Minimum recharge for jio prepaid to keep the number alive

Jio is by far the most expensive operator now . All the bulls#$it about cheap plan was all nonsense . I remember on launch Mota bhai had said all validity recharges would be 30 days or monthly . All that's vapourized now .
Using jio , airtel , vi and mtnl . Neither is jio the fastest network by far .
OT
Also jio fiber heavily censors the internet too .

I generally do a recharge of 369, which they increased now to 395. Lasts for like 84 days and gives unlimited calls and 6GB. For cost per day, I found it to be cheapest for what I need to do with it.

Jio is by far the most expensive operator now . All the bulls#$it about cheap plan was all nonsense . I remember on launch Mota bhai had said all validity recharges would be 30 days or monthly . All that's vapourized now .
Using jio , airtel , vi and mtnl . Neither is jio the fastest network by far .
OT
Also jio fiber heavily censors the internet too .
I know that when they were sim cards free in those days this is to milk the cow until it dies like theory so did not take it rather I took jio only after my existing bsnl sim got damaged and bsnl walas did not honor their new sim activation and I was forced to change to jio in 2017.

Later in 2018 I again changed my jio sim for personal reasons.

Even now I tell my wife about this jio fiber recharge what you want and use thingy is all a sham and took ACT Fibre and now am using BSNL Fibre and quite satisfied with it. No complaints what so ever and even if it stops they rectify it within 24hours.

I always used to suggest in these forums to take BSNL Fibre though I got mine recently. I enquired about this in my native place also and was forced to be content with ACT Fibre.

Here's my story..
I last recharged my Jio prepaid in Dec 21 with validity till Jan 17 2k22.

Today something clicked and tried to check on the sim and it wasn't getting network, registering manually as well failed.
Tried login via jip website using my email/pw and it failed too.

Finally called CC and they said my no is de-registered/disconnected. And no way to get it back. Sadly it was a semi-VIP no.

Worst part, I didn't received any disconnection sms nor em ail etc. Last sms was of Jan itself after expiry to continue recharging.

Now want to ask, is this with only Jio or all operators that after 90 days of no recharge, no. get disconnected with zero hope of reactivating same no.

I have two Vodafone numbers which I have not recharged since September last year. I thought that I would recharge in October but forgot. Then I got the SMS's in November that they have provided me with some 7 days credit or so on both my numbers. And they have been doing so continuously till now. I don't know if this is normal or not but this has kept both my numbers active till date without any recharge from my end.

I have two Vodafone numbers which I have not recharged since September last year. I thought that I would recharge in October but forgot. Then I got the SMS's in November that they have provided me with some 7 days credit or so on both my numbers. And they have been doing so continuously till now. I don't know if this is normal or not but this has kept both my numbers active till date without any recharge from my end.
Pretty normal with Vodafone. One of my number is active since 3+ years this way...

My Jio number is working despite no recharges in the past 3 years. I did pay for Jio Prime at some point, so not sure if that keeps the number active.

Same with my docomo turned airtel. Didn't recharged after Aug last yr but due to jio jhatka yesterday out of fear of loosing my vip no. recharge for 28 days.
seems only Jio has this pathetic policy of disconnecting nos.
My Jio number is working despite no recharges in the past 3 years. I did pay for Jio Prime at some point, so not sure if that keeps the number active.
DO it else you will lose your no in no time..

seems only Jio has this pathetic policy of disconnecting nos.
They have a large userbase, same with airtel. They both don't provide free/complementary validity at all. Meanwhile Vi does because they don't wanna lose more users even if they're a liability at this point.

They have a large userbase, same with airtel. They both don't provide free/complementary validity at all. Meanwhile Vi does because they don't wanna lose more users even if they're a liability at this point.
At least airtel doesnt have that shiity 90 days policy like serving some notice period..

Here's my story..
I last recharged my Jio prepaid in Dec 21 with validity till Jan 17 2k22.

Today something clicked and tried to check on the sim and it wasn't getting network, registering manually as well failed.
Tried login via jip website using my email/pw and it failed too.

Finally called CC and they said my no is de-registered/disconnected. And no way to get it back. Sadly it was a semi-VIP no.

Worst part, I didn't received any disconnection sms nor em ail etc. Last sms was of Jan itself after expiry to continue recharging.

Now want to ask, is this with only Jio or all operators that after 90 days of no recharge, no. get disconnected with zero hope of reactivating same no.
I too have a Jio number that I did not recharge since 2 years and it was obviously deactivated. This a new jhoomla of motabhai's company. Anyway, I just reached their service center, submitted my adhaar number to which the number was registered and a week later, my number is active. I am fed up of these hogwash clauses of Jio and I will port to Vodafone or Airtel after 3 months due to a TRAI rule, I cannot switch within 90 days of activating a number.

I too have a Jio number that I did not recharge since 2 years and it was obviously deactivated. This a new jhoomla of motabhai's company. Anyway, I just reached their service center, submitted my adhaar number to which the number was registered and a week later, my number is active. I am fed up of these hogwash clauses of Jio and I will port to Vodafone or Airtel after 3 months due to a TRAI rule, I cannot switch within 90 days of activating a number.
Is it? I mean even after your no. got deactivated you got same no. re-activated?
CC said me another story.

Is it? I mean even after your no. got deactivated you got same no. re-activated?
CC said me another story.
Yes, I activated the same number. Only if the number is not assigned to someone else, you can get it. From what I heard, this is a common issue wherein people took a Jio number because it was free and then registered it for some service but never made it their primary number so there did not recharge it actively thus resulted in eventually deactivation. So, Jio deactivates these dormant numbers but does not reassign them. Also, to clear this, you need to visit the service center instead of calling them up.

Jio is by far the most expensive operator now .

When they hired a PM of country as brand ambassador and poster boy .. what you have expected ??

modi-jio-ads_090516083427.jpg

this guy isn't cheap.... and is highest paid PR face of this planet. deal with it!

Yes, I activated the same number. Only if the number is not assigned to someone else, you can get it. From what I heard, this is a common issue wherein people took a Jio number because it was free and then registered it for some service but never made it their primary number so there did not recharge it actively thus resulted in eventually deactivation. So, Jio deactivates these dormant numbers but does not reassign them. Also, to clear this, you need to visit the service center instead of calling them up.
Just yesterady walked into there store and they too plainly said that its not possible to reactivate any old jio no. but only way is to buy a new connection. Same thing was explained by customer care person. This is for Pune circle btw. May be you are the luky ones.. Can you once again walk-in to the same center and confirm if thats zone specific or pan India (obviously jio policies will be pan India) but still.

I don't know if this is still applicable for new subscription but if you want lifetime free incoming and if you have the network service then get or port to Vi. I've been using it since old Idea and pre-merger with Voda days. Check with your local outlet. I haven't done any recharge in a long time. I still get regular incoming calls and msgs. Problem is Vi network is good only in the town area here.

I don't know if this is still applicable for new subscription but if you want lifetime free incoming and if you have the network service then get or port to Vi. I've been using it since old Idea and pre-merger with Voda days. Check with your local outlet. I haven't done any recharge in a long time. I still get regular incoming calls and msgs. Problem is Vi network is good only in the town area here.
i pay 2300 a year to keep my vodafone active for sms's. even then sms's are hit /miss. i stay in a metro.
i definitely need to try this once my annual plan expires.
i am surprised by this feature and wonder if you use this for regular sms incoming or random marketing messages incoming...

also need a bsnl guy on the forum to port to bsnl- quite a good business opportunity.

Yes it doesn't hurt to try. The operator will send a msg that plan x will expire in y days or has expired and incoming will work till xx date. Wait a few days after the xx date and see if it still works. If not then they have changed the policy for new customers. I'm a very very old Idea customer so it might be a special offer lol.

Doing this to my docomo turned airtel no. Last recharged in Aug 21 and now in this month that too because of fear from jio exp. who disconnected my jio just for not recharging in past 90 days (Jan 22 was last rc for jio)

Back