Micromax Funbook (Allwinner A10 based tablets) Discussion Thread

Nope, just like comp@ddict I am waiting for a more stable release like Cyanbook v0.4.

thanks for the update bro and special thanks to karndev for the new rom. I am still on cyanbook 0.4 and happy with it with few issues here and there, I will wait until this rom becomes more stable as i am not the one who changes rom very frequently

Does anyone know how to stop the clicking noise while typing on the Funbook? Deactivation the system sounds doesn't seem to work. I hate it when it goes "click-click" when I type using the onscreen KB. :annoyed:

Does anyone know how to stop the clicking noise while typing on the Funbook? Deactivation the system sounds doesn't seem to work. I hate it when it goes "click-click" when I type using the onscreen KB. :annoyed:

cx0CK.png

1)Open Android standard keyboard
2) Click on setting as shown in figure.

uCWMg.png

3) Touch on Andriod keyboard setting.

xVboi.png

4) Now uncheck Sound on "keypress option"

@Tenida: Exactly what I needed to know and better still you posted it with screenshots. I tried it on my Funbook right now and no more annoying "click" sounds while typing anymore. A definite +1 to your Rep! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Will download directly on external HDD :D

You were able to connect external HDD to your Funbook? What was the capacity of the drive? OTOH, I connected a spare Logitech MX518 mouse to the device via the USB OTG cable only to have the device crash on me after 2-3 minutes of using the mouse. :(

You were able to connect external HDD to your Funbook? What was the capacity of the drive? OTOH, I connected a spare Logitech MX518 mouse to the device via the USB OTG cable only to have the device crash on me after 2-3 minutes of using the mouse. :(

External HDD with power cable (1TB)
I was succesfully connected Wireless combo Logitech MK250 few days ago . I think MK518 taking too much power that's why crashing. Btw. External hdd (portable) giving problem on Funbook.

@Tenida: Aaah.. so the powered HDD's do show up on Funbook then. This is nice to know mate. As for the mouse I also thought it was the power draw of the MX518 that caused it to crash. Maybe I'll try with a simpler mouse and see if it works. :)

@Tenida: Aaah.. so the powered HDD's do show up on Funbook then. This is nice to know mate. As for the mouse I also thought it was the power draw of the MX518 that caused it to crash. Maybe I'll try with a simpler mouse and see if it works. :)

You can even transfer files wireless with the help of awesome apps called "Airdroid" :)

Tenida: Will try Airdroid, sounds like a nifty app to have for transferring files.

But tell me something... why does the Funbook always act "weirdly" when the charger is plugged in? By saying "weird" I mean these things begin happening:

- Browser starts to lag (annoying!!).
- Browser completely stops to respond and then subsequently throws up an error asking if I would like to close the browser since it has stopped responding.
- I open an app and sometimes something else pops open as well.
- Zooming in/out on webpages becomes very glitchy and unresponsive.

If I detach the charger then everything works like it should and seamlessly again! Any clues as to why this is happening? :unsure:

Black_Hawk

why does the Funbook always act "weirdly" when the charger is plugged in? By saying "weird" I mean these things begin happening:
Default charger comes with a output of 5V-1.5A. 1.5A output causing this problem. I am using OLD LG charge which is compatible with Funbook and it has 5V-1A output and its running fine without any flickering problem whatsoever.
Solution-Try to buy a compatible charger with 1A output or lower.

- Browser starts to lag (annoying!!).
You on stock rom?
Lags because of limited memory but you can easily overcome this issue by below mentioned apps.
Solution: Use Opera Mobile and Smart Ram Boaster.

- Browser completely stops to respond and then subsequently throws up an error asking if I would like to close the browser since it has stopped responding.
Use above solution

- I open an app and sometimes something else pops open as well.
Its OS glitch maybe
- Zooming in/out on webpages becomes very glitchy and unresponsive.
Its because of low memory. Lots of ghost task usually runs in Android 4.0.3 and makes the system lag and unresponsive. Use that apps to overcome this issue.
If I detach the charger then everything works like it should and seamlessly again! Any clues as to why this is happening?
unsure.png
Change the charger.

@Tenida: Many thanks for answering to all my queries! :)

I'll try and see if I do have an old LG mobile charger lying around somewhere in my crib. Yes mate, I'm on stock ROM so will surely try Smart RAM Booster and use Opera for my browsing needs from now on. Are you downloading your torrents via the Funbook now?

how does the MFB recognises external portable hdd & more so u r able to work on/download torrents to it? ...is the portable hdd formatted to FAT/FAT32? I don't know of yet any Mobile/Smartphones or tablets working or recognising portable HDD formatted to NTFS!

how does the MFB recognises external portable hdd & more so u r able to work on/download torrents to it? ...is the portable hdd formatted to FAT/FAT32? I don't know of yet any Mobile/Smartphones or tablets working or recognising portable HDD formatted to NTFS!

A HDD which is powered externally is supported by the Funbook. Should you connect a portable HDD (which isn't externally powered) the Funbook would simply crash and turn off.

I think u have NOT followed or understood my question correctly! Even after taking all your precautions to book , would the MFB still read a NTFS formatted HDD which they natively comes in OOB? My issue is about MFB reading particular file systems which is default in the current portable external or internal HDD's (here NTFS)& Not abt powering them, &which if done i.e try to connect through the MFB USB OTG port will surely crash & any sane mind can understand that !

Back