Micromax Funbook (Allwinner A10 based tablets) Discussion Thread

So, in a shootout between NxG tab plus, funbook, and the karbonn smart tab who is the winner? or is it a pick your poison kind of deal, with the NxG having the best screen, the smart tab being the best out of the box, and the FB the most moddable?

So, in a shootout between NxG tab plus, funbook, and the karbonn smart tab who is the winner? or is it a pick your poison kind of deal, with the NxG having the best screen, the smart tab being the best out of the box, and the FB the most moddable?
Karbonn tab is just flop tab. Never buy it.

guys after flashing cyanbook 0.4, i am getting around 3 hours of battery life. is it so for everybody or just me. And the early shut down problem seems to have gone with cyanbook as the tab is giving warnings at 15% and below and shutting donw when the battery goes below 4%

3 hours of surfing with wifi or playing games. Also I noticed that after keeping it in standby and coming out it shows wrong battery power. I kept it on in night( screen was off, so i am ssuming that it wnet into standby mode), in night it was showing 30 battery and in the morning when i unlocked it it was still showing 30 %, but when i started watching movie on it, after 5 mins or so it became below 15. is it that it consumed 15 % in standby mode?? and if the answer is yes, why it was not showing 15 % right when it came out of standby.

Also, while watching moview, the task bar is not hiding automatically. I have tried to the following for hiding task bar as well. went to setings>system>combinedbar>autohide and checked the box. but then it completely hides it even on home screen and everywhwere else. so how to hide it only during watching movies. in funbook stock rom, it used to autohide while watching. i used MX player in both roms(stock rom and cyanbook) but not hiding in cyanbook

I too was getting around 3 hours of web browsing/games/downloading apps from play store on stock ROM from 100% to 20% of battery life.
Haven't tried it on Cyanbook though.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Also, while watching moview, the task bar is not hiding automatically. I have tried to the following for hiding task bar as well. went to setings>system>combinedbar>autohide and checked the box. but then it completely hides it even on home screen and everywhwere else. so how to hide it only during watching movies. in funbook stock rom, it used to autohide while watching. i used MX player in both roms(stock rom and cyanbook) but not hiding in cyanbook
The taskbar gets automatically hidden on my FB using MX Player.
I think you need to change some setting in the player for that, don't remember exactly.
Will check it soon if you don't get it.

Edit: Why does "percentage sign" gets displayed as "&#37 ;" on techenclave forums?

Low battery is another problem with all these chinese brand tablets! Better to spend on a reliable tablet(Nexus 7, Samsung Tab 7.0 or an iPad(10hours+))

Low battery is another problem with all these chinese brand tablets! Better to spend on a reliable tablet(Nexus 7, Samsung Tab 7.0 or an iPad(10hours+))
The Funbook costs below 7k. The tablets you are referring to cost at least 10k more than Funbook.
So it is completely incorrect to compare the battery life with the above mentioned tablets.
Also Funbook is majorly targeted at those who want to experience Android OS for the very first time.
If you have the bucks with you, then you got to aim for so called reliable tablets.

Who said to you that?? Micromax Funbook gives 5 hours battery on moderate using.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Micromax Funbook is not like other chinese cheap tab. Its build, performance and look is lot better than its competitor.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

^^ Is it THAT bad?
Yes its actually a Ainol Nova 7 Paladin with crap OS. Just check the igyaan review in youtube

You have to give it a few moments for the widgets to refresh.

How much more were you expecting with the 2800 mAh battery?

I have told 3 hours very liberally. it is in between 2 and 3 hours. also I am asking this as people have quoted around 4 hours of battery life

also I have given few minutes to widget to refresh. but it shows difference only when I start working on something
also how to do full screen for movies in cyan book that is hide task bar/status bar

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

I too was getting around 3 hours of web browsing/games/downloading apps from play store on stock ROM from 100% to 20% of battery life.
Haven't tried it on Cyanbook though.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

The taskbar gets automatically hidden on my FB using MX Player.
I think you need to change some setting in the player for that, don't remember exactly.
Will check it soon if you don't get it.

Edit: Why does "percentage sign" gets displayed as "&#37 ;" on techenclave forums?
I am not talking about original from of fun book. it hides on that but not on cyanbook

While playing games OR movies, we get around 2~3 hours or more. But that is not what I use it for, I use for ebooks. I get around ~8 hours easily with fbreader.

sadness :( , gave for warranty and i got it back in 3 days repaired only to see that screen has lost its clarity and has lot of pixelation and flickering :|

That's bad. So they replaced faulty display under warranty with another not-far-from-faulty display?
@fLUX did you pursue further?

Last edited by a moderator:
not yet , will be going again tommorow. Problem is they close at 6.30 pm and my office leaves at 6 pm , so its kinda hard to rush in to the place at that point of time so need to go on saturdays only

Back