Mi 11 Ultra at 70K

lul.

btw why did you ignore this? : (

As it is irrelevant for this thread

1. You are commenting on a 70k phone based on a 20k phone from the brand wo not sure what credence it has

2. Miui is different for different phones and as i said the experience i have had on mi3 and other flagship phones has been top notch

3. Even for the device you are quoting you have, Your experience is completely different from what I have observed and almost a million reviews of the phone so not sure you should probably get your device checked as that may be the reason for slowdown

Also surprised to see you step away from the camera discussion in 5 seconds once I gave you factual proofs of the hypothetical concerns you had.

As expected now you are backing off your claims of "pixel camera being shit and comparable to iphone 6" as quickly as Corona spreads in our country

As it is irrelevant for this thread

1. You are commenting on a 70k phone based on a 20k phone from the brand wo not sure what credence it has

2. Miui is different for different phones and as i said the experience i have had on mi3 and other flagship phones has been top notch

3. Even for the device you are quoting you have, Your experience is completely different from what I have observed and almost a million reviews of the phone so not sure you should probably get your device checked as that may be the reason for slowdown

Also surprised to see you step away from the camera discussion in 5 seconds once I gave you factual proofs of the hypothetical concerns you had.
you clearly have problems comprehending. i stop here.

3. super observation dear. 6th sense? please join x3 pro telegram group and you'll hear tens and hundreds of the same opinion. bye mister.

Why Xiaomi really needs to work on its software if it's asking 70k from consumers...

They really need to improve on privacy/security but their UI is solid and it's liking imo should be subjective. In my case after changing those ugly square icons I actually came to like how responsive the UI is. At least unlike Samsung they don't differentiate premium with two UI, one for M series and one for their premium offerings.

MIUI is solid when it comes to long-term usage, my redmi note 3 is still snappy after all these years. And I wouldn't take beebom reviews seriously, they're very biased.

Yup agree to an extent with the biasness. My moot point was with the GetApps, useless notifications, permissions taken up by Security app, face emoji keyboard (or whatever it's called) which, frankly, a user won't want when he is paying 70k.
Not saying they should be there on mid-range and budget phones, but these are some points, which, if considered, can make Miui compete with others.

The main advantages of Xiaomi

For the price - hardware is great
After sales parts dont cost a bomb

Cons

Software - but I use the debloater and works great for nearly 90% of the issues
Ads - not seen any because of the above
Updates - a joke. Next year or end of year should be switching to a custom ROM.

MIUI is solid when it comes to long-term usage, my redmi note 3 is still snappy after all these years.
this is what i thought too. had a note 3 in the past and miui was fine. it just sucks compared to the competition now. would you expect a device with 860 to stutter every second and chrome to run in 30fps? i really didn't want to even root the device but i was forced to switch to a custom rom.

p.s: massive bloatware too. debloat didn't help the overall user experience.

this is what i thought too. had a note 3 in the past and miui was fine. it just sucks compared to the competition now. would you expect a device with 860 to stutter every second and chrome to run in 30fps? i really didn't want to even root the device but i was forced to switch to a custom rom.

p.s: massive bloatware too. debloat didn't help the overall user experience.
You have the mi 11 ultra? Your review should help the people here. Do share more of your thoughts.
I've only used Mi 3, redmi note 3 , k20 Pro and they all have been very good when it comes to UI in the long-term so I figured it'd be the same in their top end. I didn't see any reviews complain about it either. Compared to this my current LG G8x has already started lagging after 7 months, have seen the same with Samsung's S8/note 8.

You have the mi 11 ultra? Your review should help the people here. Do share more of your thoughts.
I've only used Mi 3, redmi note 3 , k20 Pro and they all have been very good when it comes to UI in the long-term so I figured it'd be the same in their top end. I didn't see any reviews complain about it either. Compared to this my current LG G8x has already started lagging after 7 months, have seen the same with Samsung's S8/note 8.
i said 860 mate. mi 11 ultra has 888. guess it's ot then sorry.

reviews mention shit. miui lag is a common complaint fyi and afaik.

p.s: just my 2 cents. miui is not fit for expensive flagships.

edit: looked at some reviews for this phone for the first time. this is what I could find about the software. :) if you're ok and can overlook such issues after paying 70k for a phone, go ahead. but i'm 100% sure who can overlook such issues has never paid that much for a phone.

MIUI has become a divisive subject among Xiaomi phone users, with some loving it and others finding it a nightmare to use, but fortunately it’s fairly easy to install a custom OS as long as you're reasonably tech-savvy, or can follow a YouTube tutorial.
lol seriously? has it gotten to that point? custom rom on a flagship review page?

• Touch response is terrible - frequently disengages
  • Battery life is stretched given feature set
  • Rear screen is a gimmick - accidental touch can be a problem
  • Camera bump is huge
  • Ongoing irks with MIUI software

I mean, MIUI 12 is still a mess. We talked about it in-depth in our Mi 11 review, so check that review out instead
But, I discovered something even more problematic – MIUI 12 is even messier than I thought. Recently, I wanted to do some screen recording on MI 11 Ultra to show off some stuff but I realized this issue.

As for software, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra ships with the company’s MIUI v12 on top of Android 11. The software experience on the smartphone is a mixed bag and while the handset won’t clutter your notifications tray with ads, the phone still comes with bloatware and duplicate apps.

from a poco x3 pro user.
20 days ago

Last edited:
i said 860 mate. mi 11 ultra has 888. guess it's ot then sorry.

reviews mention shit. miui lag is a common complaint fyi and afaik.

p.s: just my 2 cents. miui is not fit for expensive flagships.

edit: looked at some reviews for this phone for the first time. this is what I could find about the software. :) if you're ok and can overlook such issues after paying 70k for a phone, go ahead. but i'm 100% sure who can overlook such issues has never paid that much for a phone.

lol seriously? has it gotten to that point? custom rom on a flagship review page?

from a poco x3 pro user.
20 days ago
These are nit picking, can be done for any mobile. The only real cons I find are the uneven weight distribution with the big camera bump and may be UI if it's really that bad but from my experience I can't say it's that bad. If you can get past that it's a very good mobile. Comparing it to s21 ultra you should know that Indian variant has exynos in it and it's just bad when it comes to continuous heavy usage it overheats to 63c and throttles badly lol. If you want a overall better device I'd prefer the phone 12 in this range if you can live with 128gb and pay a little premium.

These are nit picking, can be done for any mobile.
Exactly.

Many people fail to comprehend that paying 70k doesn't mean you will get a supercomputer inside a smartphone.
There are a lot of reviewers out there who give their personal opinion on the device. That doesn't necessarily make it a universal truth.
In the end, it's your money and your decision whether it is worth your money or not.

In my experience with MIUI, I don't recall ever facing any lags. But yes, there were occasional hiccups where the whole phone would freeze and need a reboot to get out of it.
I have used the likes of Redmi Note 3, 5, Poco F1, K20, etc.

I don't really know who this phone is aimed at. Might be just a Halo product Mi has no intention of make a profit from, but lets see. At 70k, i'd honestly just get an S21/S21+ if I was looking for an Android phone and people spending that much on a phone tend to earn enough and should be older than the target audience (which I feel might be a younger crowd more focussed on specs, rather than the user experience but how they'll get the 70k for this phone I do not know).
It might have a better cameras but Samsung has improved their consistency (still not close to an iphone or a pixel, but not as bad as before) in their cameras and it should be almost as good for most people in most conditions (daylight) but i'll give this one to the Mi.

I honestly can't see anything it has over an S21+ apart from the cameras that will affect daily usage in any significant way.
Displays ? Both are equal but the Mi has a better resolution so it probably has an edge but nothing game changing
Speakers ? Again similar
Performance ? Exynos isn't as trash this generation but i'll give Mi this one (again, nothing major)
After Sales service ? Samsung
Accessories ? Samsung
UI and S/W support ? Samsung
UX and convenience (samsung pay, etc) ? Samsung
Charging ? Both are good enough. And no there is not much of a difference between 60W and 25/45W in daily usage. Both are fast enough
Battery life ? Samsung seems more consistent due to less UI bloat (imagine saying that, lol)

I feel Mi is great at producing sub 50k phones and they have no competition there but once they reach the premium segment, just specs alone will not help. The Experience matters more than just the hardware and they are lacking in it currently. I'm not even going into the brand value debate which has a its merits.

These are nit picking, can be done for any mobile. The only real cons I find are the uneven weight distribution with the big camera bump and may be UI if it's really that bad but from my experience I can't say it's that bad. If you can get past that it's a very good mobile. Comparing it to s21 ultra you should know that Indian variant has exynos in it and it's just bad when it comes to continuous heavy usage it overheats to 63c and throttles badly lol. If you want a overall better device I'd prefer the phone 12 in this range if you can live with 128gb and pay a little premium.
these are not nit picking. these are actual real problems one can't expect from a phone of 70k. and like i previously mentioned, i did not even look at hardware cons. all i did was show how bad their software is. i've heard even the snapdragon 888 has overheating issues on the 9 pro. these can be considered nit picking if the phone was 40k or 50k at the max.
Exactly.

Many people fail to comprehend that paying 70k doesn't mean you will get a supercomputer inside a smartphone.

In my experience with MIUI, I don't recall ever facing any lags. But yes, there were occasional hiccups where the whole phone would freeze and need a reboot to get out of it.
I have used the likes of Redmi Note 3, 5, Poco F1, K20, etc.
how ironic. people who think they're getting a superphone for 70k are the ones who go behind crazy spec sheets not the other way round :)

just re iterates my point that who can live with these little annoyances have never owned a proper flagship.
I feel Mi is great at producing sub 50k phones and they have no competition there but once they reach the premium segment, just specs alone will not help. The Experience matters more than just the hardware and they are lacking in it currently. I'm not even going into the brand value debate which has a its merits.
exactly.
to makes things worse there are stupid youtubers who even go on to say xiaomi has crushed samsung xD. sure. spec sheet yes. overall experience? a huge no.

@ankushv Regarding the ads, again they are a major nuisance, but I have read here on TE that the ads can be easily removed with a few changes in the settings.
Few and easy is subjective. It took me half a day and a utility run over command prompt to clean up the ads and bloat from miui in a poco M3 - and that's a phone supposed to have less bloat and ads than an mi phone

just re iterates my point that who can live with these little annoyances have never owned a proper flagship.
Haha here we go again. This person or that person doesnt confirm to my confirmation bias so either this person is not real or foolish or gareeb or unintelligible. This is the smallest level of bias observed at thwarted levels of development observed when one simply isn't able to account for others point of views.

Just because they don't agree with your hypothetical views, obviously they don't know how to buy a phone. Wow, what logic

Why do you always feel the need to bring down the other person who doesn't go along with your expected view of the world. In every thread it is either android users don't know what's a good phone which is why they don't go for my beloved ios. Or this person doesn't know what a "truly" good phone is, that is why they didn't purchase the only brand in the world that has the right to sell overpriced phones.

Imagine if everyone vilified your lakhs of rupees you have wasted on ios devices and labeled you day and night as unintelligible for making those purchases. You will quickly stop treating others like that when they will rob you off your buyers high each time every time for wasting your money (assuming it's your earned money) as you don't know how to spend it

Last edited:
Requirements for a good phone budget or otherwise .
Great screen > good lag free smooth ui (regular securityupdates)> good battery life > adequate storage + ram > good camera >good after sales support .

Back