FS: Cabinets Misc - 2TB Seagate & 2TB WD Green (Internal), ANT VR, Umido VR Controller

Received HD in great condition. Works superb. Thanks for throwing in the extra cable @prime !
Not able to leave feedback since im not able to select the thread option. Let me know if it gets sorted. Will leave one. Thanks!

Added a Seagate 2TB 3.5" HDD (Power ON Hours Count - 2740)
----------------------

BTW, is this Western Digital 2TB HDD still good for use/sale? Took it out from cupboard and shows some warning signs.
your seagate according to its date code was manufactured on 2010-01-29...

and obviously WD has it on it's label was manufactured Dec 2010.

wow u have used it for 10 long years, nice to know their durability for such long years.

Yes, they are quire reliable.

Unfortunately, I did not use it much except for my movies backup. It's hour count is 1905 whereas my PC Crucial SSD bought in June 2021 has hour count of 1935 as I type this.

It's a hit or miss with hard drives. I had an old 348 MB (yeah MBs) Seagate drive that I got from a 386 (it was used for at least 10 years) and it was used in my P1 for another 10 years at least. The disk was used to full capacity cause of how little space was there. I'd uninstall programs to make space for new ones, keeping only the save files. The thing sounded like a jet engine that's crunching pebbles but it never had a data failure and I bet it still works. The only reason I moved away from it is the low capacity and well ancient IDE interface.

On the other hand, my first external hard drive was kept very delicately. I used it to store some small files and then kept it in the shelf. 3 years or so later, the damn thing breathed it's last while I was retrieving the files.

Back