Mi TV Stick or Google Chromecast 3 ? + Basic Stick Questions

rawfiul

Disciple
I recently got an old HD TV fixed and wanted to make it "smart"

Im new to the streaming stick fashion, i want an android based stick because of better app library (assuming)

1, Out of Mi TV Stick and Google Chromecast 3, which has better hardware?

2. Im aware chromecast doesnt come with a remote, is it used just to mirror the screen of a connected device or does it actually has an inbuilt OS that can run on it own ?

3. Can i used Mi TV Stick with app remotes? im worried about physical remote failure.

4. Do sticks need constant power or is there a battery system?

Thanks a lot. Please feel free to direct me to other streaming sticks if they are significantly better for some reason

There is new version of chromecast that comes with remote too. I personally prefer physical remote.

Amazon Fire stick is also an option and although it does not come with Google play store, you can still side load almost any apk. I personally prefer fire stick as I have new using them since 2015 and have 2 sticks in 2 TVs at home and 3rd tv is onida smart tv which runs on fire os.

you can still side load almost any apk
wow didnt know that

the firestick 2021 edition comes out end of this month
and chromecast plus google tv is not announced to india yet

i considered Mi TV Stick because its cheap, has google apps, has remote and runs 1080p

wow didnt know that

the firestick 2021 edition comes out end of this month
and chromecast plus google tv is not announced to india yet

i considered Mi TV Stick because its cheap, has google apps, has remote and runs 1080p
Mi sticj and Chromecast both will require power from a USB adapter. Just get the mi stick or firestick lite.

There is new version of chromecast that comes with remote too. I personally prefer physical remote.

Amazon Fire stick is also an option and although it does not come with Google play store, you can still side load almost any apk. I personally prefer fire stick as I have new using them since 2015 and have 2 sticks in 2 TVs at home and 3rd tv is onida smart tv which runs on fire os.
Did you install a custom ROM on your Onida TV ?
I have Onida Smart tv as well but Netflix and Amazon Prime wont run on same.. (not supported)

Did you install a custom ROM on your Onida TV ?
I have Onida Smart tv as well but Netflix and Amazon Prime wont run on same.. (not supported)

Mine is onida fire tv edition. It's smart tv is powered by fire tv OS itself. It's like inbuilt firestick inside tv.

Back