Mehenga roye ek baar, sasta roye baar baar - Your Stories

Well, GIgabyte is a leader in mobos.

This thread relates more towards branded vs non branded goods/products

From what I understand, the topic says for good durable things you need to pay premium. All I am saying that even cheaper goods from smaller/ little known brands are sometimes good and durable. Example, 1) even when Soundmagic was a little known company, its earphones were better and cheaper than many known brands. 2) Many of my friends have Micromax phones including myself and have never faced any problems (of course the risk of phones going bad is high with Mircomax phones).

I got a story with my beard trimmers:

1. it was 150 rs only lasted for 2 months.. Battery sucked

2. I purchased for 200 then without battery one. But it didn't stood to my expectations

3. I have purchased a good panasonic one for 900 and it trim very fast and is quite good

i was suffer lot of problem about buying same brand and i decide to switch random brand with most reliable how long it last life cycle depend on mobile, motherboard ram, graphic card monitor also car and bike

p.s i bought Suzuki 125 cc for more power but after 3 year the service center has been stop due to poor after sale and hard to travel service center which take long time to fix the parts issue

and in local dealer they are try to fool me avoid online which has warranty issue as they are not responsibility for claim it which i learn that they are try to bring back old customer to buy it at 5-10% extra price

During my masters - since the academic block was quite far from the hostels, bicycle was the preferred mode of transport.
I had bought a new one while my friend bought a 2nd hand from some out going student to save few hundreds (don't remember exactly, but it was around 700/800 less than mine). Damn, he didn't buy a cycle, but bought a problem. Heard the phrase 'everything but wheel moves. everything but the bell sounds'? It was an example of that.

So, why I AM crying about it? Because, always it was me who had to carry him in my cycle's rear carrier. Of course he had to pay for my chai-samosa, and I had carried him for almost 2 years. :D

Bumping my old thread.

Bought fake airpods pro for Rs. 1350. Really crap. I mean look wise they are superb and can fool anyone. Has all fancy animations and all. Sound quality is strictly ok, you will knew immediately you are listening to crap earbuds. But issue was connectivity is not great and music keeps pausing all the time (known issue).

I fully knew what I was getting into and bought this knowing it may be crap.

When it comes to shoes… i swear by hokas. They are the most expensive. But they are not luxury brand.

Story time. One fine day, I was looking for a wireless mouse around 2-3 years ago, to carry it with me on travel. Selected a cheap logitech mouse after watching some youtube videos. But Amazon didn't have it in stock, only "renewed" was available. I had never bought anything refurbished/renewed before, but I thought let's try it. So I got it and to my surprise, I received a new mouse. Seal pack and all. I thought Amazon had lost it. Anyway, that opened a new door for me. I bought many "renewed" products from there on, mostly in around 500-2000 range. They would often be at 60-70% of the original price and most of them were open-box products, stuff that people returned for any number of reasons. Occasionally, I'd get faulty products but Amazon returns are easy and so I enjoyed the deep discounts and bought many such items. At this point, you may think that I am posting under the wrong thread, but the story begins just now.

So, I had never bought anything more expensive than say 2-3K, but I was now looking for a monitor for my new rig, and I came across "renewed" monitors which were priced around 5-7K less than their original brand-new prices. I thought why not? Some people must have returned these for stupid reasons like it heats up and IPS glow and all that. So I went ahead and bought Gigabyte M27Q for 26K (new one was 31K at that time). The monitor came to my city after 3 days of wait and all day showed "Out for delivery" and finally at 7 PM, it showed "Rejected by customer at time of delivery". I called up customer care, they said they can't do anything. I'll get my refund and order again. I did. After 3-4 days of wait, I got a new monitor, looked almost unused and only box-opened. But when I switched it on, there were horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen for about 3-4 inches of screen area. FML. I started the return process again. The return process for anything about 20K is not as easy as I was used to for smaller-amount items. I had to call them 3 times and upload the photos of the said horizontal lines and finally it was accepted. Got the refund. Even at this point, my pea-sized brain didn't realise my mistake. I was like, must be bad luck. It's just one bad monitor. Maybe Gigabyte is just shitty. I went ahead and ordered LG GL850, this one for 29K (the new one was 34K at that time). Specs wise, LG was inferior but LG as a brand has a better image and all my LG appliances have never given me any pain. So after 3-4 days again, the monitor got delivered and it turned out to be a dud. There was just no display after turning it on. Tried to return it and as usual had to go through 3-4 calls and photos upload and all, and then it was approved for replacement. Another 4-5 days later, the replacement came and this time, all looked well. The monitor worked like a charm and through HDMI it went upto 100hz only. I googled a bit and realised I need DP to max it at 144hz. Tried to plug DP port in and found out it was too loose. Like if you have used DP cables, you know it comes with a locking mechanism, this one just couldn't hold the cable tightly. Sometimes the display showed and sometimes it got loose and I would lose picture. I got so frustrated. I returned it again and after 4-5 calls and explaining the fault to some very "capable" customer support guys, the refund request was approved. Geez! No more renewed/refurb products for me! Never again!

Got a brand new Gigabyte M27Q as it was my first choice and I realised all faults were because of Amazon's shitty "renewed" system where they just palm off returned products without checking why the customers are even returning them in the first place. It's running well now. Lesson learned.

Story time. One fine day, I was looking for a wireless mouse around 2-3 years ago, to carry it with me on travel. Selected a cheap logitech mouse after watching some youtube videos. But Amazon didn't have it in stock, only "renewed" was available. I had never bought anything refurbished/renewed before, but I thought let's try it. So I got it and to my surprise, I received a new mouse. Seal pack and all. I thought Amazon had lost it. Anyway, that opened a new door for me. I bought many "renewed" products from there on, mostly in around 500-2000 range. They would often be at 60-70% of the original price and most of them were open-box products, stuff that people returned for any number of reasons. Occasionally, I'd get faulty products but Amazon returns are easy and so I enjoyed the deep discounts and bought many such items. At this point, you may think that I am posting under the wrong thread, but the story begins just now.

So, I had never bought anything more expensive than say 2-3K, but I was now looking for a monitor for my new rig, and I came across "renewed" monitors which were priced around 5-7K less than their original brand-new prices. I thought why not? Some people must have returned these for stupid reasons like it heats up and IPS glow and all that. So I went ahead and bought Gigabyte M27Q for 26K (new one was 31K at that time). The monitor came to my city after 3 days of wait and all day showed "Out for delivery" and finally at 7 PM, it showed "Rejected by customer at time of delivery". I called up customer care, they said they can't do anything. I'll get my refund and order again. I did. After 3-4 days of wait, I got a new monitor, looked almost unused and only box-opened. But when I switched it on, there were horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen for about 3-4 inches of screen area. FML. I started the return process again. The return process for anything about 20K is not as easy as I was used to for smaller-amount items. I had to call them 3 times and upload the photos of the said horizontal lines and finally it was accepted. Got the refund. Even at this point, my pea-sized brain didn't realise my mistake. I was like, must be bad luck. It's just one bad monitor. Maybe Gigabyte is just shitty. I went ahead and ordered LG GL850, this one for 29K (the new one was 34K at that time). Specs wise, LG was inferior but LG as a brand has a better image and all my LG appliances have never given me any pain. So after 3-4 days again, the monitor got delivered and it turned out to be a dud. There was just no display after turning it on. Tried to return it and as usual had to go through 3-4 calls and photos upload and all, and then it was approved for replacement. Another 4-5 days later, the replacement came and this time, all looked well. The monitor worked like a charm and through HDMI it went upto 100hz only. I googled a bit and realised I need DP to max it at 144hz. Tried to plug DP port in and found out it was too loose. Like if you have used DP cables, you know it comes with a locking mechanism, this one just couldn't hold the cable tightly. Sometimes the display showed and sometimes it got loose and I would lose picture. I got so frustrated. I returned it again and after 4-5 calls and explaining the fault to some very "capable" customer support guys, the refund request was approved. Geez! No more renewed/refurb products for me! Never again!

Got a brand new Gigabyte M27Q as it was my first choice and I realised all faults were because of Amazon's shitty "renewed" system where they just palm off returned products without checking why the customers are even returning them in the first place. It's running well now. Lesson learned.
Thanks for sharing this experience.
I know mostly for cheaper product it must be open-box but it is real pain if you get something faulty.

Back