1500 a few days ago and they were pathetic. Guess you get what you pay for.

After using skechers I switched to true religion shoes and it is still good after 3 years. very comfortable to wear and durable.

True religion is one of the top brands for jeans, not sure about the shoes though.

I've been using a pair of Nike for the past three years and they have started to wear out only now but still usable.

Most Nike, adidas and reebok stuff is also manufactured in india only, hardly 5% of the stuff is imported. Manufactured by companies in Haryana... NCR..

Nice thread.

When my airtel given Beetel 220Bx conked off, looked for second hand alternatives, found one through OLX, got a replacement for Rs.300, lasted me 6 months with frequent disconnection became unusable at one point, then went and bought a new Dlink ADSL modem off flipkart and am a happy camper.

:(The topic title is not necessarily true . While building PC I went for Asus motherboard which was pricest motherboard (and termed as best) in the particular category I was looking for. It developed problems within a mont. Same problem arose after repairing and had a harrowing time replacing it. Got cheaper Gigabyte board in same category and it is working fine since then.

:(The topic title is not necessarily true . While building PC I went for Asus motherboard which was pricest motherboard (and termed as best) in the particular category I was looking for. It developed problems within a mont. Same problem arose after repairing and had a harrowing time replacing it. Got cheaper Gigabyte board in same category and it is working fine since then.
Exceptions are there always ;)

Back