Monitor to mirror Ipad screen for home podcast setup and basic video editing

mallik

Adept
Hi,

My friend has a 2017 Ipad Pro, which she is using for a basic video editing setup.

It has a lightning port, and she is currently connecting her audio setup with it using a lightning to USB-A converter

She wants a larger screen to be able to have a better handle on what she is doing.

I suggested a wired setup, but she also wants the capability to mirror, so it should have AirPlay capability if possible.

Also, with a lightning to HDMI connector, will it be possible to connect her audio setup to the monitor (If monitor has USB hub?)

A 1080p setup should be good enough.

Budget ~20K?

Thanks for the help!

I think if you want airplay in the monitor, the samsung smart monitor line [Full HD ones] are the only ones that have it within 20k.

Not really sure on the latency of airplay mirroring. If it's videos I guess it's fine but if she's video editing there will be a slight delay between what's done on the ipad and when it appears on the mirrored screen.

Lightning to HDMI connector -> It's one way. You are transferring the video/audio signal from your ipad to the device it is connected to. If you really want to do this I would suggest you get something like a dongle hub instead. So you can plug in the HDMI cable to a monitor so that it can mirror the ipad. Also use the additional hub inputs to hook audio into the ipad directly.

iPads also have a 4:3 aspect ratio. If you get a 16:9 or 16:10 monitor, when you mirror ( or even plug in an HDMI) there will be black bars on the sides of the monitor.

What kind of audio setup is she having? It will be easier to provide suggestions if you can provide complete setup details.

A cheaper way is to use BT for audio and something like this for display:

Reason why I am saying this is because good displays with Type-C port for display/power out are costly. For basic video editing, it will be an overkill. Well, unless your friend has money to spend and does not mind paying extra for such a display.

Back