Micromax Funbook (Allwinner A10 based tablets) Discussion Thread

JellyBean Book Beta 0.2 out.

Anybody tried yet?
Just flashed Beta 2 today.
First thing I noticed that the menus do open a lot quicker and with cooler animations compared to ICS. Rest of the navigation speed feels pretty much the same.
More details coming tomorrow...

Just flashed Beta 2 today.
First thing I noticed that the menus do open a lot quicker and with cooler animations compared to ICS. Rest of the navigation speed feels pretty much the same.
More details coming tomorrow...

Even I tried this Rom yesterday. Its fast and zappy,with cool boot animation however absence of Crt Mod and battery mod forced me to go back to CyanBook v0.4
Though there are some heating issues with CyanBook v0.4 clubbed with incomplete EA Games support ( like Asphalt 6 and 7 not running) still I love it due to its Crt animation :D

So except crt mod (dont want) and battery mod (want that)

Otherwise it can be stably used everyday right?

Also I need usb otg to work

Going to flash Jelly Bean tomorrow or day after. Actually waiting for fixed 0.3 release.

EDIT:

Version 0.3 out. Going to flash by tonight!

guys have anybody of faces a strange problem, when i am switiching on the funbook, it doesnt start,i pluigged into the charger, it shows the battery with a triagnle and exclamation mark in the center. I left it in charging mode for last 1 hour thinking the battery must have drained out, but its still showing the same sign whenever i tried to swtich it on and then it closes. Even on swtiching off the charging and switching back it shpows the traingle only

Facing a weird problem since yesterday - the time on my Funbook doesn't get updated if the screen is off, or if the tablet is off. Date and time stay frozen :s any fixes?

Sorry guys I couldn't update my views on Beta 2 :(
No point now since Beta 3 is out. Me too now on Beta 3.
Everything is going smooth as of now.

Only not reading Memory Card properly. Not able to play songs using Apollo. And no battery mod.

Waiting for final release. But till then using Beta 0.3

Only not reading Memory Card properly. Not able to play songs using Apollo. And no battery mod.

Waiting for final release. But till then using Beta 0.3
What's the exact issue you are facing with memory card? Which file manager are you using?
I am using Solid Explorer and it does well for me and so does Apollo.

Which battery mod are you talking about?

Dunno had heard of some battery mod. Blah

What is SuperCharger v6? How to get it working? It's much too complicated to get working. If anybody's done it, help would be appreciated.

Apollo simply doesn't load any list of songs. I try playing from File Browser, doesn't run.

Coincidentally I too was thinking of running V6 script, found it a bit complicated so will try it next weekend.

Anybody on SuperCharger? If you do end up using finally @YKW post here how to. Really wanna supercharge my tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:
u should also install the stable version of jelly bean in the micromax funbook .... i can share the link of the tutorials if you want ...i also bought the tab from snapdeal ... i didnt root my funbook but will on this weekend....

Back